Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4551 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 4691

So hard to keep track of all of it but I like the concept. Really, I think the only way to truly secure our constitutional future is to hold the politicians feet to the fire. It is they who give away our rights and we who validate their votes with ours.

Its also hard to be single issue oriented in today's turbulent economical and society shifting climate. Being a strict Constitutionalist is a great start, literal definition not liberal or conservative! I believe its about time we eliminated everyone from the mix that has a Law Degree and/ or never held a private job (Military excluded).

Those that penned the Constitution were by all accounts brilliant yet they understood that very few citizens were highly educated so they wrote it in simple terms so all could understand it and assert their rights because of that (without a lawyer or translator).

I started 4 years ago by no longer voting in either the Democrat or Republican lines on General Election days! Neither party deserves our respect, both have sold us out; they are the Repubi-Crat Biparts! The only ones they hate more than each other is anyone whos not one of them! If they wont gain third party support, they will never get my vote again.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #32

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
Tack's quote goes in it's entirety as follows. I have this posted prominantly on my desk in my FFL office.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupluous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

While his belief and proposal to follow Barrett's lead is sound, unfortunately, unless a large number of citizens follow the lead, it will not bear the fruit that we would like it to do. The issue is much wider than just firearm manufacturers. Look at the automotive industry, though some of Tacks' principle has already been followed. Ford refused to buy in to the bailouts and instead went ahead and changed their business model internally all on their own. I know of people that have switched brands as they want nothing to do with GM and Chrysler as a result. Good for them! Not enough of new car buyers have done this to make a major difference, however. Way too many manufacturers caved in to having multi lingual packaging. We're supposed to have a national language. There's more, but it's too early in the am for me to get on my soap box. You guys get my drift, however.

Until enough US citizens get on their boxes and say enough is enough for all of the infringements on our rights and our birthrights as US citizens as a whole, it will continue unabated, all of it. We have let the vocal minority take power in our nation. It's time for the majority to take it back, ALL of it! Talking the talk about it in town hall meetings, on TV, and on the internet isn't enough. It's way past time to start walking the walk.
I too agree with Tac, We need to vote with our wallets our ballots and emails. We need to advise the manufacturers that we as American consumers demand the same products/rights that the Government gets. If you think this can not work, re read Tac's first post again.
If we just sit idle and do nothing then that is just what we shall get....nothing.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #33

Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

In 1776, we legally held the pinnacles of gun technology in our hands.

Our founding fathers, when pressed for an opinion, thought it was

as it should be.

I wonder if they would not make us hang our heads in shame,

if they saw how it is now, in this PC, "enlightened age"...

Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5618 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
In 1776, we legally held the pinnacles of gun technology in our hands.

Our founding fathers, when pressed for an opinion, thought it was

as it should be.

I wonder if they would not make us hang our heads in shame,

if they saw how it is now, in this PC, "enlightened age"...
I wonder where they would leave for to start over.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 06-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2225 Times on 1445 Posts

Tack, I really like this idea and I think if enough people do it a big difference could be made. However I think the whole u.n. small arms talks thing is on the horizon and getting closer all the time. Nothing good for firearms owners can come of this, and I think what does come of this will make small fries of the issues you are referring to. What comes to mind is national foid cards, maximum ammunition and firearms allowed in the home, semi auto bans, etc. I hope I'm wrong about this, and forgive me if I turn this thread in a different direction.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #36
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gun Owners do vote more often than many other groups of citizens with a common goal but its obvious we dont vote enough to ensure our Constitution isnt violated and often. Our totals at the polls are abysmal and embarrassing considering the millions of gallons of American blood that have been poured on our soil and others to attain and maintain our More Perfect Union! If you dont vote, your saying they didnt matter a bit, they died for nothing and we dont care if we have a Constitution to live by.

The First and Second Amendment were written with an order of importance that demonstrates an overwhelming legal requirement for citizens to be heard and served not regulated and minimized. It was so important that even deadly force by the citizenry was anticipated as a reasonable and legal response to a government that is out of control. They knew that no government could stay true to its word without checks and balances that carried the highest costs associated with them, Life and Liberty.

I have and will continue to write, email and publicly decry firearms legislation to all that will listen but the fact is, if we vote progressives and liberals into office, they will legislate it right out from under our noses, the record clearly shows that is the case, not the exception to the rule!

The debates we have heard by our Republi-Crats in the last 10 years go to places that we cannot conclude anyone's Constitutional bent. If they wont publicly support an unadulterated and concise reading of our basis for law and order, we must not elect them in the first place. If they are now in office, they must be excoriated in public and booted out of office or they will consistently push the envelope FOOG (For Our Own Good) until that envelope is no longer useful for the citizen. Britain is a perfect example of this and where were heading if we dont stop it from progressing a single step further.

We must never ever yield a single one of our rights to any group, sovereign nation or even our own Elected officials. Our Nation is founded on principles of a growing list of rights and freedoms not the shrinking and expounded on one were embracing now. All politics is local and if we do not show up in the voting booth en mass every time and vote against people that wont protect our most cherished rights, were doomed to be progressed right out of those rights FOOG!

Old 06-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #37
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7315 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9423

This article was posted on another thread but it has relevance here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/18/gun-ownership-up-crime-down/

It is relevant in that it states that many firearms manufacturers have seen a steep increase in demand for their products, so much so that Ruger and S&W have had to halt orders and start round-the-clock production in order to keep up with the demand. If that is the case then one would think that they could take a stance for "Bonum est bonum gander anser" and take a hit for the team (meaning citizen gun owners).

One can dream can't they?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #38
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Remington Arms In Illion NY just got a huge contract with the Army for 84 million making 100,000 M-4s. It will add 50 new jobs and employ nearly 1000 already. Chuckles Schumer did the victory lap for bringing that one home with his sidekick Kirstin Gildebran close at hand, a self professed NRA supporter. Both touted it as a victory for upstate ny at the same time they would deny me and you the right to own that same weapon without nearly an act of congress!

NY is trying to push through the microstamping of all firing pins in new semi automatic handguns as I write this, the Dems that run the assy passed it for a second year in a row yesterday and are pushing for a vote on it 2 days before the end of the session, unless the Gov call a special session, its doa but they will bring it right back up in the fall!

The shell casing collection didnt work out like they planned and have discontinued it now they are pushing for another fantasy plan. Between our current POTUS authorizing the illegal sale of weapons to Mexican Cartels, Eric Holder refusing to turn over subpena'd documents and the striking out of portions of our imagration code, Why would we trust any of them?"

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2225 Times on 1445 Posts

Webly, would you trust any of them before all that? Not me.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 236 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 79

OK, great idea - now we need to work on execution. I vote for a Sticky and do we have the moderators on board ? Organization is the hard part but as the old saying goes United we stand, divided we fall.

I also like the idea of a naughty & nice list.