Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Get it right, please! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/get-right-please-82555/)

JimRau 01-27-2013 02:25 AM

Get it right, please!
 
Please stop using the terms the progressive anti gun people are using.
The proposed legislation is NOT 'Gun Control', it is 'anti-gun rights' legislation.
They are not trying to ban 'Assault Weapons', but "Semi-automatics and their magazines'. (assault weapons, true military weapons, were 'banned' to average citizens by the NFA in the 30's)
This is a tactic the progressives use to get US to start using their negative terms. They have been doing this for over a century and it has worked well for them!!!:(

c3shooter 01-27-2013 02:36 AM

Jim, you have some very good points.

What I have done is use their language, and apply it to other sections of the B of R.

You can pray, but there should be a limit of 7 words to your prayer?

You can write whatever you like- but there should be a 7 day waiting period before you can publish it?

You have a right to vote- but first you should have to prove that you know how to operate the voting machine?

JimRau 01-27-2013 02:58 PM

Point being, if you use their negative term (which sound positive) you are playing right into their hands!!! :( And this HELPS their cause/agenda!!!:mad:

yoteseeker 01-27-2013 04:25 PM

I noticed that some anti's are using gun safety instead of gun control.

JAD 01-27-2013 04:26 PM

lol, I got a kick out of this one. one million my a**...



http://youtu.be/6USouHCdmyo

DFlynt 01-27-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRau (Post 1111681)
Please stop using the terms the progressive anti gun people are using.
The proposed legislation is NOT 'Gun Control', it is 'anti-gun rights' legislation.
They are not trying to ban 'Assault Weapons', but "Semi-automatics and their magazines'. (assault weapons, true military weapons, were 'banned' to average citizens by the NFA in the 30's)
This is a tactic the progressives use to get US to start using their negative terms. They have been doing this for over a century and it has worked well for them!!!:(

I prefer the term "anti constitutional rights" legislation!

Rarity 01-27-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAD (Post 1112377)
lol, I got a kick out of this one. one million my a**...



http://youtu.be/6USouHCdmyo

I remember seeing the other defenseless mothers after the pro gun rally in Albany. There were about 100 of them, lmao.

eldarbeast 01-27-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRau (Post 1111681)
(assault weapons, true military weapons, were 'banned' to average citizens by the NFA in the 30's)(

39 states still allow private ownership (buying and selling) of fully automatic weapons registered before 1986.

edlar

JimRau 01-27-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldarbeast (Post 1112535)
39 states still allow private ownership (buying and selling) of fully automatic weapons registered before 1986.

edlar

You missed the point. I said for 'average' citizens, not us 'gun people' who will go the extra mile for the background check and pay the tax to 'collect' full auto weapons, not to mention the outrageous cost of the weapon itself.
The NFA put ban on military/assault weapons which is still in affect today. :(

JimRau 01-27-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt (Post 1112390)
I prefer the term "anti constitutional rights" legislation!

That works too!!;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.