Get off your butt now and write your representatives.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Get off your butt now and write your representatives.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5713

Default Get off your butt now and write your representatives.

I am saddened by the latest shooting.

I see this as a loss of precious life, and as an individual attack against our God Given Rights.

While it may seem political to speak up for gun rights at this time, don't think for a minute that the administration isn't looking forward to using this event as a means do destroy our rights.

Now is the time to write your representatives and send a clear and immediate message.

The anti-gun groups are surely doing this in organized numbers.

Don't stand by. Please write.
See NRA link in my signature.

Rarity Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #2

Liked 3148 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2198

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I am saddened by the latest shooting.
best to have stopped there. these were KINDERGARTNERS, some kids 5 years old.

nothing could describe my sadness and disgust. my prayers to all family, the pro/anti gun debate can rest for another time.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

best to have stopped there. these were KINDERGARTNERS, some kids 5 years old.

nothing could describe my sadness and disgust. my prayers to all family, the pro/anti gun debate can rest for another time.
KG71L has a valid point. You can be assured the anti-2a people are mobilizing.

We as 2a supporters can condemn this tragedy and move to protect our rights without being seen in a bad light.

My prayers to all affected by this atrocity.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Agreed. Democrat or republican or third party. WRITE THEM. According to some anti gun congressman's twitter page, the gun debate has already been stirred and the anti gun community is being mobilzed. I want to grieve for the loss of all those children. And I am and will continue too. But now is not a time to set back. Losing this battle could mean another Clinton era ban. And since such young children are involved, emotions will be high.

And god be with the kids and families affected by this heinous act.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 12-14-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #5

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

..and so it begins.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4315

Living in New Mexico.

The only Congressman that would listen is Rep Steve Pearce; however, he is not in my district. The Senators not worth it; they voted for UN Disabilitiies Act is just one example of many.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2749 Times on 1335 Posts
Likes Given: 1394

And while we are at it we need to get things changed due to the Civil Rights idiots who have locked our mental health system up when dealing with the mentally ill. All in the name of rights! If you have noticed most of these cases have a background of mental health issues. But little can be done with them until after the fact. That is our societies fault. A doctor committed an individual to an mental facility for assessment after he had advised he was going to kill someone. The facility contacted the doctor the next day after the interview to advise him that he did not advise them of any such threats. So there was little they could do if he wanted to sign himself out! The doctor advise certainly he did not mention it to you because he wants the H out of there. Sounds familiar doesn't it! Look at the Movie Shooter's history. We need mental health reform not gun reform!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

GatorDude Likes This 
Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Obama is already saying, in a veiled way, something is going to have to be done. Here's part of his speech:

"As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it is an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

I'm sure he's talking gun ban.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #9

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I'm on the app. Please post link for NRA email. Thanks.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #10

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
..and so it begins.
You're a brony as well?