Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gearin' Up to Shut Down the 2nd Amendment!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Anything that comes from the huffington POS I discount 100% and throw it in the trash

Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
If you think there is any difference between a DEM and a REP than you have been completely brainwashed and should ask for you money back
+1. The hammer has been applied squarely on the head of the nail of truth.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Please, explain?
If there's no difference then there's no difference on who gets put in office. So therefor voting is pointless.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #24

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

I tell you what else we need to do. We need to appear to everyone as intelligent, responsible group. We need to stop this radical BS trying to defend some a$$ clown who wouldn't show his I'd, and this jerk that armed himself with gun, camera, and phone went looking for a confrontation and got more than he bargained for. These acts and more like them do nothing but strengthen the support against us. In some threads I heard it said they don't care what others think, well you better start. We need to attract support from those on the fence.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #25

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01 View Post
We gun owners need to vote as a block and support Republican politicians only.......There will always be an occasional jerk Republican, but any Republican is better that risking a vote on a liberal Democrat.........Make it an issue by writing your Republican politicians in office and assure them that supporting gun ownership is good for getting our votes.

Things should begin looking better for our country when Obama and many Democrats are voted out of office.
Quote:
So you must have missed the whole 08' economic collapse that happened on the GOP's watch then? How about the 11+ yrs of war? The Patriot Act? The TSA? unchecked Illegal Immigration along our southern border? All on the GOP's watch as well.

If you think there is any difference between a DEM and a REP than you have been completely brainwashed and should ask for you money back
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
There's definitely differences. If you don't think there are you might as well not vote.
Quote:
Please, explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
If there's no difference then there's no difference on who gets put in office. So therefor voting is pointless.
As I understand it you support dan01's position that
Quote:
We gun owners need to vote as a block and support Republican politicians only
by your counterpoint
Quote:
There's definitely differences
to my statement of
Quote:
If you think there is any difference between a DEM and a REP than you have been completely brainwashed
. Is that not correct?

So if that is correct and you do support dan01's argument, then please explain the differences between the DEM and GOP parties? I most certainly do not agree with you that
Quote:
voting is pointless
, as example the shellacking the DEM's took just 2yrs ago in 10' should suffice.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19823 Times on 11256 Posts
Likes Given: 49971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
I tell you what else we need to do. We need to appear to everyone as intelligent, responsible group. We need to stop this radical BS trying to defend some a$$ clown who wouldn't show his I'd, and this jerk that armed himself with gun, camera, and phone went looking for a confrontation and got more than he bargained for. These acts and more like them do nothing but strengthen the support against us. In some threads I heard it said they don't care what others think, well you better start. We need to attract support from those on the fence.
Kycol, very well said i agree 100%! the fence sitters are the ones we do need to sway and convince. the image we set forth is very important and we have to promote our gun rights in as a positive an image as possible.

most anti-gunners are a lost cause to our messages and arguments, but we do still need to be above them in our confrontations with them. stay above insults and fight them with facts and intelligence.
vincent Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #27

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post

That's what I've been screaming for years!!! Too much attention is paid to the anti-rights doucheknuckles and their illogical asshettery. It's the people that think the 2A doesn't affect them, that really have no interest in our sport/hobby/passion that we need to educate...not alienate. Not to mention the gun owners that don't vote themselves...for whatever reason...What was it, only 37% of eligible voters hit the polls last time out? Not good.

Politics was NEVER supposed to be a career...you get in, do your job in DC, then go back to work in real life...(Can't remember the John Adams quote verbatim but it was something along those lines...)

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 AM   #28

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I'm sure I will offend more than a few people with this, but ask my wife if being offensive ever really bothered me.
Right and Left are pretty much the same thing at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

On the Left we have the nutty, give everyone everything Libtard. This person honestly believes the US is at fault for all the worlds problems, thinks that we can all just live together in some sort of equal Utopian paradise (I challenge them to name one point in human civilization that there was ever a society like that). Think John Lennon and his commie anthem "Imagine". You cannot change these people and you cannot reason with them.

On the Right we have the ultra conservative Bible bangers. These people want to control your every move in the name of "God" (their God I might add, nobody who believes different could ever be right). They don't want a woman to be able to make a choice about abortion, don't want to give credit to science (when the facts are staring them in the face) and in many ways want us to live and believe exactly as they do (not something our Founders would really like IMO). These are the people are just as bad as the goofy Lefties, you cannot reason with them and you will never change them.

So, what we are left with is people like myself. I don't personally give a tinkers damn about religion, in fact I think it (and not money) is the root of evil, 95% of the churches out there are business' and should be paying taxes. However, as long you don't push your religion on me, I don't care if you pray to the hood ornament of a '58 Plymouth. But I am willing to die protecting mine and my children's RIGHT (and yours) to that opinion.
That leaves me with how I decide to vote. I vote for the person who I think will do the least damage to the 2nd. EVERYTHING else is minor. Without our right to keep and bear arms, we will be powerless to do anything. This is where the left misses things all together. Had they lived through the fall and occupation France in WWII, they might get it, but I'm still not sure.

Like was said before, we (gun owners and 2A advocates) need to appeal to the fence sitters. I am a political fence sitter, just cruisin' someplace in the middle, I think 'Ol Mit being a Mormon and being in the White House would not be a good thing, HOWEVER given the choice I am certainly not going to vote for the Kenyon. We know what his plan is and I fear the un-known less.

What needs to happen is that all the guys (and gals) who are stuck in the middle need to be shown that gun owners are not a bunch of toothless morons. They need to know that we are Teachers, business owners, bankers, truck drivers...normal people just like them. If we can do that and motivate them to vote in a way that protects the 2nd Amendment, then the US will be fine, if not, well.................

Last edited by JD1969; 07-06-2012 at 03:20 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #29

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

There will be a march on DC that will make the Million Man look like a Sunday picnic.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #30

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
Let em come. There is more of us than them.
Yes sir letm come!! I stand for the second amendment!

Closed Thread