FOID CARD - 57 day wait? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FOID CARD - 57 day wait?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I left Illinois over 20 yrs ago.Move to Indiana where people have FREEDOM!!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #22

Angry Illinois 57 day wait

not a57 day wait try 67 days finally got my foid card today,wife got hers 3 day ago. now I had to call the state police the said that they were working on it last friday after three attempts to get ahold of them and waiting over 3.5 hours total on hold. the issue date is may first that means my 10 year card in reality is a 9 year 10 month card not a ten year thats just wrong!!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #23

Default Crook County

I live in Cook County and the same thing happened to me with the FOID but i got it in like 4 weeks so it was pretty standard. Just to make people mad I use it as a form of ID and some places actually don't except it even though it was issued by the state and has a photo. Then i threaten to sue cuz its illegal and they take it finally and walk away angry.
I also found out that an AK47 is illegal in cook county but AR15 in the same calibers are just fine. go figure...i hate this state and cook county but it is where my family is so i have to stick it out and wait for a change.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #24

I had the same problem in illinois. I mailed my application off on may 14th, and didn't receive my FOID card in the mail til around july 20th or so. I didn't bother calling to check in on it, cuz you're just gonna be on hold forever trying to check on it with the state police. I read in other places people were having similar wait times, so it didn't suprise me at all.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Move to Texas, We'll treat you right

Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 3103

Quote:
The whole point of the FOID is to make the purchase of a firearms such a burden that people opt out rather than go through it.
+1
The political machine in Chicago does not want IL citizens to own guns.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
+1
The political machine in Chicago does not want IL citizens to own guns.

It's terrible. Cuz on top of having a food card, we have to take a 5 HR class, then take that certificate to the police and pay another $100 to get a Chicago firearms permit from the police. And thats not including the cost for the class.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default Shouldn't NEED a FOID to exercise a RIGHT

If there aren't enough people of voting age (who're registered to vote and actually vote) to pressure your state representatives to repeal these restrictive gun laws then as others have done, let your money do your talking and move to a freer state. No U.S. citizen should be required to ask permission of a state or local bureaucrat or law enforcement officer to exercise a God given Right.

I was born and raised in Alabama and have family here and don't like some of the laws concerning where and how a person may or may not carry a gun, but have never had to ask any government official for the ability to purchase or possess one. The day any such legislation was ever passed (after a firestorm of opposition I assure you) would be the day I began making plans to relocate myself and immediate family to a freer state, if I wasn't able to move immediately.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #29

I'm so mad.....

I went to shoot last night. I was ready to buy a gun right there and then, and then, I get hit with that I need to get a CFP (chicago firearms permit) in order to get a handgun.

this means, now I gotta pay to take a 5 hour class 2 weeks from now, then after that, I gotta pay the city another $100 just to get a firearms permit. then once I get that, I get the privilege of purchasing a handgun. of course, after I get the handgun, I gotta get it registered within 5 days.

the city of chicago really makes it as prohibitive as possible. but I'm not giving up. I will have my handgun legally.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #30

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXASUXV View Post
To make a long story short I sent my FOID card application in, what seems to be, quite some time ago. I've been doing a large amount of research with regards to which firearm I want to purchase. So naturally, I would like to fire some of these guns to get a better feel for them, thus, making a more educated decision as to which is the best option for me.

Problem is... I can't even touch a gun (legally, yet, respectfully) until I get my FOID card. I went into a gun shop and they won't even let you look at the gun unless you present your FOID card.

According to IL Law, legally, a FOID card has to be presented within 30 days (unless disqualified) of receiving the application. I called to get a status on the FOID card and they claim to have a waiting period of 57 days from the day your check was cashed. It took them two weeks just to cash the check to cover the cost for the background check (from the day that I mailed the check). Now I know snail mail is slow... but it doesn't take more than 2 days for mail to get from my hometown to Springfield.

Is there anything I can do?
I lived in the gooch of Illinois for 38 years, Cahokia, IL. A thought came to me one day about all the problems and financial rape I was experiencing in Illinois. I moved to a "shall issue" state.