Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2370 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

again, very well spoken.

i have no fear of being the minority voice or the majority voice. i will speak my mind on what i believe is wrong or right regardless. this is not why i left this thread.

no matter how polar opposite someone's opinion might be from mine, or how mad it might make me....if it is spoken with at least the most basic respect, i can always agree to disagree. everyone has their right to their opinion here.

when personal attacks start, i tend to leave. only because it is very difficult for me to not respond with this pathetic debate tactic in return. i'd rather just leave it in that instance. i am interested in adult debate...i have no interest however, in childish drama.

thanks for the respectful reply. check through my threads and you'll find i love to laugh as much as the next guy. just not normally over REAL death or tragedy....that is kind of my line i have drawn for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
HawkGuy,

Although my post was right after yours in this thread, it was not aimed at you alone. I think it is human nature to automatically want to immediately apply our own personal experiences and attitudes to a specific situation where they may or may not apply. Since our current administration is so vehemently anti-2A, most on this forum tend to start in defense of the shooter, who is being persecuted for his actions - a position they may personally find themselves in someday. I have always played Devil's Advocate and started analysis on the side that has the least support, but it doesn't matter as much where you start from, only that you allow for facts to modify your opinion as they become available.

HawkGuy, you are a valuable member of this forum and I have a great deal of respect for your opinion. You obviously were trying to get people to take the subject more seriously, as any death from shooting should be. I was also guilty of starting my first post with a minor joke, but I did not intend to take the subject lightly. Your point was well–taken.

Please do not leave a thread because you feel yours is a minority voice. We need all of them if we are to come to a responsible opinion on what, for some of us, will be the body of knowledge we draw from when the day comes we may have to make the decision to defend ourselves. It may be the only thing that causes us to do the right thing.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20034 Times on 11393 Posts
Likes Given: 50542

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I see no similarities other than: Florida. Dead black guy. Shooter was not black.

Everything else is completely unrelated to the Zimmerman case. The fact anyone is bringing it up boggles my mind
some people fail in being able to discern the facts and how they apply to diiffernet situations. those same people usually have a problem with reading comprehension as well. but they are allowed to have an opinion, even if it's wrong!

Old 02-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1988 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2959

Quote:
Everything else is completely unrelated to the Zimmerman case.
Excellent!!!

In the Zimmerman case two idiots met in the night, both lost.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:01 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1386 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
I see no similarities other than: Florida. Dead black guy. Shooter was not black.

Everything else is completely unrelated to the Zimmerman case. The fact anyone is bringing it up boggles my mind
At this moment in time this is exactly like the Zimmerman case. The police report has not been released but everyone knows exactly what happened. All we have heard is a few sound bites from an officer on the scene. We didn't even get to hear his entire statement.

All the bull sheet of trying people in the media is getting to be to much. At this point in the Zimmerman trial I thought George Zimmerman was guilty as sin. Now we all know it was clear cut self defense.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #75
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20034 Times on 11393 Posts
Likes Given: 50542

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
At this moment in time this is exactly like the Zimmerman case. The police report has not been released but everyone knows exactly what happened. All we have heard is a few sound bites from an officer on the scene. We didn't even get to hear his entire statement.

All the bull sheet of trying people in the media is getting to be to much. At this point in the Zimmerman trial I thought George Zimmerman was guilty as sin. Now we all know it was clear cut self defense.
no one is trying him. simply stating opinions on what we have heard. IOW's a discussion. the circumstances are totally different. only thing similiar is someone got shot.

you are not obligated to have to participate in this discussion if you don't want to. it's strictly voluntary.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #76

Liked 2229 Times on 1004 Posts
Likes Given: 2165

Quote:
What's there to think about? If you carry and don't intend to follow the law then what separates you from a criminal?
Zimmerman did follow the law and they still ruined his life. That's all I'm saying. I'm not blaming the police for that. We all know who was behind that mess. We don't know Dunn shot the guy for loud music either, that's just what the media told us. Does Dunn have a criminal record? Does the victim have a criminal record? Remember they tried to make trevon look a skittles eatin little innocent kid. They also tried to make Zimmerman look like a terrible person. Seems like a lot of people on this forum are jumping to the same conclusions in this case and you are doing it out of fear that it will somehow make you look bad. We already look bad to the left, nothing is going to change that. They stereo type gun owners no matter what. Zimmerman had a righteous shoot and we still came off bad. This may or may not be a righteous shooting, it doesn't matter we are still going to be bad mouthed by the left. Chloe's question is what separates us from the criminal? The stroke of a pen is all that separates us from the criminals. We better stop cowering in fear every time something like this happens. Do you think baseball players go into this fearful frenzy every time some one is beaten or killed with a baseball bat? Do you fear you will lose your steak knives every time some one is murdered with a kitchen knife? Does it make you a bad person for owning a bat or knife just because some one else abused them? Are you a bad person because you own a car and nearly 45,000 people a year die on the highway in this country?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #77

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Well stated Dave. The point here which is common to both cases is the media reporting and their influencing of the facts. In the Martin and Zimmerman incident the press was guilty of with holding facts to guide public opinion. We have a "Rush" to judgement in this shooting relevant to the media reports. These reports to this point are primarily speculation by reporters. Separating sympathy either real or applied is always weighted for or against one of the litigants. In the Martin vs Zimmerman case it unfairly clouded the pre-trial information.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1793 Times on 930 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
This may or may not be a righteous shooting, it doesn't matter we are still going to be bad mouthed by the left. Chloe's question is what separates us from the criminal? The stroke of a pen is all that separates us from the criminals. We better stop cowering in fear every time something like this happens.
Could not disagree more. The stroke of a pen? No Sir. Firearms owners who pull the trigger to settle a dispute or because they are just plain unstable ARE criminals - plain and simple. Based on what we know (and no not all facts are in) this case has nothing to do with self defense.

And who is cowering in fear around here? It appears a gun owner did something real stupid. Why would I stand up for him? Because he owns a gun and I own a gun? Because he is white and I am white? Those alone would be a stupid reasons to support anyone!

As far as being bad mouthed by the left, I could care less. I figure if I'm not pissing off a liberal chances are I'm doing something wrong
Old 02-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #79
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2810 Posts
Likes Given: 6035

Clearly, the best choice is to respond to threats with the best likelihood of survival without putting yourself in danger of spending the rest of your life either damned or in prison or both. If the guy with lousy taste in music and no manners pointed a gun at him, responding by killing him was the perfect response, if no gun was pointed, he's just a murderer with better taste in music than the person he killed.

The only reason to leave the scene of a crime is to either escape escalation or avoid prosecution. He didnt go to the police station so that only leaves the likelihood he was wrong as 2 boys doinking! Legal ownership of a firearm wont bond me to anyone anymore than having tits will cause me to want to screw you. What we do with our legal rights is the final determining factor of right and wrong.

The jury is still out on this one but the story so far is one Al said "two idiots met in the night, both lost.".

Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

I'll agree that people are second guessing this like they did Zimmerman, but as far as the two cases being similar, we'll never know. The delayed report made the search for the alleged shotgun useless. There may have actually been a shotgun, but even if they find one now there would be no way to tie it to the incident.

If they had known about it during the initial phases they could have looked for it then before anybody had a chance to tamper with the scenes. If they found it, or even something that may have resembled a shotgun, Dunn would have a much better chance of acquittal.

As it stands right now I have no firm opinion of his guilt or innocence. What I do know is if it was true self defense, he seriously hurt his case with his actions after the fact.