Firearms Freight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Firearms Freight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: St.Peter Port.or St Malo France.or Portsmouth UK,Guernsey .. located in English Channel
Default Firearms Freight

I don`t know if this will ever effect freight in the USA,but it is closing down firearms aquisition in my part of the world.As from Dec 2009 no freight company or postal service will carry any firearms or parts thereof from any part of the world to dealers in the British Channel Islands.We are British,but not part of the UK.We have no vote in the UK parliment,and also we have no UK type political parties in our Govt.The UK have never been pleased that we do not follow their firearms laws,but couldn`t do much about it.The above seems to be a back door way of forcing control.Not knowing how the freight regulations are in the USA,I am wondering if your gun opposition types will try something like this on you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

THe current office has much more to worry about than attempting to start a revolution.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8875 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Kestral- here in the US we may send a rifle or shotgun through the mail- but if crossing from one state to another, it must go TO a Federal firearms License holder (dealer, gumith, collector, etc) HANDGUNS may only by shipped by a few common carriers- UPS or FedEx, unless you are a dealer (they can still use the mail) Those carriers require we ship next day AIR, so about $75 to ship a handgun. Any part can be sent by any means except the reciever- it is legally "the gun".

Our concern is not the front door attack, but the back door- simply tax and regulate the beast to death. Proclaim "it's for the CHILDREN" and "It's only COMMON SENSE." when in fact it is neither.

Just guessing- Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man? My lady is a West Country lass from the Devon/Cornwall border.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Is there any law or embargo prohibiting the shipping, or are shipping companies voluntarily refusing service?
If voluntary, a licensed dealer in the channel islands may well be able to make a lucrative, legal profit by starting their own shipping company.......
Free enterprise baby, just a thought

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I've always wondered how the CMP can ship to anyones door directly. All that's needed is that you are a US citizen, belong to a sponsored gun organization, and passed a gun safety course or been prior military..

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8875 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Oldman- exemption in law for the CMP. Charter from Congress.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.