Forget about irresponsible, is this even legal? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Forget about irresponsible, is this even legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1737 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
. . . Can we compile a list or google map of all the so called GFZ's that should be realistically advertised as "unsafe"?" . .
And how are you going to feel should someone actually use the map you suggested to kill people?
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #52

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
And how are you going to feel should someone actually use the map you suggested to kill people?
GFZ's are openly posted so I see no responsibility in creating a map for armed citizens purpose of avoiding them should they choose.

Could the next mass killer use the info? Sure...he could also just target the closest school...or tale a stroll through town looking for gun buster stickers.

Tack

Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #53

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
GFZ's are openly posted so I see no responsibility in creating a map for armed citizens purpose of avoiding them should they choose.

Could the next mass killer use the info? Sure...he could also just target the closest school...or tale a stroll through town looking for gun buster stickers.

Tack
Or go to someone's house on the other list to steal the firearms he needs for it...

Full disclosure, public information, responsible in the community, promoting "enlightend civic discourse" as Huffington Post said printing gun-owners addresses is... As The Left says: it's all good!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #54

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
agreed...!...no need to stoop to their level. What is the motive (I wonder) by publishing gun owners addresses. Does the publication wish harm to them? Do they think it's humiliation, like posting the identity of prostitution customers? Do they think owning a gun is the same as notifying communities of convicted sex offenders who live in a neighborhood?

Do they know by doing this it may increase gun violence through theft?

This is more than outrage. I do no harm to others and I wish no harm on others either...I can't can't grasp the mindset here.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I see it as a nice map for criminals. Don't rob that house, hit the next one. Lmfao.

I don't need No stinking signature.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #56

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I really want to see that LEO list go public, I mean they have guns. Why shouldn't they be on a list for all to see. I respect LEOs, but this is really out of line and has gone too far. Everyone with power and authority that let this happen should pay. No punishment for the offenders, I say the police/DA of NY are derelict and are just as guilty.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #57

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Let me think about that for a minute or two....

in the meantime can maybe you can ask the Google Maps Dept. the same thing since the information, such as public school locations and Starbucks Coffee shops are all ready publicly available on their site, and more often than not, all ready explicitly labeled on the maps as well.

I wonder how many employees at Bushmaster, Inc. have stayed home since 12/14/12.

We are on this forum talking about how guns and gun manufacturer's shouldn't be blamed when someone uses them to kill and you're asking me how I'm going to feel when someone uses an inanimate map I suggested we compile to do the same thing. yeah, I'm confused. Hopefully after therapy I won't still feel like an enabler.

btw, no offense taken or intended.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 12-27-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: a peaceful argument
Vincine Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #58

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I don't see why the LEO's should be dragged into this. The whole thing is an abomination..it should all be directed at the publication.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #59

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I really want to see that LEO list go public, I mean they have guns. Why shouldn't they be on a list for all to see. I respect LEOs, but this is really out of line and has gone too far. Everyone with power and authority that let this happen should pay. No punishment for the offenders, I say the police/DA of NY are derelict and are just as guilty.
Bingo...I endorse this as an extention of my "Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander Policy".

I too respect LEO's but I also believe that if they think there status as hired guns makes them special...well...we'll just have to see about that.

If NY law enforcement really can't find a charge for people disclosing gun owners information with obvious malicious intent then I challenge there hypocrisy by finding a charge after we put there skin in the game.

Suck it up Cupcakes...Gonna be a bumpy ride!

Tack

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1737 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
Let me think about that for a minute or two....etc.
It's all I ask.

I agree that a good defense is a strong offense, but I wouldn't want to be remotely responsible for the loss of innocents’ lives just to make a point. I’m more than willing to let those with metal health issues find their victims without any help from me.