Flag and Hope for our Nation - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Flag and Hope for our Nation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

it has a lot to do with it. many veterans feel that this is disrespecting the American flag. yes our country is in great distress, but many veterans feel this is the wrong way to display the American flag in protest of these changing times.

MasterP has also served, so this is his way of protesting these changing times. read his first posts on this thread and it will make more sense. with knowing how the OP feels and his background and his family history, i don't think in any way is he trying to be disrespectful of our flag. just stating his opinions and feelings. for that i support him, even though i disagree with him in his flag displaying.
I have not served so i can admit i dont understand the let down it brings but i do love this country and everything for wich it stands. Im young and just got into politics so please forgive any offense i may have caused, i just hate seeing whats going on and thought this was a great way to show it.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have not served so i can admit i dont understand the let down it brings but i do love this country and everything for wich it stands. Im young and just got into politics so please forgive any offense i may have caused, i just hate seeing whats going on and thought this was a great way to show it.
no offence there Sig. just those veterans who have served an those who do, the flag is a symbol of what they swore an oath to. a sacred oath that is about something that seperates our contry from others. that flag to them is a symbol of freedom and rights. veterans, especially those who have fought in combat or wars, it's something more than that, it's a reminder of fallen friendss that gave their lives for something so special, that many in this country take for granted, our freedoms and rights. this is why several months ago a veteran that is a member here found it upsetting when some flew upside down flags in their avatars. the biggest difference is that MasterP has served his country as has his family.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #23

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Well said Axxe...

As a veteran, i have strong feelings on this. An upside down flag is a military symbol for a Unit in Distress.

Though the motivations may differ, Displaying Old Glory in this manner to make a political statement of discontent with the current government is no different than burning her to display the same discontent.

Tack

Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 328 Posts

Just because you and your family have served does not mean you should fly the flag upside down. My family has served to, but you are not going to see me flying her upside down because of the government.

"I'm an A**hole"