"Fix" the Second Amendment, huh? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Fix" the Second Amendment, huh?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"
Richard Henry Lee
writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
Zachariah Johnson
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
Philadelphia Federal Gazette
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "
Thomas Jefferson
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
The Federalist Papers at 184-8

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison.

LEAVE THE DAMN DOCUMENT ALONE

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

People Like This 
Old 04-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 676 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"
Richard Henry Lee
writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
Zachariah Johnson
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
Philadelphia Federal Gazette
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "
Thomas Jefferson
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
The Federalist Papers at 184-8

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison.

LEAVE THE DAMN DOCUMENT ALONE
Sean, that was the good old days, now they just change laws infringing your rights when they want to.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Yup there are just plenty of quotes and documents explaining the founding fathers views on the Constitution I don't see where the problem lies scotus can just review the federalist papers to see what the intent and meaning was

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #24

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by -06 View Post
"They" can interpret it anyway they like but in the end the meaning comes from the smoking end of a firearm. That is the reason it is there---not for hunting rights, not for national guard/etc., but for the militia(those able to carry a rifle and have the guts to use it).
EXTREMELY well said sir. For awhile I thought that the situation in Nevada might lead to the second "Shot Heard Round the World".

Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
The 2A has already been re-written and they change it quite offten as we speak, the gun grabbers and libtards are working it Now on Capital Hill.

In case you didn't know it, your Gun rights are slowly disappearing before your eyes.

Our President Just signed a 1.1 billon dollar gun safety bill that stinks like a dead rat, further alowing the fight to band Semi-auto rifles, High cap Mags, Smart bracelet guns, etc......

re-writing the 2A will do no good for the simple fact that Washington does not follow it to begin with. They just change and make up the rules as they go and keep bring it back to the table, one day it will pass
AG Holder requested the funding, it has not been approved. The BATF has tried to get funding to study gun safety for years. The BATF has gotten no money to study gun safety. What makes the AG more qualified to study gun safety than the BATF? He is not!

This is just another scam to create another gun buying panic. The anti gun politicians and media have seen that they can scare us into panic buying. Panic buying will push the prices of guns and ammo up to the point that only the wealthy will be able to afford weapons and ammo. We won't be able to teach our children to shoot. Once the anti gunners achieve this goal the game is over and they have won.

Maybe we should focus on pop tarts instead of the scare tactics.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 04-15-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 676 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
AG Holder requested the funding, it has not been approved. The BATF has tried to get funding to study gun safety for years. The BATF has gotten no money to study gun safety. What makes the AG more qualified to study gun safety than the BATF? He is not!

This is just another scam to create another gun buying panic. The anti gun politicians and media have seen that they can scare us into panic buying. Panic buying will push the prices of guns and ammo up to the point that only the wealthy will be able to afford weapons and ammo. We won't be able to teach our children to shoot. Once the anti gunners achieve this goal the game is over and they have won.

Maybe we should focus on pop tarts instead of the scare tactics.
Scare Tactic? doesn't look like it to me.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Scare Tactic? doesn't look like it to me.
i seriously doubt anything Holder or Obama try, will simply be scare tactics. they may not ever succeed, but i don't think they are simply trying to scare the gun owners. those two have an agenda they want to fulfill and will do anything they can to see it take place.