Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Funny Traffic Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My traffic stops never were speed relevant but well deserved.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #12

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Can you ever a get a ticket for going to slow?
Funny story # 2. Coming home from the gun club one Sunday, telling my shooting buddy the Bacon Bits story, I look up into my rear view and see a Washington State trooper riding my tail, no sooner do I tell my friend, "look, now this jack ass is going to stop me" that he lights me up and after checking us out, gives me a warning for driving 5 under the speed limit...

Now, this WST looked like he was 17 years old and I nearly chewed a hole in my cheek to keep from asking if his Moma knew he was playing cops and robbers...

Honestly, it was the NFL Playoff day and about 2 in the afternoon so I think he was just looking for drunks.
Tack

Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Honestly, it was the NFL Playoff day and about 2 in the afternoon so I think he was just looking for drunks.
Tack
I'll bet that was it. I know I've been stopped for 'stupid reasons' because I'm out and about late at night due to my work schedule. I know they are checking to see if I'm drunk. Particularly if I happen to be out right around the times the bars are closing.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #14

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Many years ago when Mercury was making cars with big V8s I was crossing the Red Desert. The sun was just pushing up above the Yampa Valley. I decided to give the Big Merc its head going down a grade to the desert floor. The Big Merc engine was screaming and the speedometer was chasing the 130 mark. The valves started to fail and the engine was cutting out. Just as I passed thru the little desert town of Bear Oil I saw 2 Wyoming HP Units with their radar on me. I passed them like the wind. I started slowing the Merc it was shaking all over as it dropped from 3 digits down to zero. The Trooper walked up with a smile and said "How has your day been up to now'? He asked how fast did your speedometer read? He said I have never clocked a car in 20 years running that fast. I just wondered how close my radar gun was. I said about 125 when I saw him. Not bad he said, I got a solid at 119 MPH. The Trooper said I am busy here. Can I trust you to go to Rawlins and turn youself into the court. Yes sir I will.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #15

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

My grandma was taking a friends cat to the vet, but it didn't like car rides. It panicked and crawled on her head, digging in its claws. Naturally it made her swerve as she tried to keep the car on the road. When the statey pulled her over and walked up to the car, he looked puzzled and asked why she had a cat on her head. She told the story as it crawled off her head. He walked away without even asking for her license.

No2: same grandma was pulled over for whatever reason and she panicked as his head was inside her window. She accidently hit the up on the power window, knocking off his big hat into her lap. She rolled the window back down and said "i think this is yours". He was pissed but walked away without asking for her license.

I'm not recommending either of these to get out of a ticket.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Durango: Did you actually go turn yourself in?

Years ago, a friend of mine playing a senior prank got caught by the police hanging a banner at school one night. They put him in the back and drove to the station. When they got there, they popped the trunk and opened the back of the squad car, telling my buddy to "wait here while we go fill out the arrest paperwork" and walked inside. The funny part was my buddy said he waited by himself in the back of the open squad car for 15 minutes before he figured out they were letting him go.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #17

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Bacon bits....priceless!
Gotta remember that one.....

I got pulled one morning going to work in the snow. Here in NC a few inches of snow will shut down the cities. I was driving a full sized Chevy van and going around a couple of sharp turns the rear end started to slide around on me. Instead of freaking out I just let it slide and after getting thru the first turn it straightened out just fine. Going thru the second turn it does the same thing and as it straightens out again I see the city cop turn on the lights to pull me.

He jumps out of the car and asks me why I am all over the road. I replied that in a van with snow on the roads the rear end will slide sometimes and I was only going about 20MPH with no one else on the road. He told me if I couldn't keep from sliding around the turns to park the van, this set me off and I told him to get the D*** snow off the road and I would stop sliding in it. He asks for my license and registration and runs my tags so I figure I am getting a ticket. When he comes back he has changed his attitude completely, then I remembered that the van was registered in my FIL's name who was a LEO at the time for the city. The look on his face was priceless.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5273 Times on 2749 Posts
Likes Given: 333

We had just gotten ccw in texas and i was one of the first through and had just got my card. I was traveling back from a gunshow in austin in my truck with a norinco m1a clone sitting in the seat next to me. In texas its legal to carry rifles in a vehicle any way you want.

Some loon called in that i was pointing a rifle at people... so i get stopped by the texas highway patrol. Officer is nice and friendly i tell him im ccwing and my gun is in the center console.

He takes my sig p220 and hands it to his partner obviously a young guy and asks me to step out. So i did. I asked him why he stopped me and he said someone complained i was pointing a rifle at oeople while driving. He looked at the norinco and i said yeah... how is it possible to put that gun in any position other than straightup in the seat. He said yup musta been a moron.

While this was going on I noticed his partner trying to unload my firearm. He had it muzzle to chest with the magazine in trying to rack the slide. I told the officer i was talking to, sir i want you to notice im totally unarmed and being peaceful. I dont want to be charged with anything when your partner shoots himself. He turned around and about as fast as ive ever seen anyone move grabbed my sig and put it in the bed of my truck.

He told me to leave it there until they left. They went back to their car with the trooper yelling at his partner about pointing guns in safe directions lol.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I've hears of cup checks but that's ridiculous. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 673 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
We had just gotten ccw in texas and i was one of the first through and had just got my card. I was traveling back from a gunshow in austin in my truck with a norinco m1a clone sitting in the seat next to me. In texas its legal to carry rifles in a vehicle any way you want.

Some loon called in that i was pointing a rifle at people... so i get stopped by the texas highway patrol. Officer is nice and friendly i tell him im ccwing and my gun is in the center console.

He takes my sig p220 and hands it to his partner obviously a young guy and asks me to step out. So i did. I asked him why he stopped me and he said someone complained i was pointing a rifle at oeople while driving. He looked at the norinco and i said yeah... how is it possible to put that gun in any position other than straightup in the seat. He said yup musta been a moron.

While this was going on I noticed his partner trying to unload my firearm. He had it muzzle to chest with the magazine in trying to rack the slide. I told the officer i was talking to, sir i want you to notice im totally unarmed and being peaceful. I dont want to be charged with anything when your partner shoots himself. He turned around and about as fast as ive ever seen anyone move grabbed my sig and put it in the bed of my truck.

He told me to leave it there until they left. They went back to their car with the trooper yelling at his partner about pointing guns in safe directions lol.
You're really lucky he didn't shoot himself. If he had, the other guy may have shot you, then claimed that you shot the idiot.