Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Gene pool has a shallow end (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/gene-pool-has-shallow-end-39289/)

c3shooter 03-04-2011 04:57 AM

Gene pool has a shallow end

From Today's Richmond Times-Dispatch, 2 stories

1. A "survey" conducted on behalf of Mayor Bloomberg's group finds that Virginians support stronger gun laws. Seems that 84% would support a law requiring gun dealers to notify the police when a purchaser fails a background check.

DUH.:confused:

Here, the dealer calls in the background check to the VIRGINA STATE POLICE. The STATE POLICE conducts the background check, and the POLICE tell the dealer whether the person has passed or not. So it appears that they want the dealer to tell the police that they were told by the police.... Excuse me, need an aspirin.

2. A nearby jury returned the verdicts in a murder case. The jury found him guilty of two counts of murder, in shooting 2 men to death. They found him NOT guilty of the crime of using a firearm to commit a felony. Excuse me, need another aspirin. They DID find him guilty of being a previously convicted felon is possession of a firearm. JUST GIVE ME THE FREAKING BOTTLE OF ASPIRIN.

3. Seems some group is campaigning to change gun show laws, so that the VA Tech shooter would not have been able to buy the gun he used. Which was already illegal- except for the "right of privacy" people that had prevented his mental health records from having been reported to the State Police- as required by law. No one seems to note that he did not purchase his firearms from a gun show. He bought them through local dealers,who, as required to by law, conducted a background check. He passed it. Since no one had entered the info that he had been adjudged mentally incompetent.

Sorry, I need to go wrap my head with duct tape. later.

DrumJunkie 03-04-2011 05:11 AM

There's a dozen reasons someone can fail a check or be on a hold. I had a friend that had received a ticket...A paid out ticket for possession of marijuana. He was not allowed to buy the pistol he wanted. After three days hew was allowed to learn why. Should police be alerted when this guy tries to buy a gun? A guy I worked with years ago was denied because he was charged with two DUI offenses in a year. That would have been bad but he was acquitted on one of them. Again..Call the police?

Sure you have some convicted felon that's stupid enough to try might need to be watched a little closer. But I'm not so sure I am willing to send people out to check out every person that is denied.

doctherock 03-04-2011 05:19 AM

After reading that bit of lawmaking douche baggery, I think I need a tinfoil hat.

dunerunner 03-04-2011 05:22 AM

Gave me a friggin head ache!!

*******Insert face palm pic here*******

doctherock 03-04-2011 05:25 AM

And to think we pay these people way too much to make these stupid statements and requests.

rjd3282 03-04-2011 05:27 AM

Shallow end of gene pool? I think some body drained the pool. :eek:

pandamonium 03-04-2011 05:45 AM

Anything coming from Bloomberg and his merry band of commie ass-hats is bound to be effing retarded. Not really surprised by any of this, I have now completely lost faith that mankind can survive as a species.

AusLach 03-04-2011 05:57 AM

These people obviously jumped into the gene pool when the lifeguards weren't watching... I see a desperate need for some chlorine!

oldshooter 03-04-2011 06:34 PM

A felon is protected from self incrimination on form 4473.
I seem to remember a fellow suing because the questions on the form to buy a gun would have made him incriminate himself.

orangello 03-04-2011 07:10 PM

Can we just call him Mary Bloomers instead?