Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Glock Back Slide Plate a Bad Idea for EDC? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/glock-back-slide-plate-bad-idea-edc-86893/)

ArmchairCommando 03-19-2013 02:19 AM

Glock Back Slide Plate a Bad Idea for EDC?
 
I'm wanting to order a back slide plate for my glock 27 just because I think it looks cool :cool:. This is my EDC gun and a friend advised me that it might be a bad idea to do so in the unlikely case that I would ever have to use it in self defense. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I figured I would ask just to get some input. Would this be a prosecutor's wet dream or is it really not a big deal? I'll post a link of the item/image I was going to order.

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/BlackSCPs/RYG-TRKGRLSCP.htm

indy36 03-19-2013 02:28 AM

Why would that matter? It's a part, a cover really. It has zero bearing on you pulling the trigger and doesn't make the pulling action any lighter or more dangerous. If it said something crass like "Hispanic killer" then I'd say you're giving a DA or jury reasons to hate you but a mudflap honey? I'm no attorney but I can't see the harm in that.

(And my 'Hispanic killer' comment was just an example. I mean no disrespect to any Latin Americans. I was only making a point what not to do. I had to pick something, someone was going to be offended. Again, I'm sorry, just making a point)

opaww 03-19-2013 02:28 AM

I think it looks cool myself, and see nothing wrong with it

ArmchairCommando 03-19-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36 (Post 1181755)
Why would that matter? It's a part, a cover really. It has zero bearing on you pulling the trigger and doesn't make the pulling action any lighter or more dangerous.

I didn't think that it would matter, but I've read posts on other forums where people have said that if you had something like "zombie hunter" written on your gun, an attorney would make you out to be some crazy loon who thinks he's hunting zombies and wasn't a responsible gun owner, yada yada yada.

I just thought I would ask to be safe rather than sorry.

texaswoodworker 03-19-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmchairCommando (Post 1181960)
I didn't think that it would matter, but I've read posts on other forums where people have said that if you had something like "zombie hunter" written on your gun, an attorney would make you out to be some crazy loon who thinks he's hunting zombies and wasn't a responsible gun owner, yada yada yada.

I just thought I would ask to be safe rather than sorry.

Some antigun attorneys might try to use the "zombie hunter" thing as an excuse to jail a law abiding citizen, but what your wanting doesn't say "zombie hunter".
I don't see any harm in the mudflap honey.

eatmydust 03-19-2013 11:25 AM

No different than custom grips.

mountainman13 03-19-2013 12:08 PM

I've got the punisher skull on my glock 20 edc. My view is better judged by 12 than carried by 6. Even if they use it against you, you're still alive.

Vincine 03-19-2013 01:08 PM

I'd want people to think I was nice if I ever shot someone. Where can I get a pink 'Hello Kitty' back plate?

ArmchairCommando 03-19-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 1182240)
I'd want people to think I was nice if I ever shot someone. Where can I get a pink 'Hello Kitty' back plate?

Ask and you shall receive:
http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/PinkSCPS/RYG-PNKKITYSCP.htm

Thanks to everyone for the input. I went ahead and ordered it.

robocop10mm 03-20-2013 06:03 AM

I don't like them as they might distract you from attaining a good sight picture


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.