Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Forget about irresponsible, is this even legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3687 Times on 1820 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
The average beat cop doesn't even know about this. Are you in it to force the hand that's responsible? or just the confrontational aspect and cause as much collateral damage as possible. I'm all for going after those directly responsible.
I'm in this because my principle mandate it. I have a brother living in upstate NY, he is a law abiding gun owner, and his family has been put at risk.

NY Police are doing nothing to adress this...so...rank and file...fat cat bosses...makes no difference to me...there inaction is endangering mine which means I have no problem seeing them land in the same boat.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 12-28-2012 at 04:03 AM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #72

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Tack what is the latest with this? Were we forced to release the NY LEO list?

Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #73
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Well the maps are still up I can tell you that.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Tack what is the latest with this? Were we forced to release the NY LEO list?
Here you go...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/10/exclusive-nys-police-release-names-addresses-of-law-enforcement-officials-on-web/

Boo Frickity Hoo Officer Friendy...hey, do you like apples? Well, how do you like dem apples!

Tack
Old 12-29-2012, 02:47 AM   #75

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Here you go...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/10/exclusive-nys-police-release-names-addresses-of-law-enforcement-officials-on-web/

Boo Frickity Hoo Officer Friendy...hey, do you like apples? Well, how do you like dem apples!

Tack
I still don't understand this line of reasoning

Quote:
Lawyer Kenneth Mollins represents a number of former law enforcement officials who are trying to get Gov. Andrew Cuomo to support a law blocking the state police from making pistol permit information public.
there already is a law - http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?sh=printbill&bn=A09388&term=!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 12-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I still don't understand this line of reasoning

there already is a law - http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?sh=printbill&bn=A09388&term=!!!
Dog...a similar even was attempted in Oregon 3 years ago. As a Non Resident CCW holder I would have been at risk...BUT...in Oregon these records are maintained by the County Sherrif's Offices. The Multnomah County Sheriff contacted me via letter, informed me of the request and provided a form letter allowing me to check any one of 6 reason I felt that release of this info would harm me. Signing and returning the letter ensured my information was not compromissed.

This LEO showed leadership, intelligence, and genuine care for the safety of permit holders he had issued permits two...and I would folow him through the gates of hell for the common sense he displayed.

On the contrary...NY LEO's broke the law by releasing the same information on pistol permit holders...then said absolutely nothing for over a week despite the fact that the release and publishing of this info was criminal.

Then...all the sudden...hackers who share my belief that "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" jumped in with both feet to ensure that IF NY Law Enforcement could not/would not protect law abiding gun owners...then NY Law Enforcement would JOIN law abiding gun owners by sharing the exposure.

I support this because the only organization on earth capable of slapping the "bosses" is the LEO Unions and NOW that rank and file cops have been exposed, you cab bet we will finally see action in NY.

Now that the rest of the National has seen first hand that any attempt to expose law abiding gun owners will result in the exposure of there own LEO's...They will ALL be scrambling to ensure that there citizens gun owner status is NOT subject to the freedom of information act...

I'm sorry fellas...I know I'm often thinking 10 steps ahead of some of you.

Given ^^THIS^^ explanation, I hope you can all see that my intent is to protect ALL OF US and if takes exposing cops who failed to protect info and chose to do nothing about it...so be it.

Hardball Time Gentlemen...Can't make that omelet without cracking a few eggs.

Tack
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #77

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

that's what I've been getting at all week ... the law was clearly broken ... at the very least by the NY State Police. Possibly even by the reporter with regards to how he represented himself and the intent on his freedom of information request

So why ins't the NY State Attorney General ALL OVER THIS!!! Why aren't the District Attorney's for Rockland, Westchester and Putnam counties ALL OVER THIS!!! Why isn't the Department of Justice ALL OVER THIS!!!

Like you've stated, welcome to the big leagues Officers ... if the ordinary citizen firearms owner has to accept the risk of being outed, so can they!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #78
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
that's what I've been getting at all week ... the law was clearly broken ... at the very least by the NY State Police. Possibly even by the reporter with regards to how he represented himself and the intent on his freedom of information request

So why ins't the NY State Attorney General ALL OVER THIS!!! Why aren't the District Attorney's for Rockland, Westchester and Putnam counties ALL OVER THIS!!! Why isn't the Department of Justice ALL OVER THIS!!!

Like you've stated, welcome to the big leagues Officers ... if the ordinary citizen firearms owner has to accept the risk of being outed, so can they!!!
Possibly because they are permit holders themselves and don't want their names in the news AGAIN!

I know this would have come to the fore eventually, but I am SO glad I took note of this action and shared it with the FTF...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #79

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I can assure everyone that there is no way an Attorney General or DA's info was on that illegal list. Those types of people are a protected class. They deserve privacy and safety, we don't. I say turn the hackers loose on the DA's and Attorney General's personal info. I say keep making more and more info on these people public until something is done. No human behavior can be changed without consequences. Just look at a misbehaving child to see this in high def.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #80

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/