Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

B.O. picks up terds from the clean end all the time.

Maybe that's why we call him "B.O."...

Old 06-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #12

Liked 4736 Times on 2290 Posts
Likes Given: 1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
B.O. picks up terds from the clean end all the time.

Maybe that's why we call him "B.O."...
Does Holder have a clean end?

B.O. Really ought to drop the deuce...

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 06-16-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1125 Posts
Likes Given: 3126

We can start this fall by throwing all the fence sitting pieces of crap who claim to support our 2nd Amendment rights but do nothing to support those rights out of congress.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #14

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
We can start this fall by throwing all the fence sitting pieces of crap who claim to support our 2nd Amendment rights but do nothing to support those rights out of congress.
Kind of like a busload of lawyers going off a cliff.

A good start...

Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8213 Times on 4741 Posts
Likes Given: 10568

Great idea if it only takes hold. How can we get the word out to all gun owners? Or more importantly future gun buyers?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #16

Liked 4736 Times on 2290 Posts
Likes Given: 1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Great idea if it only takes hold. How can we get the word out to all gun owners? Or more importantly future gun buyers?
Every newb popping in for advice on there first gun purchase should get a link to this threat so they can consider the idea and decide for themselves.

Every member who spends time on other gun blogs should feel free to link this thread or propose it themselves there.

Even better would be if NOTDKU agrees, making it an official position of FTF, but I'd understand that position may impact some advertising dollars.

Tack

Old 06-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8213 Times on 4741 Posts
Likes Given: 10568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Every newb popping in for advice on there first gun purchase should get a link to this threat so they can consider the idea and decide for themselves.

Every member who spends time on other gun blogs should feel free to link this thread or propose it themselves there.

Even better would be if NOTDKU agrees, making it an official position of FTF, but I'd understand that position may impact some advertising dollars.

Tack
Maybe make it a Sticky?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #18

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I am in support of this idea. We'll do it the American way. We'll shove the tyranny right back into the hole it came out of using a little bit of old fashioned capitalism!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21545 Times on 12237 Posts
Likes Given: 53660

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
I am in support of this idea. We'll do it the American way. We'll shove the tyranny right back into the hole it came out of using a little bit of old fashioned capitalism!
absolutely! vote of the wallet. i agree with Tack on his posting and think that the vote using your wallet has much power in it. big companies may not listen to our opinions, but they damn sure listen to money we spend!

another thing is, if i know that a business is anti gun for a fact, i personally will not do business with them, and will do it elsewhere.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Tack's quote goes in it's entirety as follows. I have this posted prominantly on my desk in my FFL office.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupluous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

While his belief and proposal to follow Barrett's lead is sound, unfortunately, unless a large number of citizens follow the lead, it will not bear the fruit that we would like it to do. The issue is much wider than just firearm manufacturers. Look at the automotive industry, though some of Tacks' principle has already been followed. Ford refused to buy in to the bailouts and instead went ahead and changed their business model internally all on their own. I know of people that have switched brands as they want nothing to do with GM and Chrysler as a result. Good for them! Not enough of new car buyers have done this to make a major difference, however. Way too many manufacturers caved in to having multi lingual packaging. We're supposed to have a national language. There's more, but it's too early in the am for me to get on my soap box. You guys get my drift, however.

Until enough US citizens get on their boxes and say enough is enough for all of the infringements on our rights and our birthrights as US citizens as a whole, it will continue unabated, all of it. We have let the vocal minority take power in our nation. It's time for the majority to take it back, ALL of it! Talking the talk about it in town hall meetings, on TV, and on the internet isn't enough. It's way past time to start walking the walk.