Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Forget about irresponsible, is this even legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #81
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I still don't understand this line of reasoning

there already is a law - http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?sh=printbill&bn=A09388&term=!!!
There is already a law. And there is already a published list of gun owners. Taking it off the internet will only limit access to those organized criminals who are savvy enough to have downloaded the data to their local machines.

We also have statements by the publishers that they intend to update the published list on a regular basis. That is expressing the intent to break the law again. Should be arrestable right there in addition to the original violation.

The problem is that the media has virtual immunity from arrest over anything they publish. Not any valid immunity, but practical immunity. No cop will arrest a reporter for reporting. They believe they'll lose the court battle, if it comes to that, as soon as the reporter and their paper or TV station plays the First Amendment card.

Too bad the Second Amendment card doesn't seem to count for as much.

P.S. If we're number 2, then I guess we just have to "try harder"!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 12-31-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #82

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I can assure everyone that there is no way an Attorney General or DA's info was on that illegal list.
not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
The problem is that the media has virtual immunity from arrest over anything they publish. Not any valid immunity, but practical immunity. No cop will arrest a reporter for reporting. They believe they'll lose the court battle, if it comes to that, as soon as the reporter and their paper or TV station plays the First Amendment card.
the media is going to lose this fight ... and this battle ... and this war! Once advertisers start pulling ad because customers start making their monetary voices heard they will break.

As Tack mentioned, gun owners cleaned out inventory nationwide in less than a week. Imagine what we can do if we refuse to do business with organizations that do business with media outfits such as the Gannet Company?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

earl1412 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #83

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

I talked to a cop about this not three days ago. I am a resident of Westchester county (unfortunately) and I can't believe someone would think it would be a good idea to publish residences of pistol permit holders and owners of handguns, ESPECIALLY being that we are so close to New York City and Yonkers..both having plenty of bad guys to come and have a map of where to go if they needed a nice new shiny gun....unbelievable

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
I talked to a cop about this not three days ago. I am a resident of Westchester county (unfortunately) and I can't believe someone would think it would be a good idea to publish residences of pistol permit holders and owners of handguns, ESPECIALLY being that we are so close to New York City and Yonkers..both having plenty of bad guys to come and have a map of where to go if they needed a nice new shiny gun....unbelievable
get ready for an upswing in burglaries and home invasions

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #85
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
get ready for an upswing in burglaries and home invasions
And an upswing in home defense situations that will probably go unreported by the media.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #86

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Is this about as hypocritical as it comes? The 'Journal' hired armed security over this.
http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01/01/the-journal-news-is-armed-and-dangerous/

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #87

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Hey guys...welcome to the bull$&@% that I have been living in for the past 9 years!!!

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #88

Liked 632 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I still don't see how this is being allowed to happen. These dirt bags are breaking the LAW! Why won't anyone prosecute??? Any one of us would already be at Rikers, this is out of control. If all those gun owners get mad enough the state is f'd. Now the newspaper people have armed guards. WTF, they don't like guns, so tell me why they have now hired guns??? This is just unbelievable in every way. I guess that DA list is going to drop soon.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #89
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1617 Times on 845 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Is this about as hypocritical as it comes? The 'Journal' hired armed security over this.
http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01/01/the-journal-news-is-armed-and-dangerous/
From the article:

>It is not clear whether the negative reaction has threatened the Journal News’ true popularity as a news source. As an anecdotal piece of evidence, the Rockland County Times confirms receiving an influx of new subscribers who stated they cancelled their subscription to the Journal News due to the gun story.<
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Quote:
A Clarkstown police report issued on December 28, 2012, confirmed that The Journal News has hired armed security guards from New City-based RGA Investigations and that they are manning the newspaper’s Rockland County headquarters at 1 Crosfield Ave., West Nyack, through at least tomorrow, Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

Here you go folks - http://rgainvestigations.com/ Make your voices heard and let them know of your displeasure for them assisting the Journal News in their attack on law abiding citizens!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas