Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/fl-loud-music-murder-trial-103723/)

alsaqr 02-06-2014 06:29 PM

FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

The trial of Michael Dunn for the murder of a teenage vehicle passenger will soon get underway. Dunn had an altercation with the vehicle passengers because of their loud music. Dunn fired eight rounds into the vehicle, killing 17 year old Jordan Davis. Dunn claims the teenagers had a gun: Police found no gun.

Dunn did not call the police, he drove off.

rjd3282 02-06-2014 08:09 PM

I knew it. You can only subject society to loud crappy music for so long before they go insane.

Gh0zt36 02-07-2014 05:14 AM

I personally think the guy is an idiot. It was just loud music ( which is annoying sure but .... ) Taking a human life over decibel level is just rediculous and makes lawful gun owners look bad.

nitestalker 02-07-2014 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When you invade some ones space for any reason it pays to think first.:eek:

Axxe55 02-07-2014 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 (Post 1500519)
I personally think the guy is an idiot. It was just loud music ( which is annoying sure but .... ) Taking a human life over decibel level is just rediculous and makes lawful gun owners look bad.

i agree. i hate loud music and loud stereo systems that you can hear half a mile away. but shooting into another car over loud music was a strictly douchebag move. i hope they stick this idiot in prison for a long time.

TekGreg 02-07-2014 07:27 AM

I'll show you "Bass Beat"...

Seriously, though, this is the more unstable element starting to snap at the continuing degradation of human and social values. The more one ignores not only the rights of others but also a politeness in public places, the more likely the fringe of society will start to snap and we will see these unfortunate incidences happening. It is wholly unacceptable and illegal, but it does show the limits of humans sharing highly populated areas. The more that the Golden Rule tarnishes, the more these incidences occur.

Doc3402 02-07-2014 08:53 AM

Hang on just a minute here. First, let me say that this guy is probably guilty, but there are some pieces missing. He states that what looked like a shotgun was aimed at him. The media is reporting that no gun was found "at the scene", but what the media is failing to report is that both vehicles left the scene. This could plant reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors. Personally, I think the guy is guilty as hell, but proving he did not act in self defense is going to be iffy.

As a side note, civil suits have already been settled. This also makes him look guilty. Under Florida law you are immune from civil litigation in cases of self defense. They probably can't bring this up during trial, but the media was full of this story within the past month.

MisterMcCool 02-07-2014 11:38 AM

Why did he shoot into the vehicle again as they fled?

no offense and none taken

therewolf 02-07-2014 12:29 PM

So, these guys, they are both parked at a gas station/ convenience store,

for the few seconds it takes to buy something in the store, and depart,

and the one guy shoots the other guy over loud music?

This might make sense, IMHO, if these victims went to the shooter's

house, and were playing loud music into his bedroom window, from

his lawn.

Just from what I can glean from news accounts, this guy was manufacturing

an excuse, and was awfully quick on the trigger.

Hey, go into the store, buy your stuff, get into your car, drive away.

If the loud music sucks, it won't be there for long.

This is the kind of Wild West crap that gives all responsible gun

owners a black eye. What makes him think he can pass judgment on

society? This is the kind of "Black Bart" crap which gave the "Wild West"

a bad name, in the first place.

Doc3402 02-07-2014 12:49 PM

The story was they were both at the gas station and the victims buddies were playing obscene rap music at obscene noise levels. He asked them to turn it down since his GF was in the car. They refused and allegedly pointed a shotgun at him. He drew and fired in fear for his own life.

Okay, that's the story. Here are some other facts. Both cars left the scene, and later the one with the body in it returned. The shooter went to a motel with his GF and was arrested the next day in another county. He did not call the police at all. There was also another car tied to the victims group at the gas station which left at the same time. The defense is alleging that that car met the one with the victim and removed the shotgun to an unknown location. At that point the car associated with the victim returned to the gas station.

As I said earlier, I think Dunn is guilty. If it was a good shooting why didn't he report it? Why did he leave the scene and the county? Why didn't the woman in the car with him call police? The whole thing stinks, but the actions of the victims friends may give Dunn an out.

I guess the biggest question in my mind is, where the heck are Al and Jesse? <grin>