FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2067 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 3105

Default FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

The trial of Michael Dunn for the murder of a teenage vehicle passenger will soon get underway. Dunn had an altercation with the vehicle passengers because of their loud music. Dunn fired eight rounds into the vehicle, killing 17 year old Jordan Davis. Dunn claims the teenagers had a gun: Police found no gun.

Dunn did not call the police, he drove off.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #2

Liked 2394 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 2302

I knew it. You can only subject society to loud crappy music for so long before they go insane.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #3

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

I personally think the guy is an idiot. It was just loud music ( which is annoying sure but .... ) Taking a human life over decibel level is just rediculous and makes lawful gun owners look bad.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #4

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When you invade some ones space for any reason it pays to think first.

coyote.gif  

Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21300 Times on 12085 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
I personally think the guy is an idiot. It was just loud music ( which is annoying sure but .... ) Taking a human life over decibel level is just rediculous and makes lawful gun owners look bad.
i agree. i hate loud music and loud stereo systems that you can hear half a mile away. but shooting into another car over loud music was a strictly douchebag move. i hope they stick this idiot in prison for a long time.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

I'll show you "Bass Beat"...

Seriously, though, this is the more unstable element starting to snap at the continuing degradation of human and social values. The more one ignores not only the rights of others but also a politeness in public places, the more likely the fringe of society will start to snap and we will see these unfortunate incidences happening. It is wholly unacceptable and illegal, but it does show the limits of humans sharing highly populated areas. The more that the Golden Rule tarnishes, the more these incidences occur.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 02-07-2014 at 07:36 AM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Hang on just a minute here. First, let me say that this guy is probably guilty, but there are some pieces missing. He states that what looked like a shotgun was aimed at him. The media is reporting that no gun was found "at the scene", but what the media is failing to report is that both vehicles left the scene. This could plant reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors. Personally, I think the guy is guilty as hell, but proving he did not act in self defense is going to be iffy.

As a side note, civil suits have already been settled. This also makes him look guilty. Under Florida law you are immune from civil litigation in cases of self defense. They probably can't bring this up during trial, but the media was full of this story within the past month.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6801 Times on 3714 Posts
Likes Given: 13384

Why did he shoot into the vehicle again as they fled?

no offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #9

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

So, these guys, they are both parked at a gas station/ convenience store,

for the few seconds it takes to buy something in the store, and depart,

and the one guy shoots the other guy over loud music?

This might make sense, IMHO, if these victims went to the shooter's

house, and were playing loud music into his bedroom window, from

his lawn.

Just from what I can glean from news accounts, this guy was manufacturing

an excuse, and was awfully quick on the trigger.

Hey, go into the store, buy your stuff, get into your car, drive away.

If the loud music sucks, it won't be there for long.

This is the kind of Wild West crap that gives all responsible gun

owners a black eye. What makes him think he can pass judgment on

society? This is the kind of "Black Bart" crap which gave the "Wild West"

a bad name, in the first place.

Last edited by therewolf; 02-07-2014 at 12:43 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

The story was they were both at the gas station and the victims buddies were playing obscene rap music at obscene noise levels. He asked them to turn it down since his GF was in the car. They refused and allegedly pointed a shotgun at him. He drew and fired in fear for his own life.

Okay, that's the story. Here are some other facts. Both cars left the scene, and later the one with the body in it returned. The shooter went to a motel with his GF and was arrested the next day in another county. He did not call the police at all. There was also another car tied to the victims group at the gas station which left at the same time. The defense is alleging that that car met the one with the victim and removed the shotgun to an unknown location. At that point the car associated with the victim returned to the gas station.

As I said earlier, I think Dunn is guilty. If it was a good shooting why didn't he report it? Why did he leave the scene and the county? Why didn't the woman in the car with him call police? The whole thing stinks, but the actions of the victims friends may give Dunn an out.

I guess the biggest question in my mind is, where the heck are Al and Jesse? <grin>