Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail

Here is Nelsons reply to my e-mail to him

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

And my reply back to him after receiving it

Dear Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for response. While I agree that the tragedy in Newtown was horrendous I do not think a ban would resolve the issues leading up to and including this tragedy. Therefore I regret to inform you that I will NOT be voting for you in your next re-election bid as I have done in the past. It is clear to me that you are not in step with what the Second Amendment was intended to be. I will work tirelessly to do whatever I can to make sure you are not re-elected for another term when the time comes. You are not a friend of the Constitution therefore not a friend to me.

Sincerely

I suggest we all in Florida to the same now that we know his position.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Interesting. Now I know what my answer would have been if I had written him. I wrote Mario Cuomo but have not heard back.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Alla youse gize from Florida gotta keep da heat on dis turkee.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2638 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 1170

I wonder what he thought of the opinion poll he had on his web site where over 90% were againt reinstating the gun ban that elapsed in 2004?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Man, that's just sad. Great letters however. I'd def be voting for someone else.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #6

Bill Nelson is an icon in Florida (also a former astronaut). I don't think he can ever be defeated in Florida no matter what he does or does not do.
CT

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2638 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Bill Nelson is an icon in Florida (also a former astronaut). I don't think he can ever be defeated in Florida no matter what he does or does not do.
CT
The times are changing. To vote against your own poll results displays your true beliefs that the people you work for and represent need to be enslaved.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #8

Default times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
The times are changing. To vote against your own poll results displays your true beliefs that the people you work for and represent need to be enslaved.

I remember that song; Bob Dylan, I believe.
CT

Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #9

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
CT
While Nelson is technically an astronaut, he's no more qualified to do what real astronauts do than I am qualified to fly an F-15.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5249 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
CT
thats what russ feingold thought when he went against the wishes of the people of wisconsin. he is no longer a us senator. lost in a land slide

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...