FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

good post, and again, i state it is up to the courts to decide. i have not condemned the man guilty, i didn't see it all go down. but based on what we have so far, hard to stick up for this guy.

just some bad attitudes and jokes thrown around on this forum by those with no respect to those who may have lost someone they dearly loved in this situation.

if killing has becomes an opportunity for a punch line, or people are justifying murder as an appropriate consequence loud music.......then i suspect that some peoples grasp on the reality of this REAL situation, is minimal at best.

it just seems so many in our society can't understand when sh*t is real?

not an action flick....not a video game....a real dead teenager....

i'm out of this one. thanks for the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
One thing every member on this forum should be wary of is making any sort of conclusion based on only reporting from the liberal media. Other sources should be consulted before any decisions are made that form an opinion. We can all be certain that, whenever a person with a gun is involved, the liberal media will skew the reporting to make them appear guilty, and if the opposing party is female, a minority or a teenager that it will be insinuated that they are an innocent victim. The media must report it this way to support Obama and the gun-grabbing, anti-2A agenda and keep up the "all gun owners are psycho killers" agenda. If news was about fair reporting, it would be noted that incidences like these are very rare on a per capita basis and violent crime has gone down as more citizens own and carry firearms.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that the liberal media always sensationalizes the "breaking story" when the fewest facts are available, and as investigators do their work and dig for the facts in the case, we hear less and less about it and it is no longer "front page" news. The only exception is if the liberal spin on the story can be maintained, i.e. Few facts can be determined and the sensationalism can be maintained. We hear 10-15 second sound bites and make determinations of guilt or innocence based on little or no fact.

We all need to withhold our initial judgements and look at everything fed to us by any single media source with a jaundiced eye. Gather from AP, UPI, CNN to get the left, but then also use Fox, Blaze and other more conservative sources. Even a turn through InfoWars and other radical sites can give you a different viewpoint to consider. Weigh the information based on reliability of the source and amount of factual data provided. If everything is just a reporter's conjecture, it's worthless. If there are independent witness statements, maps, video and evidence, the source is highly worthy. The last thing you need is more conjecture or other people's opinions when you are searching for the truth.

When the Zimmerman case was first breaking, 70% of the people I talked to had listened to the breaking news and had determined Zimmerman was guilty and the poor, teenage boy was a victim of gun violence. However, worse than that, there opinion was immovable once they based their decision on nothing but a reporter's conjecture. Even after an initial investigation, you must leave yourself open to new evidence and changing circumstance. An intelligent mind is constantly analyzing and re-evaluating to know the truth. There is no wrong in admitting you have changed your mind based on the totality of the evidence. You can even change it back as more is revealed - this is not being wispy-washy, just analytical as new evidence is presented.

I know nothing of fact in the FL shooting, which sounds as if it has little fact. It is fact that both left the scene. It is clear the shooter did not notify the police. There is plenty of reasonable doubt on both sides and I'm sure the Reasonable Man Test will come into play. But the last thing any of us should be doing is sniping at one another over a case that currently has more questions than answers. Let's keep open minds and use the forum for intelligent discussion about the facts of the case as they develop.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #22

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr
...Dunn claims the teenagers had a gun: Police found no gun.
Dunn did not call the police, he drove off.
Get the rope!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Get the rope!
whether the so-called victims had a gun or not, when the shooter drove off and didn't call the authorities, and they found him in another county, his credibility faded away, when he claimed they had a gun and he shot in self defence.

true, they may have dumped the gun, but that doesn't excuse his actions in not notifying law enforcement about the shooting. these are not the actions of a responsible gun owner by any means.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2119 Times on 1145 Posts
Likes Given: 3187

The idiot could have simply driven off without killing anyone. This kind of stuff makes concealed carriers look bad.

Last edited by alsaqr; 02-08-2014 at 01:23 AM.
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 AM   #25

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This reminds me of George Zimmerman's hanging. Most of the people who get their news from the Liberal Drive By Media had Zimmerman convicted and executed. The court system did not find the facts matched the presses reporting. That is why we have an "Adversarial" court system. Yes in America it continues to be a right to question and verbalize our own ideas. If we all continue to surrender to the "PC" agenda no one will make it to court.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #26

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In the "PC" World descent in any manner is condemned. This scolding by the "Nanny" society has become a National sedative. It used to put all opposition to sleep.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #27

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Kinder , Gentler FTF ?? Were not going to have to start wearing peace sign t-shirts and gather round while someone plays accoustic guitar singing about " lesbian seaguls fly fly away " are we ? I'm leaving if that happens. And seeing as I don't know what " wash satchel " means I'm going to have to agree with " douchebag move " .
Lighten up, there, Francis...

Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
This reminds me of George Zimmerman's hanging. Most of the people who get their news from the Liberal Drive By Media had Zimmerman convicted and executed. The court system did not find the facts matched the presses reporting. That is why we have an "Adversarial" court system. Yes in America it continues to be a right to question and verbalize our own ideas. If we all continue to surrender to the "PC" agenda no one will make it to court.
This case is totally different than the Zimmerman case as far as police response goes. Zimmerman was investigated and not charged. Once they located him Dunn was arrested as soon as they could get a warrant. In my opinion this is based on his actions following the shooting. He acted guilty, Zimmerman did not.

Did they ever find the shotgun? No, but there was more than enough opportunity for that shotgun to disappear. We even know who might have removed it from the area, but that assumes the shotgun ever existed. Dunn's actions put that in doubt.

Look, I can understand Dunn leaving the scene. There was an SUV with a few very angry people in it. He's from out of town, he may not know how safe that part of town is. He has his GF in the car with him, and he wants to protect her. The list goes on, but why didn't he report the shooting from another location? Why did he make the police hunt for him? If you consider the time frame, it's possible the thought in his mind was they would make another Zimmerman out of him. He was in Angela Corey's home town.

I would like to be a member of this jury. I would like to hear the information that the general public will never get to hear. I have so many questions that might get answered. Foremost is WTF were you thinking? He is obviously outnumbered, he's on unfamiliar turf, and he starts some chit over loud music?
Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #29
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
good post, and again, i state it is up to the courts to decide. i have not condemned the man guilty, i didn't see it all go down. but based on what we have so far, hard to stick up for this guy.

just some bad attitudes and jokes thrown around on this forum by those with no

{SNIP}

not an action flick....not a video game....a real dead teenager....

i'm out of this one. thanks for the discussion.
HawkGuy,

Although my post was right after yours in this thread, it was not aimed at you alone. I think it is human nature to automatically want to immediately apply our own personal experiences and attitudes to a specific situation where they may or may not apply. Since our current administration is so vehemently anti-2A, most on this forum tend to start in defense of the shooter, who is being persecuted for his actions - a position they may personally find themselves in someday. I have always played Devil's Advocate and started analysis on the side that has the least support, but it doesn't matter as much where you start from, only that you allow for facts to modify your opinion as they become available.

HawkGuy, you are a valuable member of this forum and I have a great deal of respect for your opinion. You obviously were trying to get people to take the subject more seriously, as any death from shooting should be. I was also guilty of starting my first post with a minor joke, but I did not intend to take the subject lightly. Your point was well–taken.

Please do not leave a thread because you feel yours is a minority voice. We need all of them if we are to come to a responsible opinion on what, for some of us, will be the body of knowledge we draw from when the day comes we may have to make the decision to defend ourselves. It may be the only thing that causes us to do the right thing.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #30
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

The second they left the scene, neither could claim the hi road, its now all about the proof sparse as it may be.

Lesson learned for real people who dont react to everything they dont like with violence is if you see someone acting all screwed up, unless its on your property, get away, call 911, dont get stupid. My wife reacts to butt-head drivers too often, flips them off and other obvious responses. Ive told her time and again, dont sweat them and put distance between you and them. If they are dangerous, breaking the law, etc, call the cops dont play hero against an unknown jerk with a 2500 lb car, its not worth it.

I dont think this speaks for ccwers- Angry drivers run folks off the road, run them over and are much more dangerous than a LAC with a firearm of any type, the stats show that to be true. It just shows were way too reactive on way too many things that arent worthy of our attention. What ever happened to people worrying about the important things like keeping your family fed, housed, clothed, fed and safe?

I do have a purple circle, enter it and you better be preparing for a gender appropriate greeting, kiss my manhood or shake my hand otherwise I will defend myself vigorously. Loud music is not gonna get me to risk my life or my loved ones chances of having me with them as long as Im alive.