Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Funny Traffic Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4557 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Default Funny Traffic Stop

Three years ago I received my first speeding ticket in over 20 years...

Traveling highway 30 in Oregon Heading to Astoria I was clocked going 72 in a 55.

The first thing that struck me funny was that the OSP officer was maybee 5'2" of compacted little man's syndrome...so he asks me sir, do you know how fast you were going? To which I replied honestly, "not exactly but I'm pretty sure I was north of 70".

He then says, "I noticed your Washington plates, are you aware that OR SR's are 55?" To which I again answer honestly " yep, just was not paying attention to my speed".

Now you'd think that a working guy, traveling for work, in a company rig, with a spotless driving record would be the type of citizen an LEO could just issue a warning too...right?

Nooo...He steps back up to my truck, "after taking 30 minutes to do god knows what", and hands me a ticket! So now I'm thinking, you little prick! But, hey, whatever, its $119.00 I'm SURE the State can spend more wisely that I can.

So I take a breath, ready to part ways when this guy decides to launch into his RED ASPHALT safety speech as though I'm some 16 year old driving a tricked out street racer rice burning POS.

Well this is about all I can take when "without much thought", I interrupted him by saying "HOLD ON THERE BACON BITS"..."did I mention he was really short"..."You get to give me EITHER the ticket OR the speech. You DON'T get to give me both!"

To which he replies with some confusion, "...but, I already wrote the ticket"

So I said, "then I guess were done here?" and hold out my hand for my license and registration.

The officer pauses for about 3 seconds, gets quite Red in the face while looking back and forth between me and my paperwork which is still in his hand and finally hands me back my stuff and says "drive safely" before stomping back to his cruiser...

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 06-07-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Bacon bits....priceless!

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Bacon bits....priceless!
I thought that was one of my better quips.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

People in Illinois go 75-80 in a "55" You're gonna get honked at and flipped off if you go 55 lol.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
People in Illinois go 75-80 in a "55" You're gonna get honked at and flipped off if you go 55 lol.
You do out here too. Washington Interstates at 70 and I think Oregons are 65 but the secondary highways are where they stick you.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #6

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Oh ya in Chicago the Lakeshore Drive's (41) speed limit is 40 but in average we drive at 60 and some people go up to 80. State police are usually the annoying ones and will pull you over for going 2MPH over the speed limit (and tell you to slow down, usually no ticket).

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

I had a funny traffic stop once, too. I was very young and had a car that needed a muffler. So, I get pulled over and the officer tells me he stopped me for a loud muffler and asks to see my license and to get out of the car. I had it over to him and I know I had a nervous look on my face as I was in the city of Chicago proper and I was nervous about dealing with the "Chicago Police". Well, he stares at my driver's license for a long time then he said to me, "Why did you lie on your driver's license?" Well, now I'm REALLY scared. I stutter and sputter and say, "I didn't lie on my driver's license. Why do you think I did?" Then he said, "You lied about your height. It says 4'11" on here and I'll bet your really shorter than that." Well, then I started to laugh. He let me go with a warning.

towboater Likes This 
Old 06-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Can you ever a get a ticket for going to slow?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #9

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Yep. You sure can.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Yep. I've seen highways with minimum speeds posted.

I don't need No stinking signature.