firearms in military... - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > firearms in military...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

You said that you've never had an issue with your rifle, just magazines. It's printed on the screen in front of you. Go re-read your own post.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #22

Both of those aren't mine. I'm just waiting for this issue with more of our rifles in my company. Mine works fine.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Both of those aren't mine. I'm just waiting for this issue with more of our rifles in my company. Mine works fine.
So how many have you seen go down while in Iraq?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #24

None cause I wasn't the armorer. I had a SAW 7 of the 9 months I was there. I broke parts on the SAW but was still able to use it in combat. Also the SAW was in the army since I wanna say desert storm...

Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
None cause I wasn't the armorer. I had a SAW 7 of the 9 months I was there. I broke parts on the SAW but was still able to use it in combat. Also the SAW was in the army since I wanna say desert storm...
So none on your team went down? You never saw the after-effects of one going down while you were at the FOB? You want to replace a weapon system, because of rumors?

And the Ma Deuce was in the Army since World War One.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #26

Quote:
So none on your team went down? You never saw the after-effects of one going down while you were at the FOB? You want to replace a weapon system, because of rumors?
Ok they aren't rumors. I have 2 weapons down right now like I said that are right out of the box new that have broken trigger/hammer. I never said anything about rumors these are facts.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #27

Quote:
And the Ma Deuce was in the Army since World War One.
Neg it came around in 1921. here is my source on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning_machine_gun

Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Ok they aren't rumors. I have 2 weapons down right now like I said that are right out of the box new that have broken trigger/hammer. I never said anything about rumors these are facts.
So, have these carbines been shot, or used in combat yet?

Isn't it standard policy to do an armorer's inspection before using the firearm in combat? I don't see anything from your posts that says this is a problem with the M-16, just the vendors that are supplying you with the firearms.

I ask again, HAVE YOU SEEN A RIFLE ISSUED NOT WORK IN COMBAT?

Old 08-31-2007, 04:01 AM   #29

Yeah these have been shot at the range and they were inspected when we got them. These are messing up in TRAINING! Do you understand what i'm tell you here. They are breaking after a simple 25 meter zero on them. How do you think they will do in combat?

Old 09-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Yeah these have been shot at the range and they were inspected when we got them. These are messing up in TRAINING! Do you understand what i'm tell you here. They are breaking after a simple 25 meter zero on them. How do you think they will do in combat?
I would say that the armorer is incompetent. If they are screwing up that badly, the armorer should have picked it up on the inspection.

I do find it interesting that what you propose to fix the problemswith, the H&K 416 and the FN SCAR platform, both use the same equipment that you claim is ****ty, bad magazines and poor triggers.