Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Fix" the Second Amendment, huh?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
People need to get over the idea that morality can be legislated. We can keep an orderly society but we can't make people behave.

I dunno with the way the war on drugs is working maybe we should let guns be outlawed. Then everyone will have a gun and the price will drop by half.
WTH?

what does morality have anything to do with the 2nd amendment?

what does the war on drugs have to with the 2nd amendment?

please stay on topic JD.
stag556 Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #12

Liked 2436 Times on 1388 Posts
Likes Given: 1909

These gun control lib ninnies keep

sewing themselves into a tighter and

tighter bag.

Do they ever think, BEFORE they speak?

Sooo, now, as a GC measure, they want to

train us all as militiamen?

Hey, eff it, where do I sign up? Do we

get meals, uniforms, and ammo?

Old 04-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1419 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I would have taken the militia out of 2A altogether. That passage has obscured the meaning of RKBA just enough to keep it under relentless assault since before I can remember. The Founders were very smart, but they weren't palm readers. They did not foresee the rise of a parasitic underclass with no desire for responsibility as individuals.

Last edited by Mercator; 04-13-2014 at 06:36 AM.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 755 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 156

An extremely intelligent friend of mine, gun owner, corporate exec type honestly believes the bill of rights was designed by the founding fathers to be adjusted over time.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #15

Liked 299 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
An extremely intelligent friend of mine, gun owner, corporate exec type honestly believes the bill of rights was designed by the founding fathers to be adjusted over time.
I agree that our understanding of our Natural Rights evolves as we grow as a species. The founders even included a method by which we could include that deeper understanding in our founding documents. It is the Amendment Process. However, at this point I will accept NOTHING that comes out of DC unless it fits with MY understanding of Original Intent. If they attempt yet more curtailments of our Natural Rights in such an aggressive manner they will fail, even if they attempt to use the Amendment Process. I feel that the Citizenry is tired of the government pulling Wacos and Ruby Ridges. They provoke us at their peril.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2486 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

The Founding Fathers fixed it just fine during the drafting and final revision of our Bill of Rights.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

People Like This 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #17

Liked 1018 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Thomas Jefferson supported that view as well.

http://www.omg-facts.com/History/Thomas-Jefferson-believed-the-Constituti/56097

Quote:
Jefferson wrote, “Every constitution, then, and every law, natural expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.”

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5615 Times on 2778 Posts
Likes Given: 5977

Do not fold, spindle, mutilate or Fetter it, I like it just the way it is! Simple, Direct and Clear about the right and purpose of that right. Republicrats and Lawyers dont like absolutes cause they leave no room for purchasing unction from them. As Jon pointed out, the comma wasnt a mistake, it was there to justify the second part, because we will have one (an organized military commanded by our government), we must have the other (the capability to prevent them from tyrannizing us if they try).

Dont change a thing, its fine. Change minds that think you can require all humans to reason appropriately at all times. Humans are imperfect, were not programmed like a PC, were all capable of good and bad, some do one more than the other.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 385 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

What these revisionists know full well but will never admit is that the founders never even considered limiting the liberty of the individual to do as he pleases as long as that activity didn't encroach on the liberty of another. The entire bill of rights -except for the 9th amendment- were put in place as preexisting basic fundamental human rights and codified limitations on government power.
Telling our founders at the time of the founding or even before the revolution that they couldn't have the same equipment that the standing military had because they might hurt themselves or others would have got you laughed out of town or declared to be the town loon.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 631 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 406

The 2A has already been re-written and they change it quite offten as we speak, the gun grabbers and libtards are working it Now on Capital Hill.

In case you didn't know it, your Gun rights are slowly disappearing before your eyes.

Our President Just signed a 1.1 billon dollar gun safety bill that stinks like a dead rat, further alowing the fight to band Semi-auto rifles, High cap Mags, Smart bracelet guns, etc......

re-writing the 2A will do no good for the simple fact that Washington does not follow it to begin with. They just change and make up the rules as they go and keep bring it back to the table, one day it will pass

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This