FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
strictly douchebag move.
Yes, well, Axxe, here, at the gentler, kinder, FTF, we now prefer

the term "wash-satchel" ...
therewolf is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

This was obviously reported in a "Slanted" manner for gut reactions. The story implied here is an act of gun violence. These "children" were victims of the high availability for firearms. A gang related shooting becomes a tragic act of gun violence. Most people will never look beyond the liberal medias reporting.
nitestalker is offline  
bluez Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,626
Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Default

wow.

just wow.

some of these posts are bothering my more than a bit.

i don't know all the facts, so i admit that. but even joking about a kid who appears to have been killed over irritating music, is really really WRONG.

this loss of basic dignity and respect is disturbing! this kid has a family. he was likly a young teen. i played the crap out of loud music as a teen. i was an obnoxious teen like the other 70% of teens/young adults....its what they do. it isn't life threatening normally...(well, loud music NEVER is)

NO GUN found! No threat found! this seems like a clear cut case of psycho killer who needs to ride the lightning.

this guy decided he should tell someone else what to do....and he had NO RIGHT or authority to do so. a sane person calls the police at most.

somebody's kid bled out and died for playing loud music....but don't let me stop the jokes.

we have some irritating moronic posters on this board.....do they deserve the same treatment for irritating others as well?

again....sad to see the posts i am seeing. many of you are very detached from the reality of this. maybe if it had been your son or nephew shot dead unarmed for loud music, it might hit home?

Last edited by hawkguy; 02-07-2014 at 02:01 PM.
hawkguy is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,626
Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
When you invade some ones space for any reason it pays to think first.
who's space was being invaded here?

this guy apparently shot an unarmed teen, and drove off w/o calling the police? and i am hearing jokes and comments about how irritating loud music is? it sounds eerily like a justification from some of you. (not calling out any individuals)

Last edited by hawkguy; 02-07-2014 at 02:06 PM.
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Why do you presume this was simply a murder? This appears to me to be a "Turf" war. These primitives mark their space like a Coyote "Pees" on a stump. Invasion of space in that environment is a challenge. There was ample opportunity to dispose of a firearms before the police was involved. This was reported to get a fast reaction. I am surprised they did not blame George Zimmerman.
nitestalker is offline  
bluez Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,626
Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Default

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why do you presume this was simply a murder? This appears to me to be a "Turf" war. These primitives mark their space like a Coyote "Pees" on a stump. Invasion of space in that environment is a challenge. There was ample opportunity to dispose of a firearms before the police was involved. This was reported to get a fast reaction. I am surprised they did not blame George Zimmerman.
i'm sorry stalker,but your none of your argument holds any merit at all imo.

people who kill in "turf wars" are normally charged with murder.

it seems you want to assume the teen had weapons when there is no evidence of this at all? isn't it innocent until.....? why are so convinced they might have had weapons at all when no evidence points to it? is it that they were teens playing loud music? funny, i never carried weapons playing loud music as a teen? or is there another reason you assume this? please explain.

you have a person who tried to tell someone else what to do (should have called authorities, not his job). shot and killed a teen and did not report it (wow, stalker...justify THAT ONE). no law abiding citizen should drive away from a shooting and not report it...unless.....

george zimmerman? this is a DESPERATE reach stalker. this has no similarities to the zimmerman case whatsoever. zimmerman was violently attacked....any evidence of that in this case? was this man injured? as for a gun, how hard is to SAY anything? murderers generally do not want to go to jail for their crimes...

i will say again i don't know all the facts....if he can prove his innocent based on self defense, then so be it. hard to see that possibly with what the situation appears to be.

just looks like a psycho who bothered someone else with something that was none of his business, and ended up ending a life. if some other fact shows up that would make me think otherwise, i would welcome it.

there is a reason life expectancy surveys will sometimes ask the question "how often do you get in arguments with strangers?"

the best policy is to leave people alone as much as possible. loud music DOES NOT hurt anyone.

i'm not saying i know he is guilty. the courts must do that, he is innocent until proven otherwise. i'm saying it sure its sure all hell hard to justify the shooting with the facts provided.

Last edited by hawkguy; 02-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.
hawkguy is offline  
alsaqr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 5,001
Liked 2572 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 4084

Default

Yep, Dunn says he thought he saw a shotgun or stick.

Quote:
Dunn has said that he rolled his car window back down to engage with the Durango’s occupants again, and saw one of the men produce what appeared to be a shotgun. “I saw a barrel come up on the window, like a single-shot shotgun ... It was either a barrel or a stick. I’m ****ting bricks, but that’s when I reached in my glove box, unholstered my pistol…and I shot,” Dunn told police.

He fired on the Durango and it began to pull away, but he continued shooting because he was “still scared”, he said. Davis was hit three times and died in his seat, his head cradled in a friend’s lap.

Among documents released by the state attorney’s office ahead of the trial, which will be heard by a mostly white jury over a period that is expected to last about two weeks, were letters written by Dunn in jail in which he refers to his victim as “a thug”.

In one letter to his girlfriend, Dunn wrote, “I just got off the phone with you and we were talking about how racist the blacks are up here. The more time I am exposed to these people, the more prejudiced against them I become. I suppose the white folks who live here are pretty much anti-black, at least the ones who have been exposed to them.” In a letter to his daughter, he wrote: “The jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs…. This may sound a bit radical, but if more people would arm themselves and kill these f...... idiots when they’re threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior.”
Prediction: Dunn is going off to prison.

Is there something in the FL water that causes control freak nutcases to kill people for texting in movie theaters and for playing loud music? Here in OK 90 percent of the loud music comes from cars driven by young white guys.
alsaqr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Yes, well, Axxe, here, at the gentler, kinder, FTF, we now prefer

the term "wash-satchel" ...
Kinder , Gentler FTF ?? Were not going to have to start wearing peace sign t-shirts and gather round while someone plays accoustic guitar singing about " lesbian seaguls fly fly away " are we ? I'm leaving if that happens. And seeing as I don't know what " wash satchel " means I'm going to have to agree with " douchebag move " .
__________________
" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin
Gh0zt36 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 2,003
Liked 1466 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Default

One thing every member on this forum should be wary of is making any sort of conclusion based on only reporting from the liberal media. Other sources should be consulted before any decisions are made that form an opinion. We can all be certain that, whenever a person with a gun is involved, the liberal media will skew the reporting to make them appear guilty, and if the opposing party is female, a minority or a teenager that it will be insinuated that they are an innocent victim. The media must report it this way to support Obama and the gun-grabbing, anti-2A agenda and keep up the "all gun owners are psycho killers" agenda. If news was about fair reporting, it would be noted that incidences like these are very rare on a per capita basis and violent crime has gone down as more citizens own and carry firearms.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that the liberal media always sensationalizes the "breaking story" when the fewest facts are available, and as investigators do their work and dig for the facts in the case, we hear less and less about it and it is no longer "front page" news. The only exception is if the liberal spin on the story can be maintained, i.e. Few facts can be determined and the sensationalism can be maintained. We hear 10-15 second sound bites and make determinations of guilt or innocence based on little or no fact.

We all need to withhold our initial judgements and look at everything fed to us by any single media source with a jaundiced eye. Gather from AP, UPI, CNN to get the left, but then also use Fox, Blaze and other more conservative sources. Even a turn through InfoWars and other radical sites can give you a different viewpoint to consider. Weigh the information based on reliability of the source and amount of factual data provided. If everything is just a reporter's conjecture, it's worthless. If there are independent witness statements, maps, video and evidence, the source is highly worthy. The last thing you need is more conjecture or other people's opinions when you are searching for the truth.

When the Zimmerman case was first breaking, 70% of the people I talked to had listened to the breaking news and had determined Zimmerman was guilty and the poor, teenage boy was a victim of gun violence. However, worse than that, there opinion was immovable once they based their decision on nothing but a reporter's conjecture. Even after an initial investigation, you must leave yourself open to new evidence and changing circumstance. An intelligent mind is constantly analyzing and re-evaluating to know the truth. There is no wrong in admitting you have changed your mind based on the totality of the evidence. You can even change it back as more is revealed - this is not being wispy-washy, just analytical as new evidence is presented.

I know nothing of fact in the FL shooting, which sounds as if it has little fact. It is fact that both left the scene. It is clear the shooter did not notify the police. There is plenty of reasonable doubt on both sides and I'm sure the Reasonable Man Test will come into play. But the last thing any of us should be doing is sniping at one another over a case that currently has more questions than answers. Let's keep open minds and use the forum for intelligent discussion about the facts of the case as they develop.
__________________
.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 02-07-2014 at 08:17 PM.
TekGreg is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 5,001
Liked 2572 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 4084

Default

Quote:
people are growing tired of rude people who think it's ok to assault our ears with rap, Harley's with no mufflers, etc.

Add to that rednecks firing guns in residential areas.

http://www.guns.com/2014/01/29/fl-man-shows-completely-legal-shooting-range-residential-yard-video/

Last edited by alsaqr; 02-07-2014 at 09:12 PM.
alsaqr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How to "Ghost Load" or "Carrier Load" or "Float a Round" a Shotgun Amsdorf General Shotgun Discussion 19 02-21-2014 05:35 AM
"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter Bigcountry02 The Club House 39 01-30-2014 04:24 AM
OK Home Invader Murder Trial Set To Begin alsaqr Legal and Activism 22 11-06-2013 12:42 AM
Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing? lawofselfdefense Florida Gun Forum 1 03-18-2013 08:50 PM
Sigma "unusual loud click" User Name Semi-Auto Handguns 9 08-06-2011 05:11 PM



Newest Threads