Funny Traffic Stop - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Funny Traffic Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I used to live in Indianapolis, and worked the 3-midnite shift. One night I was driving my '69 Mustang "Mach 1" home, going down a street with little traffic. I passed a cop going the other way, and in my rear-view mirror I saw him turn around and follow me. I wasn't speeding, so he had no legitimate reason to stop me. He followed me several blocks, then turned on his lights (red in that day) and stopped me, about 20 feet from a group of teenage girls that were standing on the corner. He got on his speaker and ordered me out of my car. I got out and walked back toward his car. He met me about halfway with his gun drawn, and told me my car matched the description of a getaway car used in an armed robbery. He wanted to search my car, I said OK, so he turned his back to me, holstered his gun, bent over and stuck his head in my car acting like he was searching it. Then he turned around, said "You don't match the description of the robber". Then he got in his car and left. The whole time, we were within a few feet of the teenage girls. He didn't frisk me, didn't want to see my license, nor registration. The whole time I was standing there I had my hands in my suit coat pockets. In my right hand was a Charter Arms Bulldog, .44 Special w/a 3" barrel. Obviously he was just showing off for those girls. I wonder how many teenage girls he molested during his career. It was funny how inept he was, but scary about him potentially endangering those kids just to show off. Also, for what it's worth, so far as I knew my turquoise and black '69 Mustang was the only one in central Indiana at that time.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 06-07-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 876 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 197

few years ago, we had a quick sudden snow in very cold temps. Dropped about 1/2" in just a matter of minutes, right during rush hour. I went under an overpass, and ran into absolute glare ice. If I was doing 5 mph, I'd be shocked. Brakes did NOTHING, it was like there were no brakes. State LEO was right there already handling an accident. Poor Datsun in front of my full size bronco turned into an accordian. LEO, comes over and say's don't you think you were driving a little fast for conditions? I looked at him and said "how fast do think I could honestly be driving today, BAAAM"... another accident. He sighed, handed me back my papers and said, this is going to be a long afternoon.

Last edited by partdeux; 06-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #23

Liked 4792 Times on 2318 Posts
Likes Given: 1483

My club has several LEO members who are very proficient but the worst safety violations I've seen have also been by cops.

It wouldake me very nervous to have my gun removed by these guys because...cops are like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get?

Forest Gump

Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #24

Liked 2469 Times on 1603 Posts

Not a traffic stop... My grandma, same one, was friends with the local cop (many years ago). One night she picked up a roadkill raccoon, went to the police station, snuck past the deaf dispatcher with it, and propped it up on the desk. She got away in time, luckily because the cheif came into the station for the town council meeting upstairs. Apparently he felt threatened because he pulled out his revolver and shot it. Good thing she didn't get caught.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #25

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Can you ever a get a ticket for going to slow?
It's usually called obstructing traffic. Most cops don't care unless you really are obstructing, like if you have 15 cars lined up behind you and people laying on the horn.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #26

Liked 1464 Times on 886 Posts
Likes Given: 339

My best State Trooper stop story is this:

My driveway was in the middle of a long tight curve. One Easter morning, just after sunrise, my wife and I loaded up to go see her parents. I came to the end of my drive, stopped, looked both ways, and made a slow left turn. Two thirds of the way through my turn, I hear the squalling of tires to beat the band. I looked in my rearview mirror, and saw a trooper, half off the road and a cloud of dense white smoke from his tires.

I didn't wait for him to light up his lights, but just pulled of on the right shoulder, got out of my car, and got my billfold out. It took the trooper, what seemed like a half hour to get out of his car. (probably like one minute) He walked to me with his legs still shaking. I had my license in hand held out to him. My first words were, "Man, I guess I ****** up. He ignored my license and asked, "What the hell were you doing?". I told him, "Officer, I stopped, looked both ways and I swear, I never saw you coming." He asked me if I was awake now, to which I replied, you bet your ass I am. He told me to get the hell out of there and watch what I was doing, got back in his car and left.

A ticket dodged.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
We had just gotten ccw in texas and i was one of the first through and had just got my card. I was traveling back from a gunshow in austin in my truck with a norinco m1a clone sitting in the seat next to me. In texas its legal to carry rifles in a vehicle any way you want.

Some loon called in that i was pointing a rifle at people... so i get stopped by the texas highway patrol. Officer is nice and friendly i tell him im ccwing and my gun is in the center console.

He takes my sig p220 and hands it to his partner obviously a young guy and asks me to step out. So i did. I asked him why he stopped me and he said someone complained i was pointing a rifle at oeople while driving. He looked at the norinco and i said yeah... how is it possible to put that gun in any position other than straightup in the seat. He said yup musta been a moron.

While this was going on I noticed his partner trying to unload my firearm. He had it muzzle to chest with the magazine in trying to rack the slide. I told the officer i was talking to, sir i want you to notice im totally unarmed and being peaceful. I dont want to be charged with anything when your partner shoots himself. He turned around and about as fast as ive ever seen anyone move grabbed my sig and put it in the bed of my truck.

He told me to leave it there until they left. They went back to their car with the trooper yelling at his partner about pointing guns in safe directions lol.
That is funny because when they passed the CHL law in Texas, 98% of the Troopers were issued P-220's. If the rookie could not figure it out, how did he pass the Academy?

Too many cops are completely ignorant when it comes to guns. That is like a mechanic that cannot operate a ratchet.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I drive like a grandpa so I rarely get stopped, but I have stopped many that have good stories.

I stopped a lady (appeared to be in her early to mid 40's) for not wearing a seat belt. When asked about her lack of restraint use, she replied she had her bladder surgically removed and had a bag on her waist. She started to pull up her blouse, I told her to stop. It was the best excuse I had heard in months and "no" I did not want to see the bag. Sent her on her way.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's usually called obstructing traffic. Most cops don't care unless you really are obstructing, like if you have 15 cars lined up behind you and people laying on the horn.
15 cars or a truck with a troopermobile behind it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was taking back roads home from work about 11 pm one time, popped over a steep hill on a gravel road and on just the other side of that hill was a county sherriff parked in the middle of the road with absolutly no lights on. I was only runnin about 35 but goin down hill and on gravel there wasn't much I could do other than hit the brakes and hold on. By the time it was said and done my truck had knocked his truck pretty much in the back seat...with the K9! Because it was a county car involved in an accident they had to call a state patrol officer in to make the report. He looked through his lil hand book for probably 20 minutes trying to decide what to find a lesser charge than a C&I because he knew there was no way I could aviod it. I ended up gettin the C&I but the state cop talked to the prosecuter the next day and called me at home to tell me he got the ticked dropped for me and I didn't have to worry about goin to court. Of course my insurance still had to pay for it and I had to pay a $1000 deductable. Sounds to me like he just wrote the ticket so it wouldn't look like it was the cops fault. The county sherriff said he had a report that someone was out shootin and he was listening for gunshots. I think he was sittin there takin a nap haha. I got pulled over by the cop I hit about a year later and he remembered me...let me out of a DUI and told me to call a ride instead of taking me to jail.