Florida to Review Stand Your Ground
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida to Review Stand Your Ground

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default Florida to Review Stand Your Ground

Not good. They are caving to the Rev Jesse and his supporters. Should have just said no.

This is the Huffington Post and they are happy! I don't think many in the state will be if they change anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/florida-stand-your-ground-hearing_n_3698686.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D353200

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

alsaqr Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Not good. They are caving to the Rev Jesse and his supporters. Should have just said no.

This is the Huffington Post and they are happy! I don't think many in the state will be if they change anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/florida-stand-your-ground-hearing_n_3698686.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D353200
Time for me to start writing letters again. I'll need to explain to my elected reprehensible that Zimmerman was not a Stand Your Ground case as there was no available avenue of escape.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #3

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Exactly Doc, Z was self defense, not SYG. These people are beyond stupid. SYG favors the victim, not the criminal. Why would any LAC want to give criminals more power.

I've got news for all those Dream Dummies: Even if SYG is repealed, no LACs are going to retreat, they will simply be sued into poverty by the criminals family. Bad guys are still going to die if they attack an armed Floridian just like now.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2111 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 3177

Yep, the weak-kneed leadership of the FL legislature caved in to the damands of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Time for me to start writing letters again. I'll need to explain to my elected reprehensible that Zimmerman was not a Stand Your Ground case as there was no available avenue of escape.
Time for All of us to start writing letters again. You know Obummer is behind this to mask more gun control.

Excuse the He!! out of me, standing your ground is a basic human right. Who wouldn't leave if they could, but a lot of people cannot. Either due to age, circumstances or other reasons.

Ah, hey, this is preaching to the choir. Lets get those letters out.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It was done to get the morons out of the state capitol.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #7

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Those Dream Dummies were tresspassing. They also protested for hours on the Capitol steps the night of the verdict without a permit. They broke all sorts of laws and cost us Floridians over $200K.

IMO their ability to act out like this with NO consequences sends a strong message to white people in Florida. Apparently you have to be white to be held accountable for your behavior.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
"elected reprehensible" - now THAT'S funny! Permission to use that, Doc?

As far as the article, what did anyone expect? A special-interest group that all white politicians are scared to death to stand against screams at the top of their lungs and keeps screaming with no one opposing them or telling them to shut up. So the politicians do the only thing they can do -send it to committee for rereview. This will tie it up for months or years and the public will either forget or not care when the committee tells them what we already know.

The best thing we can do, even those of us outside of Florida, is write to Florida Representatives and tell them how damaging their giving into this racist terrorism will be to their state, and in principal, to every other state that has established SYG laws. There is no crime in NOT retreating from a criminal, no matter what his skin color happens to be.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Those Dream Dummies were tresspassing. They also protested for hours on the Capitol steps the night of the verdict without a permit. They broke all sorts of laws and cost us Floridians over $200K.

IMO their ability to act out like this with NO consequences sends a strong message to white people in Florida. Apparently you have to be white to be held accountable for your behavior.
THAT is a perfect point to make to your representatives. Put that in a letter or email and send it to them! Make sure to mention that you're a VOTER and will be watching his voting decisions VERY carefully to decide his next term.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #10

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I will be writing letters and sending emails.These friggen morons blaming our "Castle Doctrine" have niether taken the time to read exactly how the law reads and nor do they care.