firearms in military... - Page 3


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > firearms in military...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

You said that you've never had an issue with your rifle, just magazines. It's printed on the screen in front of you. Go re-read your own post.



__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

Both of those aren't mine. I'm just waiting for this issue with more of our rifles in my company. Mine works fine.



__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Both of those aren't mine. I'm just waiting for this issue with more of our rifles in my company. Mine works fine.
So how many have you seen go down while in Iraq?
__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

None cause I wasn't the armorer. I had a SAW 7 of the 9 months I was there. I broke parts on the SAW but was still able to use it in combat. Also the SAW was in the army since I wanna say desert storm...

__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
None cause I wasn't the armorer. I had a SAW 7 of the 9 months I was there. I broke parts on the SAW but was still able to use it in combat. Also the SAW was in the army since I wanna say desert storm...
So none on your team went down? You never saw the after-effects of one going down while you were at the FOB? You want to replace a weapon system, because of rumors?

And the Ma Deuce was in the Army since World War One.
__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
So none on your team went down? You never saw the after-effects of one going down while you were at the FOB? You want to replace a weapon system, because of rumors?
Ok they aren't rumors. I have 2 weapons down right now like I said that are right out of the box new that have broken trigger/hammer. I never said anything about rumors these are facts.
__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
And the Ma Deuce was in the Army since World War One.
Neg it came around in 1921. here is my source on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning_machine_gun
__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Ok they aren't rumors. I have 2 weapons down right now like I said that are right out of the box new that have broken trigger/hammer. I never said anything about rumors these are facts.
So, have these carbines been shot, or used in combat yet?

Isn't it standard policy to do an armorer's inspection before using the firearm in combat? I don't see anything from your posts that says this is a problem with the M-16, just the vendors that are supplying you with the firearms.

I ask again, HAVE YOU SEEN A RIFLE ISSUED NOT WORK IN COMBAT?
__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:01 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Default

Yeah these have been shot at the range and they were inspected when we got them. These are messing up in TRAINING! Do you understand what i'm tell you here. They are breaking after a simple 25 meter zero on them. How do you think they will do in combat?

__________________
Quigs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Yeah these have been shot at the range and they were inspected when we got them. These are messing up in TRAINING! Do you understand what i'm tell you here. They are breaking after a simple 25 meter zero on them. How do you think they will do in combat?
I would say that the armorer is incompetent. If they are screwing up that badly, the armorer should have picked it up on the inspection.

I do find it interesting that what you propose to fix the problemswith, the H&K 416 and the FN SCAR platform, both use the same equipment that you claim is ****ty, bad magazines and poor triggers.


__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Obama cutting military and the Russian military is parading! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 05-10-2009 03:58 AM
Jokes about the Military McNabb11b The Club House 13 03-03-2009 02:31 AM
Military Firearms websites Slickrick214 The Club House 9 11-08-2008 03:13 AM
Who in here is ex-military or currently in? Tony Soprano The Club House 37 01-15-2008 02:31 AM
military .22? jo_nathan1980 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 4 10-03-2007 01:56 AM