Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Friends of NRA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1825 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Default Friends of NRA

I am a FNRA committee member at Lake Havasu AZ. We raise money for shooting sports. 1/2 of the money goes to the NRA and 1/2 stays in th state. The money is distributed in the form of grants for ranges, youth shooting programs, Women on Target, etc. We hold a yearly banquet, auction and raffles to raise the money. We start the year with a ridiculous $500 in our checking account. Raffle items we buy locally have to be paid for and the banquet room requires a $500 deposit. Some items we get donated and most are sold to us at cost. Items we buy through the NRA we dont have to pay for immediately. We have to raise money fast and we do this with raffles. I just picked up a small electronic pistol safe out of my pocket to raffle off at an upcoming local gun show. 100 tickets @ $5 or 3/$10. we will also be raffling off a S&W Bodyguard 380, 300 tickets @ $5 or 3/$10.
I am not soliciting ticket purchases on the forum. I am looking for raffle item suggestions. What would you like to see on a raffle? If an item is $500 or under, we go with the $5 tickets $1000 we go with $10 or 3/$20. We do have a special Henry rifle on the way from the NRA that will go for $20 per ticket. Suggestions have been Ruger SR9c, Sig P238, Highpoint carbine, AR and a gun safe.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 12-13-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just bought this obsidian knife from Randy for the FNRA. It will either be raffled or auctioned. No suggestions? What would you be willing to buy raffle tickets for?

knife.jpg  

Patron Member NRA
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sell tickets at $10 each.

Sorry there were no responses, but you have to admit that a little Google could answer many of your questions.

AK's and SKS's can be had for less than $500
The new Ithica M37 Defense shotgun is priced $300 - $400
The Ruger LCP is on sale at Impact for $288.88 and only 1 pistol on this page Ruger Semiauto Handguns at Impact Guns Home is priced over $500

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Most folks like 1911's. Why not pick up a Springfield G.I. model?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1123 Posts
Likes Given: 747

Things that would get me to buy raffle tickets:

S&W M&P AR15-22
Springfield EMP 9mm (they must be moving, I can't find them in the stores)
Gun safe (12-gun or so, nothing too large)
Mid-range O/U shotgun
A top-break SA revolver
Kahr PM9
Beamshot laser/light combo
Browning Hi-Power 9mm
Any high quality 1911
Case pocket knives
Practically anything out of the AG Russel catalog
Marlin Model 60

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 12-13-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I can get prices, what I need are suggestions for items. How many like the idea of a Springfield. The NRA gun of the year is a Colt 1911 that will be auctioned off at the banquets. What would you buy a raffle ticket for. Scott; good suggestions. We did a Colt and Sig 22lr last year. We will have an S&W M&P15 22lr at the banquet and so will the other FNRA Committees. Find your local committees banquet date and attend. It is all for shooting sports. All the committees will have at least 1 gun for every 10 attendees at the banquet.

Patron Member NRA

Last edited by JTJ; 12-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Lever action .22s are always popular. A youth model such as a Chipmunk, or one of those Rossi .22/.410 combos. A Marlin Model 94 .357 would be cool.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:32 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not to crap on your posty, I just cannot understand why anyone buys tickets to a raffle. I belong to the AZCDL and I would rather donate money to their cause than buy a ticket that gives me a chance to win something that has had it's value raised to 3times what it would normally cost. I do understand that I'm in the minority on this.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yes, you are.

In the Minority!

Buying a raffle ticket is a donation to the organization, nothing more. Incidentially, it enters you in a chance to win something you probably wouldn't go out and buy.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We gladly accept contributions but they are hard to get especially in these times. People like to gamble so we do raffles. This is a fund raiser but we dont get outrageous. We usually try to double our money and limit ticket quantity. 2 years ago we raffled a matched pair of Ruger Vaquero's in 45 Colt. 300 ticket at $10 each and 3/$20. We netted a little over $1000. This year we have a special Henry with one of a kind serial number "London Bridge FNRA 2011". We dont know what our cost is yet but we will probably do the same.
We committee members donate our time and energy. We dont get any money or expeses and pay for our own banquet tickets. We donate some of the items we raffle or auction off. We do this because we love the shooting sports and every shooter is a vote against gun control. The local gun dealers help us out. One shop does all our transfers and storage at no cost. We can get guns and other items at cost from them. They donate some items too. One dealer donated a shotgun last year. Charter Arms donated a Pink Lady to us last year. NRA has most of the mfgs tied up and it is hard to get a mfg donation for a small committee.

Patron Member NRA