Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #21

"Come gather 'round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a changin'"
Bob Dylan

CT

Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Do these people not understand that this demon that killed all those children and teachers could have killed just as many if not more with a knife. Gunshots can be heard and invoke a response. Knives can kill quietly.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #23

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
I totally agree with your point, but in Florida he went up against a Republican in 2012 who promised to cut entitlement programs eg. Social Security / Medicare /etc. It's hard to beat Santa bringing the goodies.

BTW: Thank you all for posting and motivating me to contact Mr Nelson as well, I will mirror many of your thoughts.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT entitlements! People have been paying into those systems for decades ... it is only reasonable for them to expect something in return

But the programs do need reform ... but just as important as that is the Gov't needs to completely reign in it's spending habits! Billions of $$'s for pet projects that have NOTHING to do with Hurricane Sandy are the problem! and that behavior is rampant in the Gov't ... it needs to stop!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #24

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Social Security and Medicare are NOT entitlements! People have been paying into those systems for decades ... it is only reasonable for them to expect something in return

But the programs do need reform ... but just as important as that is the Gov't needs to completely reign in it's spending habits! Billions of $$'s for pet projects that have NOTHING to do with Hurricane Sandy are the problem! and that behavior is rampant in the Gov't ... it needs to stop!
I made a typo while responding on my phone and I'll apologize for that, i meant; entitlements programs in addition to federal programs eg. Medicare / Medicaid, happy now? I don't know what happened with this discussion, I have just tried to highlight that Nelson is not only anti-gun, but very liberal and has become more so through the years. He is not a friend to 2a advocates as the OP has already shown, everything else is just to give those of us who live here an idea of what he stands for by voting record alone if they were unaware of it.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 01-19-2013 at 09:03 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #25

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I like your style.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #26

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
I made a typo while responding on my phone and I'll apologize for that, i meant; entitlements programs in addition to federal programs eg. Medicare / Medicaid, happy now? I don't know what happened with this discussion, I have just tried to highlight that Nelson is not only anti-gun, but very liberal and has become more so through the years. He is not a friend to 2a advocates as the OP has already shown, everything else is just to give those of us who live here an idea of what he stands for by voting record alone if they were unaware of it.
no need for apologies I understand the point you were trying to make. What I tried to explain was that no matter how entrenched a politician is, they can always be removed. No way could the data that 2/3'rds of his constituents not be aligned with his own positions and he still get re-elected.

get someone to run against him ... and plaster all the dirt and mud that can be plastered about Nelson everywhere, 24/7

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
thats what russ feingold thought when he went against the wishes of the people of wisconsin. he is no longer a us senator. lost in a land slide
And if Mark Pocan keeps avoiding his constituents like me, it'll be another boot in the a$$ to a cog weanie.