FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2489 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Could not disagree more. The stroke of a pen? No Sir. Firearms owners who pull the trigger to settle a dispute or because they are just plain unstable ARE criminals - plain and simple. Based on what we know (and no not all facts are in) this case has nothing to do with self defense.

And who is cowering in fear around here? It appears a gun owner did something real stupid. Why would I stand up for him? Because he owns a gun and I own a gun? Because he is white and I am white? Those alone would be a stupid reasons to support anyone!

As far as being bad mouthed by the left, I could care less. I figure if I'm not pissing off a liberal chances are I'm doing something wrong
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I did not mean to imply that you personally were cowering. The stroke of the pen remark was merely to say that all a politician has to do to make you a criminal is sign a new bill turning gun owners into criminals. As far as the case goes all I can say is appearances can be deceiving.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #82

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
if he had left the scene out of fear of further reprisals and then drove to a police station or another location and then called for the police to report the shooting, i wouldn't have a problem with him claiming they had a weapon.
The one thing I haven't read yet is the fact that Dunn and his girlfriend were out-numbered. People can be harmed or killed with hands.

Quote:
but his actions of failing to notify LE of the shooting bring that statement into question. common sense makes me question those actions. he probably had no idea that he even hit anyone with his shots either, but that doesn't excuse his actions either.
Agreed - it does not excuse his actions. Whether he thinks he hit anyone or not HE fired a gun and didn't report it. He should have known someone would.

Quote:
he made the mistake of failing to notify LE of the shooting. he may be telling the truth or he may be lying, but by not notifying the police, he brings a lot of doubt to whatever he claims now.
All the pieces of information just don't seem to fit a picture of self defense warranting the use of a gun. This will be difficult for Dunn.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I did not mean to imply that you personally were cowering. The stroke of the pen remark was merely to say that all a politician has to do to make you a criminal is sign a new bill turning gun owners into criminals. As far as the case goes all I can say is appearances can be deceiving.
I didn't take you to mean me personally FWIW.

We will see what the facts turnout. As far as a car full of black youths rolling with a shotgun? Does not sound likely to me. If they were indeed gangbangers, I just don't see a shotgun as weapon of choice. Too hard to conceal

Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #84
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
The one thing I haven't read yet is the fact that Dunn and his girlfriend were out-numbered. People can be harmed or killed with hands.

Agreed - it does not excuse his actions. Whether he thinks he hit anyone or not HE fired a gun and didn't report it. He should have known someone would.

All the pieces of information just don't seem to fit a picture of self defense warranting the use of a gun. This will be difficult for Dunn.
as more facts and evidence are made public, then we all can make more informed opinions of the incident. mine are based on what has been published so far. i could be wrong and have been before, and if new information shows that my opinions are flawed i will have to rethink them.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I didn't take you to mean me personally FWIW.

We will see what the facts turnout. As far as a car full of black youths rolling with a shotgun? Does not sound likely to me. If they were indeed gangbangers, I just don't see a shotgun as weapon of choice. Too hard to conceal
Shotguns are gaining in popularity with our drive by crowd, but you are correct, they are not the weapon of choice around here at this point in time.

One thing to consider in this. Whether they had a shotgun or not is not that important. If they pointed a piece of black PVC pipe or a tripod leg at Dunn it could be argued in his favor. If a reasonable person in the same circumstances would believe it's a shotgun, it's a shotgun in the eyes of the law. You don't have to see a muzzle flash to defend yourself.

This is where we get into the delayed reporting on Dunn's part again. If he thought in any way that he was justified the time to tell his side was right away. He can't wait until the evidence against him either disappears or is never even looked for. The SO never searched the nearby dumpster until 4 days later. The only witnesses intensively questioned were the friends of the dead guy, and at that point in time they were probably questioned as victims.

When all is said and done, there is one thing we can all take away from this. Dunn really screwed the pooch when he called Domino's instead of the authorities. Even based on disparity of force he may have been justified to at least a certain degree. That could be the difference between 5 years for manslaughter and life without parole for murder.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
as more facts and evidence are made public, then we all can make more informed opinions of the incident. mine are based on what has been published so far. i could be wrong and have been before, and if new information shows that my opinions are flawed i will have to rethink them.
I think we all want to be right about our assessments. We want to be right based on our gut feel, our intuition and past experiences. Sometimes we are, other times we are not.

I used to always wonder how my parents knew I did the bad things I did when I thought I lied so well no one would catch me. Things you by experience as a kid, then a parent

~ Holsters ~

We the People...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #87

Quote:
I think we all want to be right about our assessments. We want to be right based on our gut feel, our intuition and past experiences. Sometimes we are, other times we are not.

I used to always wonder how my parents knew I did the bad things I did when I thought I lied so well no one would catch me. Things you by experience as a kid, then a parent
i agree. right now my opinions are formed by the limited information that is available. as more information surfaces and is made public, my assessment may or may not change base on the new information.

my opinions i have to say that right now mainly hinge on the fact that he failed to notify LE of the shooting incident, regardless of whether he knew on ot not of actually hitting someone in that vehicle.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #88

Axxe55 - you are going to run out of "Likes". There are only 50,000 per person. I'll start sending a few your way

~ Holsters ~

We the People...
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #89

Quote:
Axxe55 - you are going to run out of "Likes". There are only 50,000 per person. I'll start sending a few your way
LOL Witt!

thank you sir!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #90

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

I do not know what went down. I was not there. I have no idea whether there was a shotgun or not. But I do know one thing. I am not going to go up to a car full of people and try to force them to obey me so I can look tough in front of my lady. I would rather my lady think I am a coward than to get into a fight with four teenagers and be forced to kill one of them. When you carry a gun you need to avoid confrontations.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This