Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Going to D.C , can I carry ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Its better you KNOW what the laws are instead of trying to explain in court that "Crackshot420 from FirearmsTalk.com told me I could"
So what are you saying, that defense won't work? Damn and here my whole strategy hinged on that

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
So what are you saying, that defense won't work? Damn and here my whole strategy hinged on that
Sorry man. What firearm laws are you dealing with?! I could practically memorize ALL of them . If I tried to do that in MA, my brain would melt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Sorry man. What firearm laws are you dealing with?! I could practically memorize ALL of them . If I tried to do that in MA, my brain would melt.
Lucky for me I have no real issues. But I guess if I ever do I won't be using the "so and so on the internet said it was cool" defense. Plus living in VT has certain advantages in regards to firearms

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

My AR458SOCOM Build

Last edited by dog2000tj; 04-27-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #14

Liked 852 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 480

No i was not going to carry on my person just in the truck , I have heard thru the grapevine that its kinda a ruff place to be . I knew taking it into the sonian was a big no no . But thanks for the input

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
No i was not going to carry on my person just in the truck , I have heard thru the grapevine that its kinda a ruff place to be . I knew taking it into the sonian was a big no no . But thanks for the input
Here's a little tip ... stay out fo the shithole places

I'm not agreeing with it nor do I condone it but DC is not a gun friendly place. Taking the chance of carrying in a place like DC is just that, a chance. Until the Supreme Court rules with an iron fist that 2A is absolute places like DC will be a haven for stupidity.

Enjoy the Smithsonian

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7564 Times on 3295 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Ladies and gents- when I mentioned the Peaceable Journey Law, I was referring to a specific Federal law. This takes precedence OVER any state or local law. NYC has been refusing to obey it (thank you Mayor Bloomingidiotberg). There is a difference between CARRYING a firearm and TRANSPORTING a firearm. Here is the law, read it for yourself.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926A
§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6115 Times on 3705 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

In Illinois, I must transport my gun in the trunk of my car. If a vehicle does not have a "separate compartment" as in a mini van or SUV, the gun must be in a locked case in the back of the vehicle.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #18

Liked 852 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 480

I made it back , with my gun so cool deal , did not take it into dc , flipin cops EVERY WHERE .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Mobile

I would not recommend taking any weapon in to DC.
They have no sense of humor when it comes to pistols or other firearms especially.
If you do, you are definitely rolling the dice! If something unexpected should happen and you are found with it. You are looking at a major fines, jail time and loosing your pistol. You know that Murphy runs around following us around on occasion! (Murphy's Law!) If you stay out of DC and left it in your hotel room safe it might be a better choice. That is if you still plan on taking it while you travel to and from for personal protection. Only my thoughts!