The FTF video activitist thread

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The FTF video activitist thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default The FTF video activitist thread

We've all seen plenty of the good, bad and the ugly on the youtubes concerning gun control, patriotism and everything in-between. I think we can do better. I think this group has what it takes to make an impression outside our little corner of the net and just maybe... make an impact in the propaganda war.

This thread is for real ideas for real videos to be put out there to make an impression. I'm tired of just watching videos. I'd a least like to be part of producing one. I don't know much about video editing though. So, we're going to need a few things. People with ideas (no shortage there) People willing to get video content and someone with editing experience. If we can only get the first two, I'll do my best to put it together.

My first idea is this: A video highlighting the hunting benefits of the AR-15 platform. More than enough has been commented on about the 223/5.56 calibers but we all know that's not the whole story. One of the most popular reasons for owning an AR is the versatility and that isn't being discussed. In fact, the platform has been basically discounted as a hunting rifle altogether. I'd like to expose some ignorance.

For example: There is an epidemic of wild boar in Florida and The AR chambered in .50 Beowulf is becoming a popular deterrent. In other parts of the country, hunters enjoy the high capacity magazines to better overcome the large numbers and fast reflexes of a booming coyote population. They too also use calibers outside the ones the media portrays.

This video would accomplish two things. First, confirming the AR-15 as a viable hunting platform, useful in many different calibers. Second, confirming that there is a need, beyond self defense, for high capacity magazines. Specifically, for the more agile critters that need shootin.

That's just one idea but I think the self defense angle has been covered...maybe too much...maybe not accurately enough. (think on that)

Like a million other million hit wonders, this can be cheap and dirty. We just need the relevant videos already taken to back up the argument. Then we throw a soundtrack on it and overlay some text to get the point across.

Lets get outside our box and join the fight.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Cattledog; 01-19-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #2

Liked 4521 Times on 2251 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

I want a video highlighting every stupid thing anti-gun politicians have said, with a quick cut to the truth.

I always wanted to show that one where the politician states that a pistol grip is for "firing from the hip"

Then showing someone with a stock Ruger 10/22, fire from behind the back, over the head, between the legs, from the hip, one handed...etc....

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #3

Oh and my personal favorite...

MASS SHOOTINGS WITH A.... Side by side comparisons, one with a revolver, and one with a single shot, or break barrel 12. ga. and one with a bolt action rifle.

This video would be time lapsed, on a range, with paper targets.

The premise of the video begins with. Unarmed people can only hide, cower, lie down, or run from a shooter until police arrive, as the shooter calmly stalks his unarmed victims... Will an assault weapons ban stop that?...

Then each "episode" will have the shooter walk the range, for the alloted time frame that a shooter had in each massacre. For example, Columbine lasted over an hour... so for one hour, you get to shoot paper targets with a bolt action rifle, then tally up how many targets you hit.

Each episode will have a massacre named, the police response time, and have it reenacted on a range, with a "so called okay firearm."

Old 01-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I can get video of someone shooting yotes w an AR I think if it would help in some way. Same w pigs.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #5

I don't like the killing animals angle...

One: go to youtube and look at hunting videos... the anti-hunting, European, anti-gun people join together and flip out over those videos...

Secondly: all it does is validate the "rifles are for hunting" crap they try.

NEVER say you hunt with an AR-15... you reply; "My AR-15 is to protect me from YOU."

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Any video will help marlin. PM me links and ill start a folder. Mosin. love the quick-cut smack down of gunbanner myths. Again, need some video source. The text overlay and music is the easy part. We just need some raw footage in whatever format, but .wmv would be helpful

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I don't like the killing animals angle...

One: go to youtube and look at hunting videos... the anti-hunting, European, anti-gun people join together and flip out over those videos...

Secondly: all it does is validate the "rifles are for hunting" crap they try.

NEVER say you hunt with an AR-15... you reply; "My AR-15 is to protect me from YOU."
I saw that coming. This is a propaganda war in our country. I don't care what the brits think. The point of a propaganda war is to turn the other side , not bolster your own. The AR platform is currently regarded as this overkill of a self defense weapon with no other use. It has other uses. If we can fight and win for the hunting causes, we can win for the self defense cause by default. Americans love hunting and even anti-gun groups appreciate that. That is a path we can exploit. We turn their own argument against them and say " yes, rifles are for hunting, the AR platform is a hunting rifle" "suck it"

k maybe not the last part . keep it civil

Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #8

I agree a bullet is a bullet, logistically they can cause different damage in a freakish manner.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven0 View Post
I agree a bullet is a bullet, logistically they can cause different damage in a freakish manner.
I have no idea what that means but I completely agree with you.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #10

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

They want to ban weapons with a collapsible stock. I bought a 10/22 with a tapco collapsible stock for my neices and nephews to shoot so it could be adjusted to fit the shooter. Shooting with a coat on is also another reason to have a collapsible stock. Honeestly it could be a safety issue in certain situations to not have one.

Magazine capacity. If you are facing multiple assailants and have only a 7 or 10rd magazine and you miss a couple of times or are wounded or are very nervous. A magazine change or the ability to not be able to do so could mean your life.

Its borderline criminal to take away ones right to have as much ammunition as a person thinks they need and handicap them with limited ammo in a self defense situation.