Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
The times are changing. To vote against your own poll results displays your true beliefs that the people you work for and represent need to be enslaved.
all any would be challenger needs to do is run 1 ad over and over and over again showing the hypocrisy of Nelson's position with regard to his own poll ..... 24/7/365 ... and he would lose in a landslide!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #12

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

all any would be challenger needs to do is run 1 ad over and over and over again showing the hypocrisy of Nelson's position with regard to his own poll ..... 24/7/365 ... and he would lose in a landslide!
He already did the same thing concerning ObamaCare, the majority of Floridians (and an overwhelming 2/3 majority of those over 65) polled were against ObamaCare, and said no; Nelson said "yes". Votes: Obama's economic stimulus plan: Yes / Increase US debt ceiling: Yes / End the Bush era tax cuts on the evil rich: Yes / Soon to be Obama Gun Control Act: of course!

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 01-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #13

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
He already did the same thing concerning ObamaCare, the majority of Floridians (and an overwhelming 2/3 majority of those over 65) polled were against ObamaCare, and said no; Nelson said "yes". Votes: Obama's economic stimulus plan: Yes / Increase US debt ceiling: Yes / End the Bush era tax cuts on the evil rich: Yes / Soon to be Obama Gun Control Act: of course!
than clearly the polling is not targeted at his constituents ... the math doesn't work If he is winning re-election handidly than it cannot be that 2/3'rds of his constituents disagree with him negativity wins elections ... it has been proven over and over and over again the more negative the campaign the more the people are apt to remember it ... we all remember what happened last month at Sandy Hook ... but how many remember that only 1 week later we had the winter solstice

look at our last Presidential election ... Romney went at Obama with mittens on and Obama slandered Romney with completely baseless attacks. The results ... an Electoral College shellacking! Even if Romney took CA, NY, FL, PA and OH he STILL would have lost!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #14

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

I saw his reply op. And so I emailed him this.

" Hello Sen. Nelson

Let me begin by saying if I have already contacted you I apologize for doing so again. I've been writing a lot of letters lately because our government is seeking to suppress law abiding americans rights.

I was made aware from a message board of which on of it's members contacted you regarding gun control and this was your response.

"
Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson
"

I am sorry to hear you support suppressing my rights to defend myself. I saw on a mainstream media outlet the official story is now no assault rifle was even used in newtown rather 4 handguns.

Over 800 children die per year from equally as tragic and equally preventable pool drownings because they were unsupervised. Do we ban pools? Perhaps water?

Regardless , I am really disappointed to hear of the positions you take. 10rd magazine limit means if I am attacked by more than one perpetrator then I better be awfully lucky with the restrictions you support. But then again I don't think many in government these days much care about the well being of their constituents.

I imagine since you are a hunter you are familiar with firearms which is probably what surprises me the most when you say you support the restrictions. A civilian AR-15 has the EXACT same action as a ruger 10/22 .22LR . And well I think the countless speed reloading videos available on youtube speak to how fast a weapon can be reloaded.

I will close with this. Drug regulation , alchohol prohibition as well as others doesn't work . Why you ask? Because human nature cannot be regulated.

You just lost another voter.

Have a good day sir

Sincerely

"

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #15

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

than clearly the polling is not targeted at his constituents ... the math doesn't work If he is winning re-election handidly than it cannot be that 2/3'rds of his constituents disagree with him negativity wins elections ... it has been proven over and over and over again the more negative the campaign the more the people are apt to remember it ... we all remember what happened last month at Sandy Hook ... but how many remember that only 1 week later we had the winter solstice

look at our last Presidential election ... Romney went at Obama with mittens on and Obama slandered Romney with completely baseless attacks. The results ... an Electoral College shellacking! Even if Romney took CA, NY, FL, PA and OH he STILL would have lost!
I totally agree with your point, but in Florida he went up against a Republican in 2012 who promised to cut entitlement programs eg. Social Security / Medicare /etc. It's hard to beat Santa bringing the goodies.

BTW: Thank you all for posting and motivating me to contact Mr Nelson as well, I will mirror many of your thoughts.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #16

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

He has fed off the Florida taxpayers since 1972 as Fl. Representative, a U.S. representative, Fl. Treasury Secretary, ran for governor and is now a three term senator. Time for him to return to the farm IMO

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #17
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

The problem (in my opinion) is that he has always been the lesser of two evils.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8866 Times on 3840 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Always thought it was Tony Nelson who was the astronaut......

i_dream_of_jeannie_image__6_.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Dear Mr/ Mrs/ Other- Thank you Blah, blah, blah,blah blah, Blah Blah Blah BLAH! Thank you again. Senator Snort...

Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #20

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

I got a response from my senator.

Dear, XXXXXX,

Thank you for your reply, but we could not read your letter, because the pages were stuck together, and it smelled like balls.

Thank you,
Commie senator.

I guess I need to work on my letter writing skills...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This