Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Florida gun law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Default Florida gun law

I live in two states, MO and FL. I'm having a hard time finding the answer to my question concerning FL law so I thought I'd ask around to see what people knew.
In MO if I carry into a place that has a "No Firearms" sign posted and I'm caught all they can do is ask me to leave. As long as I leave there's no issue. No fine. No arrest. No problem.
But what about FL? I'm not talking about the obvious no no places like courthouses, government buildings, schools, airplanes. I'm talking about places that are making that decision independently.
Lets say I go to a grocery store that has a "No Guns" sign and some how some way I'm caught. What happens? Fines? Jail time? Loss of my CCW permit?
Anyone know?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #2

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Unless they display a 30.06, I don't think there is much that could happen other than asking you to leave. Providing Fl. honors your CCL.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I have a Fl concealed carry, and I was told by a LEO that if I am asked to leave a GFZ, as you describe, and do so, nothing happens. If you want to rag on about your rights and like your pistol to show, just a bit. It's a misdemeanor.
I carry a Colt Gov. IWB under a loose tee. It does not print. You might know it's there only if you carry yourself.
As long as I am out of the state that spawned POTUS, I am free, and do as I please.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #4

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It seems someone is always posting on this subject. If you are carrying a concealed weapon how does anyone know you have it? It seems to me the question is why are you flashing or out lineing a concealed weapon?
Do you have a clear understanding of what it means to carry a CCW? The other point is when entering onto private property always respect that persons rights. If you do not like his rules stay away from his busness.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #5

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I live and CC in Florida and carry in retail businesses that have no gun signs. First, how would they know if you are carrying and second, if they found out all they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse is a different story.

Google Fl. Statute 790.06 it provides all the requirements.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #6

Really? No one has EVER seen my gun. I am very good at concealment. Most people have no clue I'm even a CCW permit holder let alone carrying at all times. My question wasn't "If I'm flaunting my right to carry" it was "if I some how got caught". As good as I am about concealment I still think its my responsibility to know the law. Just thought I'd see what people knew since I couldn't find the answer.
So to clarify- If I'm doing everything right, being very inconspicuous and I pass out and EMS finds a gun on me what would happen?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #7

Thank you to all that answered. I really do appreciate you taking the time to share what you know. Sorry for the outburst in my above post but to be asked if I have a clear understanding of what it means to carry concealed was very insulting. I'm just trying to educate myself. Even if your carrying truly concealed there is always the chance you'll be caught. If you need to draw your gun, if you have a medical crisis, or if your human and make the mistake of thinking your concealed but your printing, you could get caught.
Again, the question was meant in the most innocent way. An- If by some crazy reason I'm caught at the grocery store kind of way.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #8

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Why do you want to violate someone elses rights? Be respectful as a responsible citizen and gun owner. If you respect the property owner you will not have these concerns.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why do you want to violate someone elses rights? Be respectful as a responsible citizen and gun owner. If you respect the property owner you will not have these concerns.

Yeah, I agree. Carry where it's legal, don't where it's not and if a private business owner doesn't want guns in his place of business then keep your gun out of there. He owns the business, he pays the taxes, he makes the rules. If you don't like his rules, you're free to stage a legal protest. But not on his property. If he comes to your property or your business he has to play by your rules. That's what America is supposed to be all about.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
Mack Bolan Likes This 
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #10

Liked 1134 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Florida Statutes are online. It is far better to read them yourself then to depend on gun forum attorneys.

I carry in Florida and I ignore the signs at the mall. However, if I were to made carrying and asked to leave, I would do in in a heat-beat, without argument, without checking out, or without looking for the wife and kids. After you have been asked to leave, and you bow-up, it is my opinion, that you are then "armed tresspassing", something that could lose your ability to ever own a gun again.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Newest Threads