Florida Stand Your Ground Trial - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida Stand Your Ground Trial

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21290 Times on 12078 Posts
Likes Given: 53062

i myself am not aware of all the facts, and only believe maybe half of what the media is reporting about the incedent, but i will say this, if he is guilty then he should be punished as he would be deserving of the punishment, but if he's innocent, then yes, he should be acquitted of all charges. i just hope that the prosecutor didn't bow under to media hype and charge him with a crime and hope everything comes out fine in the end just to appease those up in arms over him shooting the boy.

just curious as to what Nancy Grace has to say about the trial? knowing that liberal, she would already have the noose around his neck! i really can't stand her and her holier than thou attitude.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

The "SYG" issue isn't in play in this case ! OTOH, "self-defense" in an in extremise situation may apply ! >MW

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #13

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

When zimmerman was ''let go'' with his firearm,the night when this all took place,I knew then he was in the right...as for the media/NCAAP trying to change the way the public looks at this (story)....facts first,fiction later.p.s. anyone seen the pictures of the back of zimmerman's head before his medical treatment? & the judge set his bond @ 150,000 not the 1,000,000+ all the libs was hoping for

Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Zimmerman is innocent. The NBPP Should be arrested for putting a hit out on him.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #15

the thing that bothers me, is that they weren't compelled to arrest him after the incedent, have waited until now, why! is the prosecutor trying to allow a jury to decide that he's innocent and they know he is and putting the burden on them because of racial tension? or media pressure?

maybe i'm old-fashioned, but shouldn't a case be decided on based on the facts? i mean, Zimmerman shot Martin. well it's either he was in the right or he was wrong, period. if it was a rightious shooting, drop it, if not then he should be punished for the crime, period. bringing all the race cards into play just seems rather stupid and counterproductive. then all that does is stir up emotions to illicit violence, so that people can justify that the case is based on a white man shooting a black boy. i work with several black men who think that playing the race card is a copout and a sham. one of them even went as far as to say when these types of situations occur, makes him sad that he is black. the other said that any case should be based on facts, not color.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
the thing that bothers me, is that they weren't compelled to arrest him after the incedent, have waited until now, why! is the prosecutor trying to allow a jury to decide that he's innocent and they know he is and putting the burden on them because of racial tension? or media pressure?

maybe i'm old-fashioned, but shouldn't a case be decided on based on the facts? i mean, Zimmerman shot Martin. well it's either he was in the right or he was wrong, period. if it was a rightious shooting, drop it, if not then he should be punished for the crime, period. bringing all the race cards into play just seems rather stupid and counterproductive. then all that does is stir up emotions to illicit violence, so that people can justify that the case is based on a white man shooting a black boy. i work with several black men who think that playing the race card is a copout and a sham. one of them even went as far as to say when these types of situations occur, makes him sad that he is black. the other said that any case should be based on facts, not color.
One of the biggest things that irk me is people refer to Martin as a "boy". He was 17, and taller than Zimmerman. The media only showed his photo from when he was young, around 12 or so, and so everyone got up tight because it showed a picture of Zimmerman, in his prison oranges, right next to a 12 year old boy and it said he shot him. It doesn't show the 17 year old Martin.

When he was released at the scene, that told me what I needed to know. He was busted up, and if you get knocked out, what says the guy isn't going to kick you in the head a few times and turn you into a vegetable? Some people say you can't bring a gun to a fist fight, but if the other guy starts it and is beating you to the point you fear for your life.... Shoot him. I have seen plenty of people killed by beat-downs where they kicked him/her to death..... Or worse, right in to vegetable status. This kid was beating the **** out of him, he was fearing for his life, and regardless of if he should have stopped the kid to talk to him or not, he was in fear for his life. Unless irrefutable proof comes out that his story about Martin snapping and hitting him without provocation and Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense while fearing for his life, I don't see a way for him to be found guilty (barring media and racial interference that would prevent him from getting a fair trial).

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Zimmerman's arrest is purely political. I believe he should not have followed that 17 y/o man (he was not a boy!), but I also believe Zimmerman had every right to defend himself when attacked. His not being arrested that night speaks loudly. Sharpton and Jackson don't give a damn about Trayvon they live for the attention. This was publicized solely because of the racial issue.

If Zimmerman had not been armed, he would have been killed or severely injured, and we would never had heard of the incident.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnole2u
Zimmerman's arrest is purely political. I believe he should not have followed that 17 y/o man (he was not a boy!), but I also believe Zimmerman had every right to defend himself when attacked. His not being arrested that night speaks loudly. Sharpton and Jackson don't give a damn about Trayvon they live for the attention. This was publicized solely because of the racial issue.

If Zimmerman had not been armed, he would have been killed or severely injured, and we would never had heard of the incident.
And even if we had, to raise up a flag and ask what the hell happened would have been racism in action, since we are questioning a black man after he beat a white man. Double standards FTW!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Finally someone is calling out Sharpton and jackson..
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/21/2761111/controversial-pastor-weighs-in.html

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #20

even if Zimmerman is guilty of shooting Martin, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson could care less. they are nothing more than media circus hounds who are there simply to stir emotions and fan flames of racial descontent for their own agendas. this isn't the first time they have done it, nor will it be the last. the case needs to be decided on the truth and the facts and nothing else. the media puts the slant on it as if those who carry guns are nothing more than vigilantes and those making a race issue are in for the media spotlight. i say this, let the truth come out and base the outcome on the facts. maybe Zimmerman should have waited for the LEO to show up and let them handled the situation. maybe Martin felt like he was being profiled and attempted to defend himself. there seems to be a lot of speculation on many peoples part as to what really happened.

Closed Thread