Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1931 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Kalifornication.........

This state needs what mother nature is going to do to them , only thing is, she should have done it yesterday........Oh wait, we have toxic trash that will start the ball rolling........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #22

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Great idea if it only takes hold. How can we get the word out to all gun owners? Or more importantly future gun buyers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
Tack's quote goes in it's entirety as follows. I have this posted prominantly on my desk in my FFL office.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupluous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

While his belief and proposal to follow Barrett's lead is sound, unfortunately, unless a large number of citizens follow the lead, it will not bear the fruit that we would like it to do. The issue is much wider than just firearm manufacturers. Look at the automotive industry, though some of Tacks' principle has already been followed. Ford refused to buy in to the bailouts and instead went ahead and changed their business model internally all on their own. I know of people that have switched brands as they want nothing to do with GM and Chrysler as a result. Good for them! Not enough of new car buyers have done this to make a major difference, however. Way too many manufacturers caved in to having multi lingual packaging. We're supposed to have a national language. There's more, but it's too early in the am for me to get on my soap box. You guys get my drift, however.

Until enough US citizens get on their boxes and say enough is enough for all of the infringements on our rights and our birthrights as US citizens as a whole, it will continue unabated, all of it. We have let the vocal minority take power in our nation. It's time for the majority to take it back, ALL of it! Talking the talk about it in town hall meetings, on TV, and on the internet isn't enough. It's way past time to start walking the walk.
wjn

Thanks for finding the entire quote. I agree the it will take around 50% of sportsman following Goose and Gander and writing manufacturers in order to see a change. I am also in the camp of former GM and Chrysler customers who will now only do business with Ford. I also dropped my 20 year banking relationship with Washington Mutual after it was bought out by Chase Bank who took bailout funds before it would move forward with the acquisition and joined my local credit union.

My efforts individually do little but I'm vocal and have convinced many others to do the same. My company recently bought 2 new fleet trucks, both Fords. In the past we simply would have gone for the best deal but this time we did not even shop the other two.

Tack

Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8485 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

I have been shopping around for a stripped lower for a little while and I am leaning towards Franklin Armory (though I am still doing my research). The difficulty we have here in CA I am sure all are aware of (if not in detail then perhaps in spirit) and the Franklin Armory is located right here in Morgan Hill, CA, the Belly of the Beast. They seem to be basing their line of products on what I call "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome". I don't know what their stance is on selling to LE (or if LE has looked at them as a source).

A couple of their products might be of particular interest to many of you because of their innovative thinking.

Here is an article on one http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/foghorn/gun-review-franklin-armory-nfa-defying-xo-26b/

And here is another product. http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/franklin-armory-csw/

Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #24

Liked 2546 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

Sounds like it's time to start those "naughty and nice" lists for

November.

Of course, we can vote with our wallets every day...

Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have been shopping around for a stripped lower for a little while and I am leaning towards Franklin Armory (though I am still doing my research). The difficulty we have here in CA I am sure all are aware of (if not in detail then perhaps in spirit) and the Franklin Armory is located right here in Morgan Hill, CA, the Belly of the Beast. They seem to be basing their line of products on what I call "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome". I don't know what their stance is on selling to LE (or if LE has looked at them as a source).

A couple of their products might be of particular interest to many of you because of their innovative thinking.

Here is an article on one http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/foghorn/gun-review-franklin-armory-nfa-defying-xo-26b/

And here is another product. http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/franklin-armory-csw/
Ok Viking so here is the idea. I don't care if you intended to buy from whoever supplies CA LEO's just find out who the are and write them. Let them know you'd love to be able to consider there product but unfortunately can't because they are furnishing the Government with a higher level of performance than they can furnish you with.

Tack

Old 06-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Ok Viking so here is the idea. I don't care if you intended to buy from whoever supplies CA LEO's just find out who the are and write them. Let them know you'd love to be able to consider there product but unfortunately can't because they are furnishing the Government with a higher level of performance than they can furnish you with.

Tack
OK, I get the idea. I am going to contact Franklin Armory and ask a few questions though to see exactly where they stand. I was also told that they do tours of the facility and since they are close by I think I will try to take advantage of that. Of course I will have the "Goose/Gander" thing in my head.

In the mean time, it would be helpful if there was a comprehensive list of manufacturers who do not discriminate between legal gun owning citizens and LE/Military. Or would that just include Barrett at this point in time?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #27

I did an online translation of "What is good for the goose is good for the gander" into Latin. Don't know if it is correct or not but here it is.

Quote:
Bonum est bonum gander anser
Now all we need is a logo!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #28

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I think this article is relevant to this thread.

Microstamping-Firearms

I'm proud of Remington!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #29

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

As for the S&W and Tomkins issue. Tomkins a large British holding co. Tomkins owned 198 Firms at that time. Tomkins was a chosen firm of the English Crown. They even provided boots to the Royals and were allowed to use the Royals Logo.They were never in favor of civilian ownership of handguns. The firm I worked for a major U.S. firm in the western U.S. was cofounded in part by Wm. F. Cody. Tomkins bought us at the time they bought S&W. We had always had a pair of Cody's Navy Colts on Display in our Denver office. They had these guns removed right away. The British Govt. was going to arm the Bobbies with a big purchase of handguns. Tomkins bought Smith and filled a mega order of 9MM pistols. They were also interested in the S&W Freightliner Transmisson parts program. After these projects were completed they sold the S&W Division. It was all about money. Problem was it cost many jobs in the S&W Plant and quality suffered for many years.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #30

I was one of those who would NOT buy S&W during the Tompkins ownership and signing of the HUD agreement. Fortunately the sale to Safe T Lock put them back in US hands and GW Bush's 1st Attorney General, John Ashcroft, nullified the agreement.

I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful 629 Mountain Gun.

Tack