Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Get a ticket & lose your gun rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Get a ticket & lose your gun rights

This is YOUR chance to tell Congress where YOU stand on gun rights!

Dear Friend of Freedom:

Have you ever had a traffic ticket, or have you ever fallen behind paying a bill?

Most Americans have…and if Mayor Michael Bloomberg gets his way, each of these harmless infractions will be grounds for denying your Second Amendment rights.

Parking ticket? No gun. Traffic ticket? No gun.*

Late on a bill? NO GUN.

This is just one of dozens of new gun control schemes to BAN your guns…REPEAL your right to carry a firearm for personal protection…RATION your firearm purchases…REGISTER your guns with the government...and, SURRENDER the Second Amendment to the United Nations.

Why is legislation designed to strip you of your Second Amendment rights surfacing in the U.S. Congress, state legislatures and city halls across America?

I'll tell you why…Because lawmakers are being bombarded with biased media polls that show Americans like you support MORE gun control laws.

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, and CBS are holding up phony media polls that claim Americans like you want MORE gun control, MORE restrictions on gun ownership, and LESS freedom to carry a firearm for personal protection.

A recent poll conducted by Time magazine claims 62% of Americans want to BAN commonly owned semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols.

An NBC News poll claims that a MAJORITY of Americans think gun control laws should be "made more strict."

How could these polls be so wrong?

Because they didn't ask YOU – a law-abiding gun owner and freedom-loving American – where YOU stand on our Second Amendment rights.

That is why NRA's Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) created the 2011 Truth About Gun Owners (TAG) Poll. And to help NRA-ILA battle back against the stacked polls that are driving a renewed push to ban your guns, please answer your NRA-ILA TAG Poll by CLICKING HERE NOW.

NRA-ILA is the arm of NRA that's responsible for defending your firearm freedoms in Congress, the courts and the 50 state legislatures.

But our power to defeat gun control legislation comes from you. With your TAG Poll answers, we can prove to your Senators and Congressman that the media polls driving these gun control schemes are WRONG...

... And that any politician who pushes more gun control is doomed on Election Day.

Every day, NRA-ILA is fighting for you in Congress and the 50 state legislatures. Every day, we have dozens of meetings and hundreds of phone calls with lawmakers. In each and every one of those contacts, we're fighting to save your firearm freedoms.

The moment that lawmakers see proof that I speak for you -- and tens of thousands of gun-owning voters in their states and districts -- we can stop these gun control proposals dead in their tracks.

And right now, more than ever, NRA-ILA needs proof that we speak for you.

That's why I'm counting on you to complete your 2011 NRA-ILA TAG Poll as soon as possible by CLICKING THIS LINK: http://www.nraila-survey.org/?f=1129K10040
Thank you for your help with this vital project and your steadfast loyalty to our mission to protect the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Chris W. Cox
Executive Director
NRA Institute for Legislative Action

P.S. To thank you for completing your 2011 NRA-ILA TAG Poll, I will give you a complimentary subscription to my new monthly e-letter, Armed Citizen, which chronicles real life stories of Americans defending their lives, families and homes with firearms.

In a very real sense, my Armed Citizen e-letter tells why NRA-ILA fights for your Second Amendment rights. We know that when the glass breaks in the middle of the night, and seconds count, the police are minutes away. And all that stands between you and harm is the Second Amendment.

Thank you again for helping NRA-ILA set the record straight by completing your TAG Poll today. Your voice and support are vital to our mission to protect your Second Amendment rights.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Being from NY he BOUGHT the MAYOR OFFICE with DADDYS$$$ and he is a JOKE! its already hard as H%$ to get a gun permit in NYC you eith have to be a cop,tv celb.or singer with $$$ or head of the lefty paper NY TIMES.He just lucky there alot of NON WHITES TO KEEP HIM IN OFFICE!.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Most Americans have…and if Mayor Michael Bloomberg gets his way, each of these harmless infractions will be grounds for denying your Second Amendment rights.
The idiot degenerates of NYC long ago relinquished their rights. They have nothing to bitch about; they begged for this.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #4

Liked 619 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Damn!!!! I'd be screwed in New York. They wouldn't let me own a cap gun. That's screwed up.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Damn!!!! I'd be screwed in New York. They wouldn't let me own a cap gun. That's screwed up.

Cap guns were banned long ago. So was dodge ball.

That's an impressive collection you have there. Unless you're planning on challenging those based on something like unremitting persecution by one particular cop who follows you and tickets you every time you take a breath, you might consider paying those down as circumstances permit. Even in a real state, those might add up to some difficulties for you at some point if they're not dealt with.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Cap guns were banned long ago. So was dodge ball.

That's an impressive collection you have there. Unless you're planning on challenging those based on something like unremitting persecution by one particular cop who follows you and tickets you every time you take a breath, you might consider paying those down as circumstances permit. Even in a real state, those might add up to some difficulties for you at some point if they're not dealt with.
All paid off and covered. I was a lot dumber on the sport bikes as a youngster. My wife saved them all though. I couldn't imagine that those speeding tickets would knock out my right to own a gun. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
bkt

Quote:
I couldn't imagine that those speeding tickets would knock out my right to own a gun. That doesn't make a lick of sense.
Nothing gun-grabbers do makes a lick of sense.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #8

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Nothing gun-grabbers do makes a lick of sense.
I don't like to link to other forums, but integrated close combat forum has a post of a letter written by a jewish psychiatrist expounding on the mentality of anti gun people.

It makes a very interesting read, and almost makes me feel sorry for them. Almost.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #9

Thumbs up

Quote:
All the helmets on the mantle made me chuckle.
I've been riding 40+ years, currently race a KTM 525 Supermoto bike. I remember a stack of tickets like that when I was young & good-lookin with a sporty-bike.
Tip; get rid of them damn sportbikes and get a supermoto bike. Cops don't even look at you.

-Last ticket I got was in 1999. Ran a Deputy Sheriff off the road with my snowplow truck. Hey it wasn't intentional !...
Gawd..in NY I'd probably still be in Jail for that.

Under my shirt? Oh that..it's a cell phone.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:08 AM   #10

I'd love a supermoto bike but there's no use for one in Iowa. Flat straight nothing for days. If I head back south where they have turns, I'll have a supermoto for sure.

~George Washington