Glove compartment carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Glove compartment carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 04:44 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default thanks

thanks tek, exactly what is said, seems like someone thought i was trying to pick a fight. by all means i wish life were easy and we didnt need permits, i agree wholeheartedly that we shouldnt have to go through this process, but the process is the process, so what is the argument. its actually silly if you ask me. i am actually proud of the fact that i have a carry permit, and a carry permit for multiple states, i agree that the cost is at times ridiculous, but what can you do. not really sure where the idea of listing all the other rights comes in, but the discussion is getting a bit foolish. if you want to carry without a permit carry, but trust me, it will save you a serious headache when you get stopped for a tail light being out and you get pulled from your vehicle at gunpoint and then go to jail and have to be bailed out for illegal possession of a firearm or carrying a concealed firearm without a permit. that is a serious thing. it sucks, but why put yourself through that old man. ive been on both sides, i like the side i am on now, law enforcement is the only way to go, never liked being a criminal, i was really bad at it.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:43 AM   #22

Dude I have been stopped several times. If you smell and look like a drunk dope fiend I guess you might have a problem. Cops down here don't look at everyone like they are a criminal.

And Texas takes two sets of prints. One goes to Austin and the other to the FBI. And any time the FBI runs a set of prints for what ever reason they become part of their permanent data-base.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #23

Default hmmmm interesting

you are right, i wasnt aware that the Texas carry permit qualifies as a NICS check, the only way it can do that is if it gets run through FBI NICS. I still dont see the problem with that though. so i am curious now, did inform the officers when you were stopped that you were carrying, as required by the laws in the State of Texas? Did you have your permit with you as required by the laws in the State of Texas? If you answer yes to both, then i am quite impressed, i think i might be moving to texas because apparently it just like vermont. if you answer no to both, then you have just admittedly committed two serious violations of the law, and seem not to care in the slightest. it would also make me question the integrity of the law enforcement officers in the state of texas. but that is just me. i do everything possible by the book, it saves headaches.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #24

Default some interesting legalities about texas

peaceful journey nonapplicability, that is a plus. texans should be thankful for this perk. "Anyone who can legally possess a firearm, and is traveling, can carry it inside a motor vehicle. The firearm can be loaded and must be concealed. If it is in view it is a violation of the law. Law beocmes effective 9/1/05." but here is the bad news. "If you are asked by a law enforcement officer to show ID (as in a traffic stop), you are REQUIRED to volunteer that fact you are armed by showing your CHL along with driver's license. When they run your DL, it will show if you have a [B]Texas Resident CHL, so they WILL find out. DPS says the first time you fail to show a CHL, you license 'may' be suspended for 90 days, the second time, 3 years and the third time it may be revoked. (I do not think they are enforcing this rigorously.) The third time 'might' be a Class B misdemeanor but the 2nd time would not. A Class B would result in an automatic revocation which costs your CHL for 5 years."