Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   "fiscal cliff" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/fiscal-cliff-79409/)

HM2Grunt 12-25-2012 07:45 PM

"fiscal cliff"

Instead of focusing on a section of the citizenry that is armed, wouldn't the time and energy of the legislative bodies, and all citizens, be better spent preventing a fiscal problem as serious as whats ahead.

There seems to be no real out-cry about how the government can't fix this emergent problem, the total wreck of some citizens finances, but can go home go on vacation.

Doctors, police, fire-fighters, and soldiers have to stay and clean up emergencies, Law makers are so much better than the rest of us, that they need time off , I guess.

People who aspire to positions should know why they have been sent to the legislature. Instead I think they go for personal gain. Government perks, money from lobbyists, insider information, and any other perceived way they can advance themselves.

They have security details, pensions, health care, and all they have to do to keep these things, is to go out at the time of re-election, and kiss the voters(behinds), and tell lies about what they will do for us if elected.

I think the problems with gun control are way less troublesome than the country's current money problems.

If they are so civic-minded, why isn't the Hollywood crowd clamoring for a balance-budget. Probably, because, like are law makers, they are not middle class Americans, and feel they are immune to money problems. Maybe the fiscal cliff is too hard to understand. Guns are easy, they are good, or they are bad. Oh GUNS BAD!

In the mean time, buckle up, it seems our drivers are headed over the cliff. But in the mean time, I don't think we have to worry about loosing our gun rights today, because Washington is on vacation.

tomgodd 12-25-2012 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Attachment 76254

HM2Grunt 12-25-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd (Post 1065815)

Attachment 76254

Sorry tomgodd, am I keeping you up?

And my apologies to dog2000tj for stepping on your thread. Just shows good minds run in the same ditch.

tomgodd 12-25-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HM2Grunt (Post 1065821)

Sorry tomgodd, am I keeping you up?

And my apologies to dog2000tj for stepping on your thread. Just shows good minds run in the same ditch.

Not sure what you mean...
I just seen fiscal cliff and put that quote someone sent me.

HM2Grunt 12-25-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd (Post 1065826)
Not sure what you mean...
I just seen fiscal cliff and put that quote someone sent me.

sorry couldn't read it, thought the quote below the line of dots was part of your signature. My bad

dog2000tj 12-25-2012 09:29 PM

no worries, I feel you can't have enough conversation on issues. Of this one, it has been completely fabricated by the ineptitude of our elected officials :mad:

tomgodd 12-25-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HM2Grunt (Post 1065906)

sorry couldn't read it, thought the quote below the line of dots was part of your signature. My bad

Lol! No reason to be sorry.

JimRau 12-26-2012 06:25 PM

There is only ONE person on the face of the earth who has the combination of authority, influence, and control of their party to stop this and that is Barry Obama!!
BUT he is a secular progressive extremist who wants the tax hikes and defence cuts and he can blame the other side AND GET AWAY WITH IT. So he will not do the responsible thing for he country, because he is committed to the progressive agenda/cause/ideology.:(