Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Default Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

Here at FTF, I occasionally see comments like "if you don't trust me with a gun, I don't trust you with a bagde." Or the constant lamentation of the ridiculous hoop to jump through and cost to legally obtain full auto guns and suppressors.

Goose and Gander is a policy I've promoted for a couple of years now. It came to me after reading the full page add Ronie Barret took out in major CA newspapers following the Govonator signing into CA State law, a ban on civilian ownership of the .50 BMG rifle.

In short, Barret told all State and Federal LEO's that Federal law prevented him from knowingly doing business with criminals and since the ban was unconstitutional, the State Government of CA and any Federal Authorities within CA's borders were now criminal organization and as such could no longer receive sales or service from Barret Firearms Manufacturing. He also advised them that if they had property currently at Barret for service, they would need to come claim it, since he could not legally ship it back to them.

He then Promptly introduced the new Barret .419 cartridge that shoots farther and flatter than any .50 BMG so he could continue to serve his Barret enthusiasts within that state.

Barrets reaction to idiot legislators is exactly what the gun culture needs to survive. If civilian sportsman could not have his guns, then neither could cops. We should all applaud his conviction and support his products.

Those old enough to remember the Clinton years when the administration promised to shield manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits in exchange for industry self imposing regulations that the libtards could not get passed in congress should recall that Smith & Wesson, then owned by British holding company Tompkins Limited, was the only gun maker foolish enough to accept this false promise of safety and paid a heavy price. Distributors immediately dropped thier orders for S&W product and within 6 months Tompkings was forced to sell Smith & Wesson to Safety Lock, an American firm out of Texas, putting this Vaunted name in American manufacturing back in American hands.

What do the examples of Barret and S&W prove? They prove that manufacturers who understand where thier bread is buttered WILL back civilian gun owners over Government interests if they are interested in staying in business.

The Second Ammendment was not penned to protect our right to "sporting arms" or our right to hunt. It was written by men who had put their own treasure on the line and risked their lives to throw off the tyrants yoke. It was written to ensure that Americans would always retain the power to throw off this same yoke should they ever find themselves subjugated by a future Government.

This is why we must, each of us as individuals, cease doing business with firms that offer one level of performance to Government forces and another "less effective" level of performance to civilians.

No Government contract is worth loosing civilian sales, not when the split is 20/80 Govt dollars to civilian dollars.

If you live in CA and can only buy a Glock with the unnecessary safety switch, yet your local cop can have the real thing, then not only should you not be buying Glock, you should be writing old Gaston and telling his why! Pretty soon Cops would be shocked to learn that Glock would ONLY sell CA approved guns within the state be the customer civilian or LEO!

If you live in New York and can only have an AR with the gay ass fixed magazine, you should find out which AR company supplies your local LEO's and let write that builder, letting him know why you've decided to built your own rather than buying one of his complete rifles.

How long do we thing these laws would last if Cops were limited to 10 round mags because manufacturers would not sell them the Hi Caps? How long would these laws last if Cops could only get AR's with fixed magazines because that's all manufacturers would sell them?

How long would full auto prices start at 10k per rifle when the Army
And Marine Corp oppened new cases of M4's that were Semi
Auto only?

I'm guessing not very long...

Research your local gun laws, learn which companies are supplying cops with a level of performance that you, the lowly serf, can not own, AND WRITE THEM. guarantee we will see dozens of firms following Barrets example and refusing to do business with the criminal organizations that madquerade as our Government.

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

With all due respect and while I do agree with your opinions, some of the terminology you use, I do not. Using terms such as "Gay" and "Libtards" is not productive, being derogatory is not a viable political strategy and only serves to divide, inflame and ultimately push away those on the fence. If we retain our class even when the opposition does not, we will be much more likely to win the hearts and minds of those still in the middle and gain support for doing so.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 06-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

After 40+ years of playing nice the fince sitters should of already made their choice as to where they stand. I am not here nor do I have a lot of time to baby sit or nursemaid the undesided along.

We have played nice and by their rules for far to long, it is time to get down and dirty

Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If the fight against an over-reaching government was a stand-up, no sissies fight, there could be little doubt of the victory of liberty. Unfortunately, our over-reaching government is a whore, seducing the weak with the money/milk of her diseased boobs (money robbed from the successful) into a life of yoke-loving complacency; the fight will be more sober up than stand up.

You have a good idea.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
With all due respect and while I do agree with your opinions, some of the terminology you use, I do not. Using terms such as "Gay" and "Libtards" is not productive, being derogatory is not a viable political strategy and only serves to divide, inflame and ultimately push away those on the fence. If we retain our class even when the opposition does not, we will be much more likely to win the hearts and minds of those still in the middle and gain support for doing so.
Wiebelhaus,

As opaw stated, we have remained respectful and fought the battle by thier rules for over 60 years despite our adversaries gleefully kicking us in the teeth with the most venomous and hateful lies they could think up all the while stating that in thier view, the end justified the means. With all due respect your platitude toward liberties enemies was shared by John McCain who subsequently handed the white house to our Kenyan in Chief...

Now, had this strategy been effective, if we had more firearm freedom now than we did in 1960, then I would agree with you. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The calm, polite manner in which our predecessors fought this war has led to a steady decline of not only gun rights, but liberty in general.

So while I respect your opinion, I must respectfully disagree and insist on calling a spade a spade.

Political Correctness - The notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end...

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a turd with a clean end.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 06-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #6

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

good idea i will keep this in mind!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2737 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I could not agree more. The 2nd Amendment is for the PEOPLE, not the Government or police. And Political Correct is neither political nor correct. Whatever happened to the old nursury rhyme "sticks and stones"?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Political Correctness - The notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end...

Tack
That, sir, is freakin hilarious. I laughed until my sides hurt then laughed until some more until I was misty eyed.

Overall the goose/gander idea is brilliant. I've advocated voting with with our wallets for years now but the concept Ronnie Barret used was a stroke of free market genius. If we as free thinking men vote with our wallets within the free market system we can affect real demonstrable change in a hurry.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #9

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Wiebelhaus,

As opaw stated, we have remained respectful and fought the battle by thier rules for over 60 years despite our adversaries gleefully kicking us in the teeth with the most venomous and hateful lies they could think up all the while stating that in thier view, the end justified the means. With all due respect your platitude toward liberties enemies was shared by John McCain who subsequently handed the white house to our Kenyan in Chief...

Now, had this strategy been effective, if we had more firearm freedom now than we did in 1960, then I would agree with you. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The calm, polite manner in which our predecessors fought this war has led to a steady decline of not only gun rights, but liberty in general.

So while I respect your opinion, I must respectfully disagree and insist on calling a spade a spade.

Tack
I understand your point and it may very well be valid.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
That, sir, is freakin hilarious. I laughed until my sides hurt then laughed until some more until I was misty eyed.

Overall the goose/gander idea is brilliant. I've advocated voting with with our wallets for years now but the concept Ronnie Barret used was a stroke of free market genius. If we as free thinking men vote with our wallets within the free market system we can affect real demonstrable change in a hurry.
Thanks but I can't credit, the clear turd is actually a much longer quote from an Internet source whose name I don't recall.

Tack