Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   GEICO - Cancels policy because he was in gun manufacturer business (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/geico-cancels-policy-because-he-gun-manufacturer-business-82343/)

Bigcountry02 01-24-2013 07:54 PM

GEICO - Cancels policy because he was in gun manufacturer business
 
Time to tell GEICO to pound sand!

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/23/geico-insurance-cultural-marxist-hypocrisy-gun-manufacturer-auto-policy-cancelled-because-he-is-in-firearm-business/

Because he makes gun parts for a living this policy holder received a letter from GEICO cancelling his auto insurance. The letter says his auto insurance is being cancelled because he owns a company that manufactures parts for firearms:

http://theconservativetreehouse.file...g?w=960&h=1280

PanBaccha 01-24-2013 07:58 PM

I was considering changing my auto insurance from Geico to another. Hem and haw about it. Now thanks to this posting I will be leaving Geico. Thanks!

Bigcountry02 01-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 1108553)
I was considering changing my auto insurance from Geico to another. Hem and haw about it. Now thanks to this posting I will be leaving Geico. Thanks!

You are welcome! I have USAA Insurance for about 10 years.

hoovco 01-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02

You are welcome! I have USAA Insurance for about 10 years.

USAA is the way to go. I have pretty much everything with those guys.

Mosin 01-24-2013 08:18 PM

Usaa for the win.


So can you quit doing business with anyone for exercising their constitutional rights? Like, I don't agree with the whole freed slave thing... Can I drop all African Americans?... Or what about women voting? Can I quit doing business with any woman who voted?

krosskelt 01-24-2013 08:23 PM

Government (you know the people that make war) Employees Insurance Company? No way. I have seen this story and follow the guy on facebook. He makes adaptor tubes IIRC. Not guns, Not Ammo but adaptors so you can use single shot shotguns to fire other calibers, for the survivalist. Glad we switched last year, was with Geico for 8 years and wife sent the check a week late. No accidents or tickets in over 10 years and they raised our rate $250 over six months.

nfmus209 01-24-2013 08:37 PM

LAWSUIT! Your occupation has nothing to do with car insurance unless you are a wheelman, and in that case calm down Jason Statham!

DrumJunkie 01-24-2013 08:47 PM

All the more reason to never be a customer of theirs. Should have known with that damn lizard with the funny accent...

davva360 01-24-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfmus209
LAWSUIT! Your occupation has nothing to do with car insurance unless you are a wheelman, and in that case calm down Jason Statham!

While I don't agree with dropping someone over their occupation they have used occupation as part of their rating calculations as long as I can remember.

hoovco 01-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin
Usaa for the win.

So can you quit doing business with anyone for exercising their constitutional rights? Like, I don't agree with the whole freed slave thing... Can I drop all African Americans?... Or what about women voting? Can I quit doing business with any woman who voted?

If you really wanted to, I guess you could. Might make life a bit more difficult though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.