Are Florida cops really THAT bad?!? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are Florida cops really THAT bad?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I'm not a LEO but I'd expect the level of professionalism varies with every department. Not just in Florida, but everywhere. One city in CA is not indicative of the entire state, nor is one city in FL. But the conviction rate you refer to may have a great deal to do with procedure. It makes perfect sense to me that the sloppier the procedure, the fewer convictions.
Oh, I understand that, and I tried my best to state that it was specific cities I was commenting on - not entire states. I know the subject title of the thread sounds otherwise, but that was more just to give you an idea of the content inside... I never thought that one group of one city's police dept represented the whole state. I apologize if the inflammatory title leads you to infer otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive seen those episodes and if im not mistaken it was msnbc voice over that said that ccw was the reason for the rough treatment. the police did not actually say it. msnbc is also violently anti-gun anti-constitution and hates america in general...
Yes, it is the MSNBC voiceover, not the police chief voiceover that states a CCW is making them act more aggressively. I figured it didn't really matter who was trying to claim a CCW is reason enough to throw around suspects... the important fact is that the act is being done. I guess the one silver lining is that they are roughing up pedophiles. Not that the police should use any more force than is absolutely necessary to subdue a suspect, just that my personal choice would for the pedos and murderers to get the short end of the stick, so to speak.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

dont doubt for a second that the media has an agenda.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I do my best to believe that every LEO is geniuninely in it to help society. For the most part every cop I have met has been extremely polite and nice, although I generally meet police on good terms not because I am suspected of something. But even the 2 times i have had a traffic infaction only 1 of them was mean. He was a young guy and i truly believe he was a police officer for the "power". The other was a state trooper and he pulled me and another guy over at the same time. He talked to the other guy first and they got in a screaming match and I thought "oh my god im screwed now". When he walked back to my car he was exceedingly nice and even knocked 5mph off the ticket for me so it wouldnt be reckless driving.

However, despite my efforts to believe they are all good people until proven otherwise. I generally have a dim view on police, it is not because of the media or utube or anything like that. I grew up in a town that had such a brutal police force that the states government actually came in and shut them down. If you got arrested you where pretty much garunteed a beating, they also were infamous for running people off the road. Several motorcyclists died to the police hands. Now the town is police by the 2 neighboring towns police force and it is the same as anywhere else around here.

Growing up with the police being seen in such a light had a dramatic impact on my view of them as a whole and although I do my best to not let it affect my opinion, every now and then i notice I am extra quick to accuse of "excessive force".

...and my friend getting beaten so hard his leg was broken when i was in highschool didnt help. But those cops got what they deserved. His mother was in TBI (Tennessee bereua of investigation) and he called her when he was being pulled over and left the phone running in the seat. She heard the cries of her teenage son as he was beaten by two police officers. You can imagine that didnt turn out well for those two pigs... thats what they where too. Reason for being pulled over? Not using his turn signal. Apparently what got him the beating was referring to his rights.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #14

The number of scumbags in FL are ridiculous!! The "aggression" you claim to see is just a well implemented force option when it comes to take downs.
I'm not LEO but I've dealt with my fair share of scumbags and can tell you that these idiots only recognize force and have a ever growing hatred for all those in uniform...

[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1359 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
The number of scumbags in FL are ridiculous!!... I'm not a LEO but I've dealt with my fair share of scumbags and can tell you that these idiots only recognize force and have a ever growing hatred for all those in uniform...

Very true. Florida's a gravity-sucker for every conman, sex offender, deadbeat, pickpocket, drug dealer and fugitive east of the Mississippi...the prey attracts the predators. Not to mention the illegal immigrants and the Mexican gangs etc. Given the circumstances in urban FL and elsewhere in the US, I think cops have a pretty good record overall for restraint.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Really You can be too aggressive with a kid touching pervert? They are lucky I was not on the team most of them would not come out of it alive.

If you have been on this board more than 15 minutes you know that I have a zero tolerance policy for perverts. I don't understand how anyone could not just either A: beat them till they stop moving then stomp on their skull till it pops or B: put a hole in their head the size of a dam softball. Either way suites me just fine.

I personally love to see a dam pervert getting the crap kicked out of him.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Quoted for truth.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Quote:
Really You can be too aggressive with a kid touching pervert? They are lucky I was not on the team most of them would not come out of it alive.

If you have been on this board more than 15 minutes you know that I have a zero tolerance policy for perverts. I don't understand how anyone could not just either A: beat them till they stop moving then stomp on their skull till it pops or B: put a hole in their head the size of a dam softball. Either way suites me just fine.

you sir are required by the bamster himself to be more tolerant of alternate lifestyles congress has made it clear.

wont be long until congress declares this behaviour to be legal :/ i dont personally put it past em.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Oh, I would personally love to watch them get beaten. I can't stand the idea of these perverts roaming around. However, this actually makes one of the best examples of how the police officer is supposed to be a step above the normal civilian. He/she shouldn't let their personal feelings get in the way of their job. It doesn't matter who they are arresting, they should only use enough force to detain the suspect while keeping everyone safe. They should not act upon the same feelings that we would want to as individuals.

Imagine if you were wearing a Cowboys jersey and the officer was pissed at the Cowboys for beating his team. He could easily push you around a bit and use excessive force, just because he didn't like you for your shirt. People get mad at the littlest stuff, but the police SHOULD know how to control it. They should be trying to detain a person with the least amount of aggression possible, while keeping safety in mind (in other words, they may NEED to use force on someone who is an immediate threat to the people around him/her).

Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Imagine if you were wearing a Cowboys jersey and the officer was pissed at the Cowboys for beating his team.
How in the wide wide world of sports can you compare a guy wearing a shirt to a guy that likes to molest little kids? There is a big difference there.

1. Guy wearing a shirt is not hurting anyone.
2. Guy wearing a tshirt didn't break the law.
3. Guy wearing a tshirt is not a dam kid toucher.

So try to find something else to come up with.