Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Glove compartment carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glove compartment carry

Glove compartment carry... is it legal in Clark county Nevada if you have a CCW? Also does anyone use the book titled Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States written by J. Scott Kappas. Is it worth the money?

Last edited by jleeper719; 06-04-2007 at 10:32 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Golve comp carry?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'm not in Clark County NV, But most places that I have been, Unless your a consealed carry holder, the anwser is NO! Glove box, is within easy reach, therefore is consealed and ready for use! Thats a NO NO in most places I've been!

RON L

Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Glove compartment carry seems legal according to the NSRPA. No legal statutes cited however.

"Without a CCW permit, a firearm may be concealed in your home or vehicle as long as it is not on your person, concealed by your person, or in a personal item (such as a purse, backpack, briefcase) carried by you."

"If an individual is not hunting, loaded firearms may be carried in a vehicle. During hunting, all firearms must be entirely unloaded before being placed in the vehicle (not after!). Handguns must not be concealed on a person in a vehicle unless that person holds a CCW permit issued in Nevada. Handguns must not be concealed on or by a person's body unless that person holds a CCW permit issued in Nevada. This is true while driving, also."

You could always call Metro and ask....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

In kentucky any law abiding citizen can carry a loaded pistol in the glove box, even if you do not have a CCWP. But they are trying to change that.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #5

You have to check individual states. In La. a mans car is considered an extension of your home and you can carry a gun any way you want. Hidden under the seat, in the console/glovebox or under a towel in the seat next to you.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
You have to check individual states. In La. a mans car is considered an extension of your home and you can carry a gun any way you want. Hidden under the seat, in the console/glovebox or under a towel in the seat next to you.
I wish it was like that around here!

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #7

Default Glove box carry

Glove box carry would be considered peaceful journey, you will have to check the Nevada codes to see if the State of Nevada allows for peaceful journey. Though most states consider your vehicle an extension of your property, and require law enforcement to obtain a warrant before searching your vehicle if there is no probable cause, carrying a weapon in your vehicle without a concealed carry permit can still result in a charge for carrying or concealing a weapon withing a proper permit. There is a reason why they issue permits, and in the State of Washington for instance, there is no peaceful journey, and if you get stopped and have a weapon in the vehicle and do not have a permit to carry, you will go to jail. And many states also have rules on how a gun must be carried in a vehicle, for instance some states require that the weapon be holstered or sheathed or in a lock box. Get the permit, it will make your life easier, and i dont recommend carrying if you dont have the permit, especially in your vehicle, you will be stopped, you will be searched, and you will be arrested.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #8

Carry permits are a bad idea. Any one who can own a gun should have the right to carry it. All the permit does is make a list of law abiding citizens who just happen to own guns along with putting your finger prints on file with the FBI. Plus they are a pain to renew. Also many people who are on fixed incomes can have a hard time finding the money it takes to get one. I let mine lapse because it wasn't worth taking off work to get it.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 AM   #9

Default fbi file

actually the prints taken by local law enforcement be it city, or county or state police are only for their own use. they use them to make sure that the applicants for state carry permits have no criminal record that would bar them from carrying. in fact, from my understanding of the process, the state in which you live will only run your record for that individual state. you may have a record in another state, and it will not restrict you from recieving a carry permit in that state you have applied if you have no record, usually this only works in your current state of residence. those fingerprints are never submitted to the fbi. now the problem comes in when the FFL contact the NICS, now NICS will have a record of offenses from multiple states, so just because one state issued you a carry permit does not mean that the FBI will allow or proceed your gun purchase if you have a record. the fbi maintains no database, it is against the law, the records of purchases and proceeds are destroyed every 24 hours. no need for the paranoia or conspiracy theories, your fingerprints never get to the fbi, the fbi only receives felont conviction records. thats it.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 AM   #10

Default carry permits

and carry permits are a good idea, otherwise every yahoo on the street would have a gun in their pocket. the requirement of a carry permit reduces the amount of people who can legally carry, and yes that is done through the cost which is required to get that permit. it is a good way of maintaining that discipline of control and safety for the public.