Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gifting a handgun across state lines.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1029 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Giving a family member a gift is not a 'purchase' even if the guberment try's to make it such.

It is illegal to "ship" a firearm across state lines without going through FFL

When stated "send" that means "mailing" which is illegal

Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #22
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Immoral? Say what now?

I'm all for not telling people how to circumvent laws we don't agree with (at least outside PM's ), but what is this "morality clause" business? I'm pretty sure we have a significant variance in morals amongst the forum members. Whose morals are we using here and can you define "moral" and "immoral" for us?

Certainly, illegal and legal ......

Old 03-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
Certainly, illegal and legal ......
I'm not sure I understand your response.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #24
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your response.

Posting illegal information on the forum will not be permitted

Period

Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Posting illegal information on the forum will not be permitted

Period
Just so long as we can still enjoy our legal immoralities.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Just so long as we can still enjoy our legal immoralities.

Carry on .......

Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7839 Times on 4526 Posts
Likes Given: 10099

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I posted that 'I' had had enough and would not 'ask' the government for permission to give my kids or grandkids guns....(non violent civil disobedience)
According to some posters the 'government' REQUIRES that if you wish to give a family member a gun who lives in another state you MUST ask the government for permission to do so, in the form of a background check,(requiring you to go through FFL dealers on both ends)WHICH IS JUST WRONG ANYWAY YOU CUT IT and I refuse to comply and my post was removed. If you have not noticed, I am an activist and I thought this was the proper place to state my concerns and state how I intended to oppose the wrongs I see, was I wrong????
If others wish to be sheepeople and comply, that is their choice.
Its all in your interpretation. There is a legal requirement that all interstate transfers be executed through FFls in both states. That is the law.

Some people do not comply with this law (or others). That is fact. This could be a form of protest (IE: "refuse to comply") and we have the right to engage in such activity, right or wrong.

As to the "right to free speech", you have the First Amendment that protects you from the government abridging that right. It does not protect you elsewhere, such as on a private forum on the internet. There is a measure of responsibility in the forum ownership to not allow promotion of illegal behavior and it is only prudent to enforce that policy as it is stated.

JimRau, I would suggest that you state such things in a more ambiguous manner. That can be perfectly acceptable if done correctly.

Now as to prohibiting "Immoral behavior"? I think you are quite incorrect about that G30. I don't think we need any morality police here and I don't think there is any clearly defined moral code we can go to in order to gauge our posts by. For example, I am living with a woman out of wedlock right now. For some that is immoral. For me it is not (not only that but it is quite practical too! ;-)), so where does that line get drawn?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1653 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
It is illegal to "ship" a firearm across state lines without going through FFL

When stated "send" that means "mailing" which is illegal
I don't mail them. I take them and give them to the kids.
As part of my business I ship guns almost every day and I ship to other FFL's.
I do this (transfers) for free to all those in the community even though it is WRONG but I don't want them to get into trouble.
I have no problem with you as the mod, but please keep in mind the following.
"Zero tolerance is for weak mined people who either can't or won't make decisions and/or government employs to use as an excuse for not doing their jobs."
Is it not 'moral' to engage in non violent civil disobedience as a form of protest when our right s are violates?? Is this not the place to discuss it???
This is one of the few place which is dedicated to 'firearms' which we can discuss the issues/problems and I appreciate it, but if you say we can't discuss the action needed to try and change the 'laws' what good is it??

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7839 Times on 4526 Posts
Likes Given: 10099

Oh good Lord! Now we have Orangello pontificating on morality! Is that what the world has come to?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1653 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Its all in your interpretation. There is a legal requirement that all interstate transfers be executed through FFls in both states. That is the law.

Some people do not comply with this law (or others). That is fact. This could be a form of protest (IE: "refuse to comply") and we have the right to engage in such activity, right or wrong.

As to the "right to free speech", you have the First Amendment that protects you from the government abridging that right. It does not protect you elsewhere, such as on a private forum on the internet. There is a measure of responsibility in the forum ownership to not allow promotion of illegal behavior and it is only prudent to enforce that policy as it is stated.

JimRau, I would suggest that you state such things in a more ambiguous manner. That can be perfectly acceptable if done correctly.

Now as to prohibiting "Immoral behavior"? I think you are quite incorrect about that G30. I don't think we need any morality police here and I don't think there is any clearly defined moral code we can go to in order to gauge our posts by. For example, I am living with a woman out of wedlock right now. For some that is immoral. For me it is not (not only that but it is quite practical too! ;-)), so where does that line get drawn?
Thanks for the sermon, but you are preaching to the choir!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Closed Thread