Florida to Review Stand Your Ground - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida to Review Stand Your Ground

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
Good luck to all of you great Florida folks. I'll say a prayer asking for your victory.
Thank you very much. Pray for yourselves, too. If we fall it's just a matter of time before the loonies start on the other states with SYG laws.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #42
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 837 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
SigArmored - yes I fully understand. My reference to "Grounds" was the area, not about laws.
The area is of little importance. It would only be important if TM was on HIS (or his family's) property. He wasn't.

Quote:
Doc3402 - No, I didnt know GZ was the Neighborhood Watch Captain. I have not heard or read that before. All I read is he was a Neighborhood Watch Volunteer.
Volunteer or Captain - honestly, it doesn't matter. Neighborhood Watch is Neighborhood Watch.

Quote:
TDS92A - Communication may have drastically changed the outcome.
Yes, it could have. And TM should have been the one to initiate the conversation. All he had to do was stop and turn to GZ. It's that simple.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #43

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It's kind of hard to communicate when you are ambushed at night. If I'm in a fight for my life I'm not going to start asking the attacker questions or try to talk and identify myself.

Everyone against GZ's actions ask yourself what you would do if the same violent attack was started on you while you were looking out for the neighborhood you live in that has had a dozen break-ins recently. I don't believe for a second that any sane person wouldn't defend themselves with any means necessary when their head is being bashed into a sidewalk while their mouth/nose/face is covered.

And the "following" bit I keep hearing? He was following because of all the crime in his neighborhood, it's called being a good neighbor and citizen. After calling 911 he followed him and lost sight. GZ then tried to locate a street sign when the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that(follow TM)." GZ began walking back to his truck when he was ambushed by TM and violently attacked.

And the "race" part people keep bringing up? After looking at all the FACTS, it appears that the only party that was racist and/or being racist during the incident was TM.

This whole "spectacle" put on has been a slap in the face to the judicial system, a drain on taxpayers, and an erosion of race relations. What a shame.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #44

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I don't believe that all of the info in the GZ / TM case was brought out. I'm willing to bet that Martin was not this squeeky clean innocent teen that he is being portrayed to be. Could there be a criminal record that was not admitted as evidence?

Old 08-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I don't believe that all of the info in the GZ / TM case was brought out. I'm willing to bet that Martin was not this squeeky clean innocent teen that he is being portrayed to be. Could there be a criminal record that was not admitted as evidence?
Absolutely. In fact we did hear about some of his past as it may have pertained to the trial. I'm sure there was more, but he was not on trial, and he was a juvie. Most of the stuff that didn't pertain would have remained sealed.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #46

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Reviewing SYG laws makes as much logical sense here as reviewing whether there should be regulations on the sale of skittles.

TM was a racist punk who got violent with the wrong guy. End of story.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 08-10-2013 at 10:04 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This