Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > God Bless Texas......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default God Bless Texas......

Deathrow Inmates no longer will get Last meal request in Texas. OOO Yah.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I think death row inmates should still get a final meal, personally. They SHOULDN'T be allowed to hang around for 10+ years on death row. That's the main problem with death row. 1 meal is really not a big deal.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5320 Times on 2776 Posts
Likes Given: 336

my hang up with it is the murdering b@stard didnt let his victim pick a ton of food for their last meal... i dont see why they deserve any special treatment.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Fry em. Bring back The Chair.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my hang up with it is the murdering b@stard didnt let his victim pick a ton of food for their last meal... i dont see why they deserve any special treatment.
I understand your point of view, but the final meal stands for more than just a meal. It's a reminder of what they could have been eating everyday if they hadn't committed such a crime. It's a reminder that, "hey, don't forget, we're killing you tomorrow". It's a mind game basically. It brings the reality to life that he is going to die tomorrow. I know for a fact that if I was dying tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to eat a single thing, and if I did somehow eat it, I'd probably throw it up later. That basically makes the whole meal a symbol of your own death.

It comes down to the the mind game summary of this: "Here's this meal you've been thinking about for years, the one you've been drooling over, and now you can't even enjoy it. The one last thing you had left in this world, and we've completely ruined it for you." To me, it's the final f** y** to the criminal. So I say, let him have the dinner, WE get the show.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm fine with them having a "final meal" but to order a crap ton of food and only eat a few bites, heck no! Just give em 2 sloppy joes instead of 1 ;-P

I mean come on, these dudes are eatting better meals hours before dying than some law abiding citizens ever will be able to afford...

Old 09-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #7

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Last meal? You're kidding, right?

Let's start sentencing these scum to medical experimentation.

Why subject puppies and fluffy bunnies to all that pain?

And don't give me any of that "cruel and unusual" crapola.

The victim didn't get a choice if what was going to happen to

them was cruel or unusual.

Money wasted on last meals should be re-allocated to help the victims

of violent crimes.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I think death row inmates should still get a final meal, personally. They SHOULDN'T be allowed to hang around for 10+ years on death row. That's the main problem with death row. 1 meal is really not a big deal.
The sentences we give people is what we think would be strong enough to be a deterent to the crime. What is stronger than death?? The problem is psychology. In order for a punishment to be effective it needs 3 things. Without 1 it is not really effectives. Punishment needs to strong, swift, and decisive.

Death Penalty
strong-obviously yes, they're gonna die
swift- hell no, they get an automatic appeal plus many other appeals they can file for. Average lenght of hotel stay is 13 years.
decisive-not really, death penalty trials take 3.5 times longer than non-death penalty trial.

So, to make it more streamlined, make it 6 months from arrest to trial. Once guilty, give one appeal then off to the firing squad. Crime to conviction to corpse under 1 year. That would definately be strong, swift, decisive. Maybe I should email Rick Perry to give this a trial run.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 09-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

If you want a deterent, try killing the murderer the same way he killed the victim. If the murderer shot the victim and left him to slowly bleed to death, he deserves the same. It's painful, teaches them the ultimate lesson, and fits the crime.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If you want a deterent, try killing the murderer the same way he killed the victim. If the murderer shot the victim and left him to slowly bleed to death, he deserves the same. It's painful, teaches them the ultimate lesson, and fits the crime.
Eighth Amendment-Cruel and Unusual

Granted, they deserve to be treated the same way as they treated their victim. However, because what the criminals do is hainess, I would view the government recipricating the same crime as cruel and unusual punishment. Again, they deserve to have it done to them, I dont advocate the government doing it. I would advocate the victim or victim's family of doing it to them.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945