Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gene pool has a shallow end

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8310 Times on 3592 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Default Gene pool has a shallow end

From Today's Richmond Times-Dispatch, 2 stories

1. A "survey" conducted on behalf of Mayor Bloomberg's group finds that Virginians support stronger gun laws. Seems that 84% would support a law requiring gun dealers to notify the police when a purchaser fails a background check.

DUH.

Here, the dealer calls in the background check to the VIRGINA STATE POLICE. The STATE POLICE conducts the background check, and the POLICE tell the dealer whether the person has passed or not. So it appears that they want the dealer to tell the police that they were told by the police.... Excuse me, need an aspirin.

2. A nearby jury returned the verdicts in a murder case. The jury found him guilty of two counts of murder, in shooting 2 men to death. They found him NOT guilty of the crime of using a firearm to commit a felony. Excuse me, need another aspirin. They DID find him guilty of being a previously convicted felon is possession of a firearm. JUST GIVE ME THE FREAKING BOTTLE OF ASPIRIN.

3. Seems some group is campaigning to change gun show laws, so that the VA Tech shooter would not have been able to buy the gun he used. Which was already illegal- except for the "right of privacy" people that had prevented his mental health records from having been reported to the State Police- as required by law. No one seems to note that he did not purchase his firearms from a gun show. He bought them through local dealers,who, as required to by law, conducted a background check. He passed it. Since no one had entered the info that he had been adjudged mentally incompetent.

Sorry, I need to go wrap my head with duct tape. later.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There's a dozen reasons someone can fail a check or be on a hold. I had a friend that had received a ticket...A paid out ticket for possession of marijuana. He was not allowed to buy the pistol he wanted. After three days hew was allowed to learn why. Should police be alerted when this guy tries to buy a gun? A guy I worked with years ago was denied because he was charged with two DUI offenses in a year. That would have been bad but he was acquitted on one of them. Again..Call the police?

Sure you have some convicted felon that's stupid enough to try might need to be watched a little closer. But I'm not so sure I am willing to send people out to check out every person that is denied.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

After reading that bit of lawmaking douche baggery, I think I need a tinfoil hat.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Gave me a friggin head ache!!

*******Insert face palm pic here*******

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

And to think we pay these people way too much to make these stupid statements and requests.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #6

Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Shallow end of gene pool? I think some body drained the pool.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Anything coming from Bloomberg and his merry band of commie ass-hats is bound to be effing retarded. Not really surprised by any of this, I have now completely lost faith that mankind can survive as a species.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #8

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

These people obviously jumped into the gene pool when the lifeguards weren't watching... I see a desperate need for some chlorine!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A felon is protected from self incrimination on form 4473.
I seem to remember a fellow suing because the questions on the form to buy a gun would have made him incriminate himself.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Can we just call him Mary Bloomers instead?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.