Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Funny Traffic Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

When I was 15 or 16 (1980?) there was a guy yelling for help back in a canyon above the house, my dad called the Sheriff's Office and they had not found our place until very late in the afternoon. By that time it was getting dark (this was in December) and the Deputies said they would walk back and fetch the lost guy. My dad and I insisted that we had to guide them (I had the best knowledge of the terrain which is pretty rough) and told them to lighten up their load, they wouldn't need the sidearms or billy clubs, etc., but to keep the radios and flashlights as that was all they would need. They insisted that the were required to have them while in uniform, etc, etc..

About 1/8th mile into the hike in increasing darkness one of them said that the body armor was heavier with every step, now this was around 1980, so body armor was a new thing to us civilians, so my dad and I just sort of looked at each other and went on.

Several hundred yards further along one of them lost his sidearm down the hill. He sent me down to fetch it for him because he was too done in to fetch it himself.

Did I mention that we had only 3 rechargeable flashlights, they were new technology and didn't last long? (rechargeable Maglights. Best damned flashlights on the planet. But new at the time) Since it was dark, we had been leapfrogging using only one flashlight at a time with me hiking ahead and lighting the way for the others to follow. slow going but necessary due to the circumstances.

So along the way, the same deputy lost his billy club down the hill and told me to get it for him. Needless to say it is still there today.

When we found the lost guy the deputies had had enough. They radioed in that they needed a Big Gulp Dr. Pepper and a pizza waiting for when they got out. They asked if we wanted anything and my dad said he wanted a 6-pack of Rainier Ale along with the pizza.

At this point the rechargeable flashlight batteries were depeleted, so I would hike up the hill towards the closest road in the dark, then switch the light on for a few seconds to light the way for those following. Had to rope the deputies and the lost guy together and haul them up over some spots. They radioed in for a helicopter to light the way but the forest canopy is so thick that the spotlight couldn't penetrate it in any way that was helpful.

We ended up out on the highway and waited for the pizza and beer. it was only a few minutes before it arrived and my dad opened a bottle of beer and handed it to me (well underage). This was around 2:00 or 3:00 AM. At some point along the line I said that after this experience I would not hesitate to run from the cops because they would not be able to catch me.

A year or so later I was hauling ass from one friends houses to another in town with the full-tilt boogie, lifting one rear wheel off the ground in my mom's Honda and squealing the tires like mad at some early morning hour. I got pulled over by one of those two deputies and she was fit to be tied, was going to haul my ass into jail for driving like that........ up until she realized that I was the one who had recovered her loaded service sidearm back in the hills above town and on and on.

Not sure how she explained it to her partner (it might have been the same partner as far as I know).

Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5475 Times on 2861 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
That is funny because when they passed the CHL law in Texas, 98% of the Troopers were issued P-220's. If the rookie could not figure it out, how did he pass the Academy?

Too many cops are completely ignorant when it comes to guns. That is like a mechanic that cannot operate a ratchet.
Cant remember what either was using but the youngster was nervous as all hell. He was obviously vaporlocked.

Im sure he thought he just caught a clocktower sniper heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #33
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5892 Times on 2916 Posts
Likes Given: 6252

Bacon Bits is precious! I bet that one stuck in his craw!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #34

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Bacon Bits is precious! I bet that one stuck in his craw!
I'm sure it did and hoping it catches on as the new term to describe all cops with "little man's syndrome".

Tack

Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Good job haha!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #36

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

This had to be about 20+ years ago in Wayne, NJ. There was a spot on a divided portion of Rt46 that an officer decided to use to hide his vehicle for a speed trap. He was on a center strip of grass that was hidden by an overpass. I go speeding by at a good rate and see the cop absolutely get on the gas while on the center grass (so much so that I can hear his engine racing). Unbeknownst to Barney Fife was the fact that there was a break in the grass where a gutter was put in that was bookended by concrete on either side (like a curb). See my image below (car is the arrow, then a curb, then the drain, then another curb).

--> )#(

He hit that second curb so hard his front end went 2' in the air and he came to a dead stop. No ticket for me since he was dead in the water. It should be noted that this was the 1st and last time I ever saw a cop hiding there!

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #37
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5892 Times on 2916 Posts
Likes Given: 6252

Nice, you ditched him!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #38
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
This had to be about 20+ years ago in Wayne, NJ. There was a spot on a divided portion of Rt46 that an officer decided to use to hide his vehicle for a speed trap. He was on a center strip of grass that was hidden by an overpass. I go speeding by at a good rate and see the cop absolutely get on the gas while on the center grass (so much so that I can hear his engine racing). Unbeknownst to Barney Fife was the fact that there was a break in the grass where a gutter was put in that was bookended by concrete on either side (like a curb). See my image below (car is the arrow, then a curb, then the drain, then another curb).

--> )#(

He hit that second curb so hard his front end went 2' in the air and he came to a dead stop. No ticket for me since he was dead in the water. It should be noted that this was the 1st and last time I ever saw a cop hiding there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Nice, you ditched him!

Sounds more like the cop "ditched" himself!