Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Florida Stand Your Ground Trial (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/florida-stand-your-ground-trial-62936/)

JoshH 04-20-2012 05:54 PM

Florida Stand Your Ground Trial

I have been watching the bond hearing for George Zimmerman on court tv. Its amazing how these commentators are ready to hang this guy before the trial starts. Of course when the defense attorney they have on as a guest says he thinks the case may be thrown out before it ever goes to trial the other members of the panel about s@#%t their pants! He was not given another chance to speak after that. What happened to the burden of proof and right to a fair trial in this country? It's pretty obvious the only reason he was charged was to avoid the "blacklash" brewing. I just wonder if we will see riots when he is acquitted.

PlaysWithZombies 04-20-2012 06:03 PM

Unfortunately when it comes to non-black on black crime, innocent until proven guilty simply doesn't exist.

I think everyone here agrees that zimmerman should go free, i just hope the people deciding his fate open their eyes and do the right thing.

widowmaker 04-20-2012 06:19 PM

On the news last night they actually showed pics of the back of Zimmerman's head moments after the shooting. It was very bloody.
It seems to me the prosecutor had him arrested after bowing to political and social pressure. It had nothing to do with right or wrong.
I lived through the LA riots after the Rodney King debacle and I have a feeling Florida is going to find out what it was like. Not to mention places like Chicago, LA and a few other cities around the country.

Overkill0084 04-20-2012 06:29 PM

Tell me again what "Stand Your Ground" has to do with this incident, media hype aside?
What little clear info I've gleaned from all of the noise is that Zimmerman was on the wrong end of a beat down and put a stop to it. SYG is not a player in this.

Check this out:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/20/Dershowitz-prosecution-immoral

Quote:

"I've had cases in Florida against prosecutors,” Dershowitz said, “and this is not the first time they have willfully omitted exculpatory evidence. It's a continuing problem. Here, it’s not only immoral, but stupid. The whole country is watching. What do they benefit from having half-truths in an affidavit?"
More to follow...

JoshH 04-20-2012 06:35 PM

Part of the reason I chose to move to Utah from Minneapolis is because I was sick of dealing with the blind eye approach to dealing with crime and racism in the city. I have members of my family who are half black and my wife is half Spanish so my kids have Hispanic blood but the whole white guilt thing is getting old! When will the people claiming to be discriminated against stop the hypocrisy and quit the racist actions against white people? Funny the people who claim to be against racism like Sharpton and Jackson are the biggest hate mongers out there! SMH at what we have become:(

canebrake 04-20-2012 06:38 PM

This is one jury-duty I'd love to serve on!

It's coming folks, maybe not this time but soon! I'm very interested in this course of justice outcome for more reasons than being a resident down here.

I know for a fact that the Florida locals will not put up with an LA, loony left, Rodney King riot. I think it will go quite differently.

And inquiring minds are asking, "Why are gun and ammo sales through the roof?" Do you guys really believe the TV talking head's answer that we're worried about a second term and the return of gun controls? NOT! It has to do with self-protection.

Self-Preservation is a "Natural Law". What is "Natural Law"? It's something that's unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

JoshH 04-20-2012 06:40 PM

Not to mention groups like the NBP (new black panthers) are allowed to openly put a death bounty on this guys head and no one says s@%t about it! If some Neo-Nazi group or the KKK did this it would not take long for the wrath of god to come down on them. Where's Obummer with his speech against these clowns?

therewolf 04-20-2012 07:03 PM

Violent crime on the whole, in Florida is dropping like a rock, compared

to the rest of the nation. We are allowed to defend ourselves.

Criminals are afraid to break the law here, because they know

their death will be final, and they will not be missed. Literally or

figuratively speaking.

Violent crime in Chicago, Il., and Camden, N.J., where gun laws are the

strictest, is on the rise. You don't like crime-free Florida? Move to

Camden or Chicago...

Then, when your wife gets raped, or your daughter gets shot,

you can call the police. They'll be along to take your account of the

incident later in the day.

dog2000tj 04-20-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 776970)
Tell me again what "Stand Your Ground" has to do with this incident, media hype aside? What little clear info I've gleaned from all of the noise is that Zimmerman was on the wrong end of a beat down and put a stop to it. SYG is not a player in this.

I've been of this same opinion since I first heard about this. Something about this story smelled from the second it got aired - guy shoots kid and the police let him go? weeks go by and he is not charged with a crime? So what do the police and prosecutor know that the media is NOT reporting? Again - Zimmerman is a nobody, knows nobody, is connected to nobody ... and he get a pass for shooting a teenager ... why? :confused:

This is Bernie Goetz all over and Sharpton is adding fuel to a fire that the black community has no idea how to control. If there are riots if/when Zimmerman gets acquitted the outcome will be one that blacks regret for a long time :(

rjd3282 04-20-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshH (Post 776952)
I have been watching the bond hearing for George Zimmerman on court tv. Its amazing how these commentators are ready to hang this guy before the trial starts. Of course when the defense attorney they have on as a guest says he thinks the case may be thrown out before it ever goes to trial the other members of the panel about s@#%t their pants! He was not given another chance to speak after that. What happened to the burden of proof and right to a fair trial in this country? It's pretty obvious the only reason he was charged was to avoid the "blacklash" brewing. I just wonder if we will see riots when he is acquitted.

You're kidding right? Hell half the people on this forum were ready to hang the guy without a trial. :(