Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From Georgia - HB 915 - Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thumbs up From Georgia - HB 915 - Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008

A BILL to be entitled an Act to enact the "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2008"; to amend Article 4 of Chapter 11 of Title 16 of the O.C.G.A., relating to dangerous instrumentalities and practices, so as to prohibit persons from attempting to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer; to prohibit persons from aiding and abetting such actions; to provide for penalties; to change certain provisions regarding the transportation and carrying of certain firearms and other weapons; to provide for exceptions; to provide for civil penalties; to amend Code Section 38-3-51 of the O.C.G.A., relating to the emergency powers of the Governor, so as to limit the Governor's emergency powers with respect to firearms; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/sum/hb915.htm

Member GCO

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #2

Plain English please!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ View Post
Plain English please!
It removes some of the restrictions on where one may carry a concealled weapon in Georgia.

Member GCO

Old 02-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

House Bill 89 seems to be the one which they want to pass first.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/sum/hb89.htm

Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
It removes some of the restrictions on where one may carry a concealled weapon in Georgia.
Georgia Law does not require the firearm to be concealed. Georgia Firearm Licenses are Carry Permits.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great law to me hope it passes for you folks in Georgia

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
Peg

Smile New Gun Laws Passed in Georgia

We're happy in Georgia! Our Governor Perdue signed into law our right to carry into establishments that serve alcohol, in our parks and onto MARTA --- big one! Our transit trains are NOT safe, no matter what Atlanta's Major "Shirley Girl" Franklin says! I know by experience because I was almost a crime statistic on Marta. Was riding by myself and was goated by a crowd of young heathens. Won't ride it again because of it!

Now I can carry protection but I probably still won't ride Marta again.

The law also makes the Probate Courts transact carry permits within 30 days (I think). Although the law doesn't go into affect until July 1st, my county (Lumpkin) already uses their new system. I was the first to apply and get fingerprinted under their new system. What a dream! It took only half an hour and I got my card in 10 days!