Are Florida cops really THAT bad?!? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Are Florida cops really THAT bad?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6823 Times on 3626 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto
I forgot to touch on this point. In these Dateline stings, the suspects were not immediately hurting anyone. There was no actual child present and none of the men showed any signs of aggression. None of the suspects had any sort of weapon on their body at the time (one man out of a few hundred had a handgun in his car, which he was approximately 50-75 feet away from at the time of the arrest).

Please understand that the courts are supposed to deal with the hurt and abuse that these men were trying to cause. That is the court's job, not the arresting officer.
So basically you're saying intent is not a crime? Mind you it is not a crime but probable cause in some cases.
These POSs had all intentions to molest and violate a child and yet a firm or stern reaction to that isn't warranted? Now I'm not talking about putting a bullet in one of them but what the OP was referring to that I got was the take down.
Is there a proper way to take a scumbag down? If so please enlighten me....
Have you ever tried putting cuffs on a pissed off suspect? Lets not get into the ones who want to resist and make a name for themselves.
for a crime to occur there has to be intent. if there is no intent there is no crime when your talking about most court trials. not all but most. that is the tricky line these sting operations walk. the thin line of proof of intentions to harm the child.

for example if a random person walks up to the sting house rings the doorbell and asks for directions to wherever and gets arrested, that person prolly has a good lawsuit in the making

same thing except the perv claims he is only asking directions he will get sentenced because the chat logs prove intent.

the police making the arrest on the episodes ive seen some rode VERY close to the line of abuse but didnt step over others handled it quieter and more effective.

pushing peeps to the ground on their faces wasnt my style of arresting people i found quiet polite conversation far more effective than resorting to physical aggression. i found a good positive attitude and explaining why they had to wear the irons did more than just being an ass because i had the authority. only once did i have to physically take down a guy and forcibly cuff him but he was drunk and turned out to be wacked out on cocaine. that soldier ended up serving some serious time
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 AM   #32

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Again what the hell does football have to do with kicking the living crap out of kid touchers?

Good lord the dude with the football shirt is a null point. He was doing nothing wrong to warrant being body slammed. The ****bags on TCP are trying to have sex with CHILDREN.

Again I understand cops are supposed to be emotionless but when you are you lose contact with those around you.

I still don't have a peoblem with someone body slaming a pervert. If they didn't want to get roughed up don't go pervert kids. They are a waste of Oxygen and in my eyes they don't deserve to walk on the same earth as me.

You can defend them all you want. I for one will buy a beer for any cop I see rough some pervert up a little. If he holds him so I can kick him in the dame junk a few times I will even buy him a very nice USDA choice T-bone.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
So, ultimately I ask, "Are Florida Cops really THAT bad? at what point do you NOT treat the public in such a physical manner?"
I have lived in Central FL since April 1992 when I immigrated (LEGALLY) to the USA.
I have never witnessed any rough handling by the Police, although I'm sure it's necessary sometimes.
In every profession you have bad guys, hopefully vastly outnumbered by the good.
My husband has worked closely with LEOs from Orange County and Orlando for the past 11 years
and has only good things to say about them.
Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings seems to have done a good job since he was appointed 2 years ago.
Three weeks ago, one of his young Officers was shot twice in the head with a stolen gun
by a worthless piece of **** during a traffic stop.
Thankfully that creature saved us the expense of a murder trial and took himself out of the gene pool.
We were also spared the farce of his family telling us what a good boy he was, really.

Are Florida cops really THAT bad?!? - Legal and Activism
Deputy Sheriff Brandon Coates (R.I.P.) Former US Marine, Veteran Iraqi Freedom.
Orange County Sheriff's Office Florida
End of Watch: Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last edited by IrishRed; 12-28-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 136

RIP Deputy Coates!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1519 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
...a police officer needs to be held to a higher degree of scrutiny, because so much trust and power is put in their hands.

They are held to a higher standard, a standard that's rigidly enforced through TTP, laws, departmental regulations and internal affairs. Considering the dangers they are exposed to daily, and the number of LEOs shot to death in this country--we lost two in Tampa this year, both family men, both shot in the face by the same perp--you might want to cut them some slack. Cops are human. You can't see the crap they see and not be affected by it. IMHO, in spite of a few rare incidents of excessive force, they stay professional under the most trying circumstances.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6823 Times on 3626 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
They are held to a higher standard, a standard that's rigidly enforced through TTP, laws, departmental regulations and internal affairs. Considering the dangers they are exposed to daily, and the number of LEOs shot to death in this country--we lost two in Tampa this year, both family men, both shot in the face by the same perp--you might want to cut them some slack. Cops are human. You can't see the crap they see and not be affected by it. IMHO, in spite of a few rare incidents of excessive force, they stay professional under the most trying circumstances.
totally agree. different police officers have different styles if i had been patrolling with a higher portion of violent peeps i would liekly have developed a different tact. i dont fault the tcp police for what they did. they didnt hurt any of the suspects.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3585 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

As a rookie officer I was taught to treat people with respect until they show a good reason to be treated otherwise. Talk politely, but be prepared to take harsh physical action when (and only when) it proves to be necessary.

As I became more seasoned I learned to pick up on the signs that someone was about to flee or fight. If fight is what they intended to do, then a fight they will get, albeit a one sided fight. An officer is not paid to get beat up or die. Unfortunately, if we lose the fight, we frequently lose our lives. There is ALWAYS at least one gun in the equation, ours. We cannot afford to lose a fight, period.

With that said, some officers are black and white. They resort to physical actions too soon or when inappropriate because they do not have the verbal judo needed to defuse situations. I have been in fights. I have pointed firearms at people. I have transported a few to the hospital on the way to the jail to get bones set or stitches/staples. Almost all have been apologetic about their actions that forced me to use an elevated level of force. Their actions determine the outcome. There are some scars and cold weather creaks that remind a few dozen people of their unfortunate decisions.

I have yet to put a bullet in a person, though I have come very close several times. One in particular would have been shot (with a .41 Magnum) if I had attended a street survival seminar the week before rather than the week after. Those kinds of classes will scare the bejeezus out of you. You will come out of a class like that believing that death is behind every corner.

Law Enforcement is a profession requiring much intellect and common sense. Unfortunately, the pay does not draw many that have much intellect or common sense.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #38

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
As a rookie officer I was taught to treat people with respect until they show a good reason to be treated otherwise. Talk politely, but be prepared to take harsh physical action when (and only when) it proves to be necessary.

As I became more seasoned I learned to pick up on the signs that someone was about to flee or fight. If fight is what they intended to do, then a fight they will get, albeit a one sided fight. An officer is not paid to get beat up or die. Unfortunately, if we lose the fight, we frequently lose our lives. There is ALWAYS at least one gun in the equation, ours. We cannot afford to lose a fight, period.

With that said, some officers are black and white. They resort to physical actions too soon or when inappropriate because they do not have the verbal judo needed to defuse situations. I have been in fights. I have pointed firearms at people. I have transported a few to the hospital on the way to the jail to get bones set or stitches/staples. Almost all have been apologetic about their actions that forced me to use an elevated level of force. Their actions determine the outcome. There are some scars and cold weather creaks that remind a few dozen people of their unfortunate decisions.

I have yet to put a bullet in a person, though I have come very close several times. One in particular would have been shot (with a .41 Magnum) if I had attended a street survival seminar the week before rather than the week after. Those kinds of classes will scare the bejeezus out of you. You will come out of a class like that believing that death is behind every corner.

Law Enforcement is a profession requiring much intellect and common sense. Unfortunately, the pay does not draw many that have much intellect or common sense.

^^^^^ 100

Hell I could not have said it any better ... actually I don't think I could have said it any where near that well.

Scubie

Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was a police officer in the late '60s and found myself, 20 years later, taking a basic academy because I had been out of LE for a few years and had moved to another state (Florida). It occurs to me that the training had changed to emphasize more aggressive patrol/arrest techniques than a few years ago. Officer safety was pushed to the point that some of my fellow graduates hit the street half scared to death. Maybe that is a result of more violent behavior towards the police, but there seems to be a more paramilitary tone to a lot of law enforcement today. Still, it's a tough job, worse in some places than others, and not for everyone.